Arguing w/ Dad Unappreciation. vol: What to do?

Damn.
I love my Dad but damn... We have a similar personality and in fact, it doesn't help.
It never seems to fail that my dad and I were in another controversy. I hate this.
He seems to always make something out of nothing. Real talk, I don't start this stuff at all.
He's a hothead and always has to be right. My mom even tells me to try and take it and move on
but everytime it happens... it gets harder and harder to cope with. He starts arguements over the littlest things
and tries to get me scared or feel inferior. I hate it and pretty much can't handle it anymore.
Then a few days later, he acts like nothing even happened and tries to become best friends with me.
I know people have worse problems then this but I'm being serious. Its been going on for a while now.
I really dont feel like talking to him. I've thought this way before but for some reason I'm pretty damn serious right now.
I'm not looking for sympathy...but is anyone else feeling like this or have felt this way before?

i have a relationship like this with my dad. my mom and everyone else tells me to just try n let it slide... which i do for the most part

but every now and then it turns into a heated argument... all i can do is tell you what my mom tells me..

work hard at school/work and move the %%%@ out!!!
laugh.gif

omg im the same thing the whole time he argues for 1 day then the next day he treats me like one of his best freinds

i have the same relationship with my step dad.
it gets really bad sometimes.
but now, i keep it on a hello and im out basis.
thats the best way to do it, say as little to him as possible.
and my mom tells me to do the same thing GHOST703.
save money and move the @*%+ out.

whip it out
eyes.gif

Then a few days later, he acts like nothing even happened and tries to become best friends with me

Your pops knows that he got out of line, and probably has too much pride to just apologize about it. Atleast thats my take on it.

Can't take hotheads too seriously. its just their way and theyll never change.

me and my mom have a similar relationship... we actually hate each other. there's no point in me givin you advice... cuz i need it too

Yea ghost and club... I'm just going to let this one ride out. (no mo),
and just concentrate on my studies and be a "sleeper" around the house
and go somewhat unoticed. I wish my brother was still living here though.
He'd take some of the heat off of me.
roll.gif

Some people don't even have dad's. Appreciate your's.

That's why I said, "I know people have worse problems." or are in more difficult situations.

and I am fortunate that I have a father. Just unappreciating the fact that we argue most of the time.

WOW...i almost thought i wrote that for a second...honestly fam Im 23, dont live at home anymore, paid for my own schooling and love my pops to death. Hes mybest friend and we are just alike, so I know how you feel cuz well to say the least my pops is crazy and dont give a @#+$ bout nothing or noone lol...all youcan do b is take it for what it is and let it go. Hes your dad arguing with him is only disrespectful on your part in the end. You will see this when you are afather some day. if it is something serious, let him cool off be cool for a few days and bring it up easily. not aggressive. Its not worth it because it willonly cause another blowout. This is just my take on how to handle the situation as I had to do the same many a times.

I wish my brother was still living here though.
He'd take some of the heat off of me.

my sis got a real good job in another state and moved out this past march

i feel the same way
laugh.gif

never feed the fire, with constantly arguing with him (HARDEST TO DO, but smartest man int he world can)

If your Alike, your his mini me, your gonna aruge.... but make him feel bad about it... tell him YOU WIN, YOU WIN ---> often makes them feel like they arentaccomplishing anything and its all going in one ear out the other...

If he doesnt respect your viewpoints, theirs something he doesnt respect about you, ask him whats wrong...

Dont be dumb, Talk, never raise the voice.... Like i said, keeping a calm can be really hard to do

WIth a will theirs a way!~

haha totally relate to what you are saying, i am hot tempered and so is my dad we get in to arguments over anything- it gets to a level that we don't speakfor days. At the end i apologize ( thanks to my mom) and everything is back to normal, Reality is - i can't afford to disappoint him lol, everything hesays seems to be true and most of the time i tend to be ignorant and over confident. I can't really thank him enough for what he did, After all he pays formy college, payed for a new car etcc lol.. But it seems like i have never made a decision by myself - from my major to my college, it is all his plan. Since mylittle sister is in HS now, she is taking half of the heat.

And to make matter worse, my mom always takes my dads side lol. Outnumbered with no support haha.

Used to have a similar situation with my dad and then I got tired of it. I just ended up not even talking to either of my parents. I stopped telling them whereI was going, what I was doing, my money business, nothing. Finally, they realized that I wasn't going to be talked to like an idiot they made some changes.That doesn't always work, but considering my position in my family it was easier for both parties to give in a little..

He might be bipolar.

But seriously, how old are you? I'd say move out if you are of age, i know it's a drastic step and most people just 'can't up and move' butthat's what i'd do. Have you tried to talk to him? Have a family meeting or something and tell him how you feel, with a relative playing the mediator,cause it seems as though ma dukes ain't even trying to confront pops cause she just tells you to ignore it. If you don't do this now, he'll do itthe rest of your life, even when you are grown and out the house. handle it asap.

i know what ya feel bro but remember he still your pops. just give him the respect and don't get out of order.
remember they are not always gonna be here for us and you gotta cherish each moment.

ya dig fam?

also try telling him what ya feel and maybe he'll react and see what he does is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom