Are you an Atheist? What Promted Your Choice?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I mean Atheism IS a belief system. I wouldn't call it a Satanic Religion though. But would not believing in God mean an Atheist also does not believe in the Devil? I mean do Atheists believe in evil/demonic forces? Someone can answer.
No. There isn't any explanation for why an atheist would believe in evil/demonic forces where they wouldn't be a hypocrite due to their reasons for not believing in a GOD. I mean where does the Devil come from? Is it not GOD? We lack belief in a GOD and do not believe in any religion with one. No reason to take that stance and then say I do believe in angels.

Also, lacking belief in something is not the same as not believing in something. If I lack belief in leprechauns, unicorns, and dragons does that make it a belief system? If so then that definition of belief system is a watered down one where everyone has a belief system outside of ppl who claim to have no opinions on the topic altogether.

Of course that does not go for a person labels themselves as a gnostic atheist.

I mean Atheism IS a belief system. I wouldn't call it a Satanic Religion though. But would not believing in God mean an Atheist also does not believe in the Devil? I mean do Atheists believe in evil/demonic forces? Someone can answer.
No. There isn't any explanation for why an atheist would believe in evil/demonic forces where they wouldn't be a hypocrite due to their reasons for not believing in a GOD. I mean where does the Devil come from? Is it not GOD? We lack belief in a GOD and do not believe in any religion with one. No reason to take that stance and then say I do believe in angels.

Also, lacking belief in something is not the same as not believing in something. If I lack belief in leprechauns, unicorns, and dragons does that make it a belief system? If so then that definition of belief system is a watered down one where everyone has a belief system outside of ppl who claim to have no opinions on the topic altogether.

Of course that does not go for a person labels themselves as a gnostic atheist.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

God aside, we all do this in one way or another. People choose to make the exception to the requirement of concrete evidence when it comes to religion. SPECIFICALLY, their own religion..

You are right, we are all technically atheists...including religious folks.

I'm cool with the idea that the sun is what gives life to all-in the literal sense (photosynthesis-blah blah blah...same can be said about water.. Now praying to the sun for goodwill and fortune is utterly ridiculous, and basically reduces the sun to the same "man in the sky" as the judeochristian religions.

I may be wrong, but the idea of GOD is a man/men/woman/ women/ animal/ being in the sky.....not the abstract "force" that you described.

I believe in the possibility of forces we don't understand, but said forces aren't "GOD". There is a specific/concrete definition of a "God". I may be wrong tho, someone's gonna have to back me up
ohwell.gif

From my understanding a God is a "conscious", thinking, active, manipulative, spiritual, omnipotent being that controls everything-not an abstract force that passively governs the physics of our existence (Eg. the sun and the universe)
Not in the Islamic tradition.  The mean reason why idolatry is prohibited is to stop this kind of thinking.

God aside, we all do this in one way or another. People choose to make the exception to the requirement of concrete evidence when it comes to religion. SPECIFICALLY, their own religion..

You are right, we are all technically atheists...including religious folks.

I'm cool with the idea that the sun is what gives life to all-in the literal sense (photosynthesis-blah blah blah...same can be said about water.. Now praying to the sun for goodwill and fortune is utterly ridiculous, and basically reduces the sun to the same "man in the sky" as the judeochristian religions.

I may be wrong, but the idea of GOD is a man/men/woman/ women/ animal/ being in the sky.....not the abstract "force" that you described.

I believe in the possibility of forces we don't understand, but said forces aren't "GOD". There is a specific/concrete definition of a "God". I may be wrong tho, someone's gonna have to back me up
ohwell.gif

From my understanding a God is a "conscious", thinking, active, manipulative, spiritual, omnipotent being that controls everything-not an abstract force that passively governs the physics of our existence (Eg. the sun and the universe)
Not in the Islamic tradition.  The mean reason why idolatry is prohibited is to stop this kind of thinking.

i have no religious faith because of that the level of atrocity that exists in our society

i have no religious faith because of that the level of atrocity that exists in our society

The hypocrisy of many religious people doesn't help. I wanna call myself a Christian but I was cheat on my wife, commit fornication and act a fool completely ignoring Jesus' principles. What part of the game is that?

The hypocrisy of many religious people doesn't help. I wanna call myself a Christian but I was cheat on my wife, commit fornication and act a fool completely ignoring Jesus' principles. What part of the game is that?

Are you a Satanist? I ask because of your screename.

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Just a few things.

1. Add Religious/ Spiritual beliefs to things NEVER to be discussed on #NT

2. Believe what you believe, you really can't convince someone how you believe something is correct because what's true to them is FOR them.

3. I know for myself, first hand the power of prayer and seeing what my faith has done in my life and why certain things occur in my life. I know for myself that my faith in something I can not explain is what helps me keep going many days. And that's good enough for me, I don't need to convince anyone else that my faith belief is right, because it sits right in my soul.

Maybe its me, but I often find that many people who are Athiest (IMO) have a very pessimistic way of looking at life. I prefer to have that hope, that faith that when I pass I'll move on to a place better than here.
Dam this is exactly how I feel.

Simple, every do what best fits your lifestyle. Lets Stop the Hate.

1. Atheism values and celebrates life, religious people do NOT (see I can make assumptions too). That's why you see idiots strapping bombs to themselves and killing other with false hope of fornicating with virgins in the afterlife.

