Asics Love?!? Where is it?

I see the complaints but the only thing that bothers me on the newer pairs is the toe, mostly the lack of toe wrap on the mudguard. The heel counter is also smaller compared to older pairs. I personally like the current iteration more than the salmon toe and volcano 2.0 era for the fit and feel. The shape has changed so much im never sure which "era" we are going back to. Its not like the dark ages of the AM1 where the shoe was absolutely hideous.
IMG_7377.JPG

IMG_7378.JPG

IMG_7379.JPG

I see the complaints but the only thing that bothers me on the newer pairs is the toe, mostly the lack of toe wrap on the mudguard. The heel counter is also smaller compared to older pairs. I personally like the current iteration more than the salmon toe and volcano 2.0 era for the fit and feel. The shape has changed so much im never sure which "era" we are going back to. Its not like the dark ages of the AM1 where the shoe was absolutely hideous.
IMG_7377.JPG

IMG_7378.JPG

IMG_7379.JPG
I still don't see the difference, it's so minute....:rofl:

I still don't see the difference, it's so minute....:rofl:
the wasabis and atmosphere referenced in the petition do look worse than the citrus pair a used as a comparison but I'd really like an Asics historian to chime in on how many times and when the mold has changed.

While most folks were hoping to get a W on those fugly eBay Dunks, I was hoping to get a W on these Social Status Gel Lyte Vs. I love the grey colorway (though I have a couple of sneakers with that pink/green/blue color scheme in it, but I do not care LOL). This will be my 2nd pair of Asics in my collection (the first to pop my Asics cherry was the Salmon Toes.....I SOOOO love that pair!).

Screenshot_20221217-102351_Gmail.jpg

I guess nobody were checking for them like that because it is a FSR on both CWs on Social Status' site (except for size 14 in the grey pair). I am still very happy for my raffle W in these (though I could have waited for them to hit the website LOL) and cannot wait to see them in hand.

Last edited:
Got both colors but I'll see how they fit, I think we can return these right? They don't have the Teddy Final Sale stipulations?

While most folks were hoping to get a W on those fugly eBay Dunks, I was hoping to get a W on these Social Status Gel Lyte Vs. I love the grey colorway (though I have a couple of sneakers with that pink/green/blue color scheme in it, but I do not care LOL). This will be my 2nd pair of Asics in my collection (the first to pop my Asics cherry was the Salmon Toes.....I SOOOO love that pair!).

Screenshot_20221217-102351_Gmail.jpg
so there's only supposed to be 1500 of these? or?

I guess nobody were checking for them like that because it is a FSR on both CWs on Social Status' site (except for size 14 in the grey pair). I am still very happy for my raffle W in these (though I could have waited for them to hit the website LOL) and cannot wait to see them in hand.
A lot of low key good shoes are out/coming out this month plus people are still Christmas shopping. I have 4 or 5 pairs I would like to get but I still have a few more gifts to buy first so I had to skip some releases I was looking forward to.

I present:
my first pair of Asics!

Discovered these a few weeks ago on Sean Go's channel and I knew I had to get them.
Still not sure about the split tongue but otherwise a beautiful & timeless sneaker!

Attachments

• IMG-3445.jpg
    IMG-3445.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 938
Asics and their inconsistency of eligbility of some kicks kills me. BEen waiting for the Naked 1130 to be disco but alas nope and my size if officially goners

Back
Top Bottom