Are you an Atheist? What Promted Your Choice?

All I know is, the way religion tends to encourage "faith" sounds like an AWESOME way to get people to do what I want and not question me.

Originally Posted by Napoleon

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

God is whatever u make him out to be. It's also funny how ppl say something doesn't exist but they have an idea of what doesn't exist. But Atheism is the new fad.

The best way to become an Atheist is to read the bible.

With your eyes open.

God is whatever u make him out to be. It's also funny how ppl say something doesn't exist but they have an idea of what doesn't exist. But Atheism is the new fad.

With your eyes open.

Originally Posted by Ginzo

With your eyes open.

This is the problem with most atheist. You finding an identity with not believing in fairy tales puts you on the same level as those who do. The idea of God is much bigger than the tale of a man in a sky. Most people are beyond that these days I think the fact that atheism is the new cool thing most people who dont believe in the Bible now think their atheist
30t6p3b.gif
 The fact that atheist and fundamentalist christians use the same manual to make their points is ironic. There are plenty of other gods so christians are kind of athiest too. Some people woship the Sun because it brings life to the world. Do you not believe in the Sun? Some people say God is the Universe the creator of all life. Technically their right. Are you not going to believe in the Universe(s)?
Its always interesting to see how atheists think. I find most atheists to be left brained and even those who arent they are usually stubborn in their logic. I dont mean to be disrespectful at all when I say that most  atheist the ones I know or try to understand think inside of a box. logic to me is very important but it can be a handicap. I forgot who said it but "Humans are at our most creative when rational thought is suspended" Had great thinkers like Einstein or whoever said hey the world might not be flat not defied "logic" where would be. Right brainers like Einstein though very logical knew how insane most dogma was but they always had the idea of "There might be some kind of God" While left brainers think "No I cant see it, smell it, prove it. therefore it doesnt exist"  Sure you got left brainers who believe in God and vice versa but you get what im sayin gotdammit.

My point is the difference between those who believe in any "higher power" and those who find it utterly ridiculous is just the different personality types you were born with. So thats why I always get pissed when one side tries to act superior to the other because neither of you mofos know anything. 
ohwell.gif

With your eyes open.

This is the problem with most atheist. You finding an identity with not believing in fairy tales puts you on the same level as those who do. The idea of God is much bigger than the tale of a man in a sky. Most people are beyond that these days I think the fact that atheism is the new cool thing most people who dont believe in the Bible now think their atheist
30t6p3b.gif
 The fact that atheist and fundamentalist christians use the same manual to make their points is ironic. There are plenty of other gods so christians are kind of athiest too. Some people woship the Sun because it brings life to the world. Do you not believe in the Sun? Some people say God is the Universe the creator of all life. Technically their right. Are you not going to believe in the Universe(s)?
Its always interesting to see how atheists think. I find most atheists to be left brained and even those who arent they are usually stubborn in their logic. I dont mean to be disrespectful at all when I say that most  atheist the ones I know or try to understand think inside of a box. logic to me is very important but it can be a handicap. I forgot who said it but "Humans are at our most creative when rational thought is suspended" Had great thinkers like Einstein or whoever said hey the world might not be flat not defied "logic" where would be. Right brainers like Einstein though very logical knew how insane most dogma was but they always had the idea of "There might be some kind of God" While left brainers think "No I cant see it, smell it, prove it. therefore it doesnt exist"  Sure you got left brainers who believe in God and vice versa but you get what im sayin gotdammit.

My point is the difference between those who believe in any "higher power" and those who find it utterly ridiculous is just the different personality types you were born with. So thats why I always get pissed when one side tries to act superior to the other because neither of you mofos know anything. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

With your eyes open.

30t6p3b.gif

ohwell.gif

God aside, we all do this in one way or another. People choose to make the exception to the requirement of concrete evidence when it comes to religion. SPECIFICALLY, their own religion..

You are right, we are all technically atheists...including religious folks.

I'm cool with the idea that the sun is what gives life to all-in the literal sense (photosynthesis-blah blah blah...same can be said about water.. Now praying to the sun for goodwill and fortune is utterly ridiculous, and basically reduces the sun to the same "man in the sky" as the judeochristian religions.

I may be wrong, but the idea of GOD is a man/men/woman/ women/ animal/ being in the sky.....not the abstract "force" that you described.

