Are you an Atheist? What Promted Your Choice?

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Since when does believing in a God = being a Christian?
laugh.gif

I'll play too
athe.jpg

Dance puppet.
Replace that nothing and no reason with chance. How am I a puppet? Who am I praying to on a daily basis?
eyes.gif

In response to Bsmooth:
Atheism accomplishes reason/logical questions. BASICALLY IT MAKES YOU APPRECIATE ALL THE LITTLE THINGS IN LIFE. Yes caps were needed. If I had never made an analysis of the other side of the argument I'd still think hell is a real place.
Also in your post you act like religion was just suggested to people. Like it is now...hell naw back then it was
Person A: Hey do you believe in god?
Person B: Yup
Person A: Do you believe in my god?
Preson B: Nope
Person A *stabs person b in the heart, harvests flesh for god*

laugh.gif

I'll play too
athe.jpg

Dance puppet.
Replace that nothing and no reason with chance. How am I a puppet? Who am I praying to on a daily basis?
eyes.gif

In response to Bsmooth:
Atheism accomplishes reason/logical questions. BASICALLY IT MAKES YOU APPRECIATE ALL THE LITTLE THINGS IN LIFE. Yes caps were needed. If I had never made an analysis of the other side of the argument I'd still think hell is a real place.
Also in your post you act like religion was just suggested to people. Like it is now...hell naw back then it was

I'm offended dude is tryna pin the "puppet" stereotype on atheists and agnostics.....
indifferent.gif

Of course your offended. Thats why your constantly in a state of defense on this website with your ideologies.
laugh.gif
You know what you are.

I think most atheists are only atheists because of what they perceive as modern western religion and spirituality, which is full of falsehoods and agendas. Then you have the rationalists talking about science. How come science doesn't explain our comprehension and development of knowledge and how it exceeds the slow and tedious process of natural evolution immensely?

I never disagreed with anybodys views on organized religion, but if there was any value in atheism whatsoever than how come there has never been a collective atheist movement to combat religious corruption and wrong doing? Atheism is worthless.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

I'm offended dude is tryna pin the "puppet" stereotype on atheists and agnostics.....
indifferent.gif

Of course your offended. Thats why your constantly in a state of defense on this website with your ideologies.
laugh.gif
You know what you are.
It really makes more sense to call the believers "puppets". You're not born with a belief in god, Its not the nonbelievers who were changed by the world views.

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
You know what you are.
It really makes more sense to call the believers "puppets". You're not born with a belief in god, Its not the nonbelievers who were changed by the world views.

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
You know what you are.

since the dawn of man, there hasn't been a more effective method of controlling people.  

this is one of those situations where someone says something so stupid, it genuinely offends you
indifferent.gif

alien.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
You know what you are.

since the dawn of man, there hasn't been a more effective method of controlling people.  

this is one of those situations where someone says something so stupid, it genuinely offends you
indifferent.gif

alien.gif

Originally Posted by Ginzo

laugh.gif

I'll play too
athe.jpg

Dance puppet.
eyes.gif

In response to Bsmooth:

roll.gif
if it were up to people like bsmooth and sarah palin we'd still be living in the dark ages.

Originally Posted by Ginzo

laugh.gif

I'll play too
athe.jpg

Dance puppet.
eyes.gif

In response to Bsmooth:

roll.gif
if it were up to people like bsmooth and sarah palin we'd still be living in the dark ages.

religion is the human scapegoat. im atheist because i refuse to believe that a place with so much more suffering than not is being watched over and controlled by an omnipotent being. i take responsibility for my own success and failure, and don't attribute either to a God's plan

religion is the human scapegoat. im atheist because i refuse to believe that a place with so much more suffering than not is being watched over and controlled by an omnipotent being. i take responsibility for my own success and failure, and don't attribute either to a God's plan

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
You know what you are.

I think most atheists are only atheists because of what they perceive as modern western religion and spirituality, which is full of falsehoods and agendas. Then you have the rationalists talking about science. How come science doesn't explain our comprehension and development of knowledge and how it exceeds the slow and tedious process of natural evolution immensely?

I never disagreed with anybodys views on organized religion, but if there was any value in atheism whatsoever than how come there has never been a collective atheist movement to combat religious corruption and wrong doing? Atheism is worthless.

Most people that believe in god only believe because their parents believe and their parents' parents believed and so on. Athiests are usually the black sheep of most american families imo. Are you kidding me? Athiests make up 3% of the usa population. How are we supposed to have movements when you religious folk have had a bagillion year head start at ingraining their superstitious beliefs into our society? Being an atheist is as tolerated as being gay. I think you're mad because an atheist took your girl. In all seriousness Atheism is worthless...wow. slap yourself

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
You know what you are.

Most people that believe in god only believe because their parents believe and their parents' parents believed and so on. Athiests are usually the black sheep of most american families imo. Are you kidding me? Athiests make up 3% of the usa population. How are we supposed to have movements when you religious folk have had a bagillion year head start at ingraining their superstitious beliefs into our society? Being an atheist is as tolerated as being gay. I think you're mad because an atheist took your girl. In all seriousness Atheism is worthless...wow. slap yourself

Originally Posted by lostsoulswander

who created god? serious question
nerd.gif

yep, i pose this question to religious people all the time and they beat around the bush with their long list on "convenient responses"

nerd.gif

yep, i pose this question to religious people all the time and they beat around the bush with their long list on "convenient responses"

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

nerd.gif

Hebrew story teller wanted to scare his kids...archeologist was to be significant and translate the first Harry Potter book written on ancient Egyptian scrolls.

nerd.gif

Hebrew story teller wanted to scare his kids...archeologist was to be significant and translate the first Harry Potter book written on ancient Egyptian scrolls.

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

nerd.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

nerd.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
Dont ever put my name in the same sentence as Sarah Palin again you heathen...

Yall sound like the same ol atheist arguers. I never claimed a loyalty to any organized religion and I even acknowledged how religion has failed people as an institution, yet yall have yet to make any significant claims on the behalf of atheism.

Appreciate the smaller things? I can't appreciate the smaller things because I believe in higher powers?
laugh.gif

Like I said, in an atheists world everything is rational and solved mathematically. Must be nice. I've never lived in that world.

roll.gif
Dont ever put my name in the same sentence as Sarah Palin again you heathen...

Yall sound like the same ol atheist arguers. I never claimed a loyalty to any organized religion and I even acknowledged how religion has failed people as an institution, yet yall have yet to make any significant claims on the behalf of atheism.

Appreciate the smaller things? I can't appreciate the smaller things because I believe in higher powers?
laugh.gif

Like I said, in an atheists world everything is rational and solved mathematically. Must be nice. I've never lived in that world.

Back
Top Bottom