Are you an Atheist? What Promted Your Choice?

godalmightyvialoljesuscsu2.jpg

funny-picture-1142018091.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm not going to debate the validity of the Bible with anyone who hasn't read enough of it to see the life lessons taught within it...

You shouldn't make statements about someone's faith without reading the book they follow, i.e. people making irrational statements about Islam and Judaism without reading the Quran or Torah, respectively.

I'm not going to debate the validity of the Bible with anyone who hasn't read enough of it to see the life lessons taught within it...

You shouldn't make statements about someone's faith without reading the book they follow, i.e. people making irrational statements about Islam and Judaism without reading the Quran or Torah, respectively.

Yes, I don't believe we were created by a "God", I know there are aliens and such, and higher powers, different forms of life etc.

To believe in god is borderline insanity. Why must you be faithful and happy all day? Be miserable like everyone else.

Yes, I don't believe we were created by a "God", I know there are aliens and such, and higher powers, different forms of life etc.

To believe in god is borderline insanity. Why must you be faithful and happy all day? Be miserable like everyone else.

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Original thread starter: I guess I misunderstood the intent of your original post... are you trying to discuss Atheism and Theism? or are you here just to belittle those who have beliefs that are different from yours?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Original thread starter: I guess I misunderstood the intent of your original post... are you trying to discuss Atheism and Theism? or are you here just to belittle those who have beliefs that are different from yours?

No one ever in my life tried to persuade me one way or the other. So I came to my conclusion completely on my own and through education, history, facts, logic, and really looking at both sides and what they say. Once you look into most the religions of the world, the history of the world and it's connection to society, history of our world scientifically, you just come to the understanding that its not true, but that you see how and why it exists and how and why people want or need to believe it.

No one ever in my life tried to persuade me one way or the other. So I came to my conclusion completely on my own and through education, history, facts, logic, and really looking at both sides and what they say. Once you look into most the religions of the world, the history of the world and it's connection to society, history of our world scientifically, you just come to the understanding that its not true, but that you see how and why it exists and how and why people want or need to believe it.

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

Originally Posted by moneymike88

God doesn't exist

lobotomybeats wrote:
It's not really a choice. It's just the truth.

JaeEvolution wrote:
The universe created itself, and inevitably it will destroy itself.
Prove it. (Keep in mind that the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence)

Edit - Some of you mooks are confusing believing in a God with following organized religion. A person can do one without the other.

Asking me to prove that is idiotic, I could easily turn around to you and say prove to me that God doesn't exist, NO ONE can answer either of those questions and they probably never will.
It is along the lines to me of who is logical and who isn't.

Lrn2Readingcomprehension, That's what I was telling them to do. Who's to say what's "logical" anyway?
lobotomybeats wrote:

The #@@% is wrong with you? I wouldn't say that because know I can't fly
acquaint yourself

Irrelevant. Your example makes no sense because I know I can't fly. I can easily say that I have tried, then failed and have proven to you and myself that I can't fly. Terrible !##@+# example btw

Edit - Atheists entertain me. Dance puppets

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

God doesn't exist

lobotomybeats wrote:
It's not really a choice. It's just the truth.

JaeEvolution wrote:
The universe created itself, and inevitably it will destroy itself.
Prove it. (Keep in mind that the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence)

Edit - Some of you mooks are confusing believing in a God with following organized religion. A person can do one without the other.

Asking me to prove that is idiotic, I could easily turn around to you and say prove to me that God doesn't exist, NO ONE can answer either of those questions and they probably never will.
It is along the lines to me of who is logical and who isn't.

Lrn2Readingcomprehension, That's what I was telling them to do. Who's to say what's "logical" anyway?
lobotomybeats wrote:

The #@@% is wrong with you? I wouldn't say that because know I can't fly
acquaint yourself

Irrelevant. Your example makes no sense because I know I can't fly. I can easily say that I have tried, then failed and have proven to you and myself that I can't fly. Terrible !##@+# example btw

Edit - Atheists entertain me. Dance puppets

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Me personally I've reached the point of psychosis where I just can't endure the anguish and restraints that something non-existent (or yet to be seen) has over one's life.
I deal with real life issues, real life problems, real life pain ...It's just preposterous to give control of my life to something that has yet proven to be viable.
People aimlessly limiting themselves to chance and it rules in their favor it's "God" and if it doesn't it's Lucifer. *#*+ that, faith in "God" is mental disease....religion is a
cash cow that exploits the stupid. "Sin", is mental terror for the weak who are scared to explore horizons to obtain knowledge of self.

God doesn't exist

Just as bad as people who think one does exist. 
Humility in the face of questions you can't answer > *

Agnosticism > *

Yea I'm agnostic but God literally doesn't exist. Atleast not in our reality....God is as real as the lochness monster or bigfoot.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Me personally I've reached the point of psychosis where I just can't endure the anguish and restraints that something non-existent (or yet to be seen) has over one's life.
I deal with real life issues, real life problems, real life pain ...It's just preposterous to give control of my life to something that has yet proven to be viable.
People aimlessly limiting themselves to chance and it rules in their favor it's "God" and if it doesn't it's Lucifer. *#*+ that, faith in "God" is mental disease....religion is a
cash cow that exploits the stupid. "Sin", is mental terror for the weak who are scared to explore horizons to obtain knowledge of self.

God doesn't exist

Just as bad as people who think one does exist. 
Humility in the face of questions you can't answer > *

Agnosticism > *

Yea I'm agnostic but God literally doesn't exist. Atleast not in our reality....God is as real as the lochness monster or bigfoot.

Originally Posted by acts65

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
It's self explanatory I was discussing Atheism and what prompted your choice ...as far as the pictures go, if you believe in the Easter bunny and I don't is it wrong for me to find humor in the ridiculousness of it all? As "believers flaunt that God's loves them and atheist going to hell"? 

Originally Posted by acts65

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
It's self explanatory I was discussing Atheism and what prompted your choice ...as far as the pictures go, if you believe in the Easter bunny and I don't is it wrong for me to find humor in the ridiculousness of it all? As "believers flaunt that God's loves them and atheist going to hell"? 

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Prove it.

Prove it.

Prove it.

dude you clearly missed the point of my post....the absense of proof is not the proof of absence argument is all good but if we accept God as "real" we must accept all things fiction. I believe in the possibility of a God but in my reality he/she/it doesn't exist.

The burden of proof in not on the atheist.

Prove it.

dude you clearly missed the point of my post....the absense of proof is not the proof of absence argument is all good but if we accept God as "real" we must accept all things fiction. I believe in the possibility of a God but in my reality he/she/it doesn't exist.

The burden of proof in not on the atheist.

Back
Top Bottom