I believe in the possibility of forces we don't understand, but said forces aren't "GOD". There is a specific/concrete definition of a "God". I may be wrong tho, someone's gonna have to back me up
ohwell.gif

From my understanding a God is a "conscious", thinking, active, manipulative, spiritual, omnipotent being that controls everything-not an abstract force that passively governs the physics of our existence (Eg. the sun and the universe)

Originally Posted by cartune

With your eyes open.

30t6p3b.gif

ohwell.gif

God aside, we all do this in one way or another. People choose to make the exception to the requirement of concrete evidence when it comes to religion. SPECIFICALLY, their own religion..

You are right, we are all technically atheists...including religious folks.

I'm cool with the idea that the sun is what gives life to all-in the literal sense (photosynthesis-blah blah blah...same can be said about water.. Now praying to the sun for goodwill and fortune is utterly ridiculous, and basically reduces the sun to the same "man in the sky" as the judeochristian religions.

I may be wrong, but the idea of GOD is a man/men/woman/ women/ animal/ being in the sky.....not the abstract "force" that you described.

I believe in the possibility of forces we don't understand, but said forces aren't "GOD". There is a specific/concrete definition of a "God". I may be wrong tho, someone's gonna have to back me up
ohwell.gif

From my understanding a God is a "conscious", thinking, active, manipulative, spiritual, omnipotent being that controls everything-not an abstract force that passively governs the physics of our existence (Eg. the sun and the universe)

The very fact that we enact the purpose of a god to uphold all of these things or a few of them illustrates that indeed one does not exist. If it means something completely different to so many people, its just a coping mechanism. Nothing more. Nothing less.

The very fact that we enact the purpose of a god to uphold all of these things or a few of them illustrates that indeed one does not exist. If it means something completely different to so many people, its just a coping mechanism. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I think when anyone says 'well it depends on what YOUR DEFINITION of god is' they are really saying 'you haven't watered down the idea of god enough'

I think when anyone says 'well it depends on what YOUR DEFINITION of god is' they are really saying 'you haven't watered down the idea of god enough'

I mean Atheism IS a belief system. I wouldn't call it a Satanic Religion though. But would not believing in God mean an Atheist also does not believe in the Devil? I mean do Atheists believe in evil/demonic forces? Someone can answer.

I mean Atheism IS a belief system. I wouldn't call it a Satanic Religion though. But would not believing in God mean an Atheist also does not believe in the Devil? I mean do Atheists believe in evil/demonic forces? Someone can answer.

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Just a few things.

1. Add Religious/ Spiritual beliefs to things NEVER to be discussed on #NT

2. Believe what you believe, you really can't convince someone how you believe something is correct because what's true to them is FOR them.

3. I know for myself, first hand the power of prayer and seeing what my faith has done in my life and why certain things occur in my life. I know for myself that my faith in something I can not explain is what helps me keep going many days. And that's good enough for me, I don't need to convince anyone else that my faith belief is right, because it sits right in my soul.

Maybe its me, but I often find that many people who are Athiest (IMO) have a very pessimistic way of looking at life. I prefer to have that hope, that faith that when I pass I'll move on to a place better than here.
Dam this is exactly how I feel.

Simple, every do what best fits your lifestyle. Lets Stop the Hate.

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Just a few things.

1. Add Religious/ Spiritual beliefs to things NEVER to be discussed on #NT

2. Believe what you believe, you really can't convince someone how you believe something is correct because what's true to them is FOR them.

3. I know for myself, first hand the power of prayer and seeing what my faith has done in my life and why certain things occur in my life. I know for myself that my faith in something I can not explain is what helps me keep going many days. And that's good enough for me, I don't need to convince anyone else that my faith belief is right, because it sits right in my soul.

Maybe its me, but I often find that many people who are Athiest (IMO) have a very pessimistic way of looking at life. I prefer to have that hope, that faith that when I pass I'll move on to a place better than here.
Dam this is exactly how I feel.

Simple, every do what best fits your lifestyle. Lets Stop the Hate.

Just think about it. It makes no sense at all. I honestly don't see how any rational person who is being completely honest with themselves can believe in any religion. I can maybe see being spiritual or entertaining the possibility of some sort of God, but actually following a religion? Nope.

Just think about it. It makes no sense at all. I honestly don't see how any rational person who is being completely honest with themselves can believe in any religion. I can maybe see being spiritual or entertaining the possibility of some sort of God, but actually following a religion? Nope.

With your eyes open.

laugh.gif

With your eyes open.

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom