Asics Love?!? Where is it?

I'm guessing this is next in the Extra Butter DL5 pack...

1aXL0ED

But I'm still ready for this one...

1bLkDCG
i think i might actually get these both 

i need to ask this question. really dont want to, but what socks do you guys wear with your gl3s? like brands of no show socks and ankle cut ones. aha 

Last edited:
Liking Bill's GL5's as well. I want to see the sock liner print before I decide if I'm buying or not.

I bought a cpl packs from Famous Footwear. Theyre no shows and thin. Not womens either they come in mens sizes. I got them buy one get one half off for a pack of 6. so it came to like $12

H&M got some no show thin socks too. And they come in white and black. Cheap too and theyve held up pretty good so far.

Also make sure to check out Journeys. They carry black and white no-shows, along with some random highlighter colors as well.

That dyed pair looks really good. I have an extra pair I was gonna return but I might do that instead and keep them. It's just the grey suede around the heel and a small section below the logo/extends up to the laces that's dyed, right?

Can anyone in that FB group try to find out what he used? I don't have Facebook anymore.

Wait, just noticed the Asics vector is white instead of blue? I kinda want to see how it looks without that.

Last edited:
Guys here's info on those customs.

IG: @2dye4suede

Here's a link of somewhat instructions or interview on how he did it. Unfortunately its not in english. http://www.sneaker-zimmer.de/customizing-grey-captain/

Now who ever can transalate pls post translation to help everyone out. Lol
^just open it in Chrome, it'll translate for you
Customizing is not a new trend in the sneaker community. Again and again amateur hobbyists dare to individual designs based on popular models. A particularly successful example is - yes we say as Cologne - from Dusseldorf.There are two sneaker friends have the Asics Gel Lyte III redesigned from the Camo Pack according to their ideas. We both met for a little interview.

SZ:  Hi you two! May you introduce yourself again?

We are Seb and Urs of "2 Dye 4 Suede". We come from Dusseldorf and are both sneaker collectors.

SZ:  What brought you to develop a custom idea?

"2 Dye 4 Suede" started by the fact that in the current hype just all forums are overflowing with the same shoes, and everything is too impersonal in the end.Therefore, we came a long time ago the idea of ​​whether we ourselves are something you should not even do something personal. But until then, we just lacked the inspiration on which model we should try us.

SZ:  And why it was then the Gel Lyte III from the Camo-Pack?

When we saw the first images of the "Captain's Blue," us was somehow clear that we have found our "guinea pigs". Why not delimit the toebox from the rest of the shoe? In addition, the Captain's Blue offered with its high-quality materials, a good foundation. We have therefore ventured to the project.

SZ:  What colors you've used?

We have of course Angelus Paint used a special color, use the Custom Bike and is just perfect for Suede. Because we partially but found the prices from the states something outrageous, we have much shopped at the craft store around the corner.

SZ:  Are you satisfied with the result?

As a conclusion, we must admit that we are really happy with the "Grey Captain". It is after all our first custom. Even if cost us some sleepless nights the project, we are now even more excited to see how others react sneaker fans on our design. And besides, we already have the next projects in the works.

SZ:   That sounds exciting. We wish you much success with the at any rate "Grey Captain" and your nearest Customs! We have you already completely convinced. (Photos: 2 Dye 4 Suede)

Back
Top Bottom