2. Look at most "Atheist" countries, low crime, high education, and advances in technology. They are doing better than most super religious counties where people live in caves.

3. It's cool that you go to God for psychological solace, some people don't need that. He is the God of the hopeless and desperate, and evil men exploit this to their advantage.

Just a few things.

2. Believe what you believe, you really can't convince someone how you believe something is correct because what's true to them is FOR them.

3. I know for myself, first hand the power of prayer and seeing what my faith has done in my life and why certain things occur in my life. I know for myself that my faith in something I can not explain is what helps me keep going many days. And that's good enough for me, I don't need to convince anyone else that my faith belief is right, because it sits right in my soul.

Maybe its me, but I often find that many people who are Athiest (IMO) have a very pessimistic way of looking at life. I prefer to have that hope, that faith that when I pass I'll move on to a place better than here.

1. Atheism values and celebrates life, religious people do NOT (see I can make assumptions too). That's why you see idiots strapping bombs to themselves and killing other with false hope of fornicating with virgins in the afterlife.

2. Look at most "Atheist" countries, low crime, high education, and advances in technology. They are doing better than most super religious counties where people live in caves.

3. It's cool that you go to God for psychological solace, some people don't need that. He is the God of the hopeless and desperate, and evil men exploit this to their advantage.

the idea of a god and a heaven with anything you can imagine is ludicrous...totally backwards thinking

the idea of a god and a heaven with anything you can imagine is ludicrous...totally backwards thinking

Depends on what you mean by "Satanism", but according to some Christians if you don't ride with God you might as well be riding with the devil so I adopted this SN in a satirical manner. LaVey is a very interesting fella tho, I do adopt some of his philosophy.

Just a few things.

It never fails...my $$+#! Anton propagating his RELIGION of NOTHINGNESS.  The almighty Anton knows all, he knows God doesn't exist because he posses higher intelligence
pimp.gif

Your my favorite NTer Anton, I wanna move to NYC and wear trench coats just like you
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Just a few things.

It never fails...my $$+#! Anton propagating his RELIGION of NOTHINGNESS.  The almighty Anton knows all, he knows God doesn't exist because he posses higher intelligence
pimp.gif

Your my favorite NTer Anton, I wanna move to NYC and wear trench coats just like you
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Depends on what you mean by "Satanism", but according to some Christians if you don't ride with God you might as well be riding with the devil so I adopted this SN in a satirical manner. LaVey is a very interesting fella tho, I do adopt some of his philosophy.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Just a few things.

pimp.gif

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Nothingness? I think there is a lot out there we don't know. Do you know how vastly infinite, life and the universe is? There is definitely something out there but I'm not gonna sit here and tell you that I know what it is. It's beyond the scope of my understanding as a human being so until further notice I will stay a religious free agent. Some people like me continue to search for answers rather than taking the easy/lazy way out. My decision to convert would be a lot easier if there was a consensus as to which diety I'm supposed to worship. Many religious people being the most immoral, hateful, and ignorant people on the planet doesn't help either
ohwell.gif

And by the way, you must have the comprehension skills of a 3 year old, cause I've mentioned several times on NT that I am NOT a "Atheist" atleast no more Atheist than you or anybody else.
eyes.gif

Please post a "yawn" and keep it moving
roll.gif

I don't know all....I know nothing. And neither do you.
ohwell.gif

Just a few things.

pimp.gif

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Nothingness? I think there is a lot out there we don't know. Do you know how vastly infinite, life and the universe is? There is definitely something out there but I'm not gonna sit here and tell you that I know what it is. It's beyond the scope of my understanding as a human being so until further notice I will stay a religious free agent. Some people like me continue to search for answers rather than taking the easy/lazy way out. My decision to convert would be a lot easier if there was a consensus as to which diety I'm supposed to worship. Many religious people being the most immoral, hateful, and ignorant people on the planet doesn't help either
ohwell.gif

And by the way, you must have the comprehension skills of a 3 year old, cause I've mentioned several times on NT that I am NOT a "Atheist" atleast no more Atheist than you or anybody else.
eyes.gif

roll.gif

I don't know all....I know nothing. And neither do you.
ohwell.gif

Just a few things.

pimp.gif

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Nothingness? I think there is a lot out there we don't know. Do you know how vastly infinite, life and the universe is. There is definitely something out there but I'm not gonna sit here and tell you that I know what it is. It's beyond the scope of my understanding as a human being so until further notice I will stay a religious free agent. My decision to convert would be a lot easier if there was a consensus as to which diety I'm supposed to worship. Many religious people being the most immoral, hateful, and ignorant people on the planet doesn't help either
ohwell.gif

eyes.gif

roll.gif

LaVey is a very interesting fella tho, I do adopt some of his philosophy.

LukeWarm Lavey is your new screen name sir.

Just a few things.

pimp.gif

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Nothingness? I think there is a lot out there we don't know. Do you know how vastly infinite, life and the universe is. There is definitely something out there but I'm not gonna sit here and tell you that I know what it is. It's beyond the scope of my understanding as a human being so until further notice I will stay a religious free agent. My decision to convert would be a lot easier if there was a consensus as to which diety I'm supposed to worship. Many religious people being the most immoral, hateful, and ignorant people on the planet doesn't help either
ohwell.gif

eyes.gif

roll.gif

LaVey is a very interesting fella tho, I do adopt some of his philosophy.

LukeWarm Lavey is your new screen name sir.

Back
Top Bottom