Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Has anyone who owns the grey/purple GL5 done a lace swap? Or has anyone came across any photos? I think I'd like them better without the purple lace.

Pair came in from FNL, i'm content

i am new to the asics world and am wondering if someone could tell me how GL3's fit compared to a new balance 998 or an Air max 90? specifically the St Alfreds, thanks.

gl 3's run true to size. i always thought 998s ran long. i wear an 11.5 in gl 3s but an 11 in 998s

your not going to get a solid answer on asics sizing because they are inconsistent as ****. I have sz 11 GL3s that fit fine, I have sz 11 GL3s that are way too small. 

I dont see how people say gl3s run tts. My size is 10 in everything but im a 10.5 in gl3s. Weird
This. I wear an 8.5 in most Jordans, a 9 in AM1s and AM90s. I got a 9 in a bunch of GL3's assuming it'd be fine. Wore my black and tans and they were a bit too snug. Wore my Urban Camo's and my feet hated me. Got a 9.5, width isn't much of a problem but now they're a little long and there's a little too much toe room, but I'd rather have that than shoes that squeeze the hell out of my feet. Can't really speak for the St Alfreds, but I'd assume the width doesn't change much between GR's and collabs. If you have wide feet, I say go half size up.

This. I wear an 8.5 in most Jordans, a 9 in AM1s and AM90s. I got a 9 in a bunch of GL3's assuming it'd be fine. Wore my black and tans and they were a bit too snug. Wore my Urban Camo's and my feet hated me. Got a 9.5, width isn't much of a problem but now they're a little long and there's a little too much toe room, but I'd rather have that than shoes that squeeze the hell out of my feet. Can't really speak for the St Alfreds, but I'd assume the width doesn't change much between GR's and collabs. If you have wide feet, I say go half size up.

have you tried lacing loose? are you trying to get the tongue to close?

as soon as i started wearing them loose with the tongue split, i realized they are TTS, and too long if you size up, and will slip on your heel.

i like how they look laced loose with the tongue split (not bronson split tho, lol), so i go TTS in GL3's now.

have you tried lacing loose? are you trying to get the tongue to close?

as soon as i started wearing them loose with the tongue split, i realized they are TTS, and too long if you size up, and will slip on your heel.

i like how they look laced loose with the tongue split (not bronson split tho, lol), so i go TTS in GL3's now.
Yeah I tried that with the UC's. Laced loose enough that the laces practically weren't there and it was the same feeling. I'm fairly sure it's just the width of the shoe as I can see the widest parts of my feet going over the midsole. I compared the insoles of the 9 and 9.5 UC's and the 9.5 was mostly just longer, but I THINK the upper is a tad bigger overall giving a little more flexibility so the shoes don't "pinch" as much.

no offense but you've probably said this 5318841251649 times in this thread already  
laugh.gif
haha, this is true.  But in all fairness, he's only answering the 5318841251649 times it's been asked.

Last edited:
I dont see how people say gl3s run tts. My size is 10 in everything but im a 10.5 in gl3s. Weird
90% of my Asics are TTS - Wearing burgandy's today sz 12, all the way around width/length are perfect. I'm 6'3 260, so being as heavy as I am it probably causes my feet to be even a little wider, and for the most part, GL3's are true to size, I could see if you laced them up all the way, to close the toungue, they'd be too narrow, agree with Proto.

Last edited:
I've had pairs 10 and 10.5 (I'm a 10 usually) and the width is just too narrow in the toe so I have to go 10.5. I don't think they're much longer at all and my heel doesn't slip. I wear a 10 in pretty much all NBs by the way.

I think some people just don't really know what their "true" size really is.

yeah, it gets asked every other page, so i just put my opinion out there on it, regularly.

GL3's are TTS all day long, length wise. so you lace loose at all, they're gonna slip on your heel.

i made the mistake of sizing up years ago when i got into GL3's, and a couple of my fav pairs (red nice kicks 1.0's and the coves) are big as hell on me now, and i have to double up on socks.

if you have wide feet at all tho, i can see them being a bit narrow and uncomfortable.

I don't think they're much longer at all and my heel doesn't slip.

well i also lace loose and down one hole, from the norm, as that's how i think this shoe looks the best, so it's gonna slip if i don't get the length perfect.

once i decided that's the only way i wanted to lace this model, as it looks way better to me, i wish i had stayed TTS in all my pairs.

this is how i wear mine:

10997552605_a4559a32d6_z.jpg

10351758984_f0ef94922d_z.jpg

9562861005_0e219f5830_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom