Asics Love?!? Where is it?

today's... 
mean.gif

This months pickups. Never have I bought this many pairs in this short of a time period, but it was well worth me selling/trading my other kicks to pick these up.

In my opinion, I'd rank the 3 pairs as koi's first, da vinci's second, and St. Alfred's as third.

STAs are potentially my favorite gliii of all time. I'd go with them, then Kois, then Da Vincis. That's just me.

This months pickups. Never have I bought this many pairs in this short of a time period, but it was well worth me selling/trading my other kicks to pick these up.

In my opinion, I'd rank the 3 pairs as koi's first, da vinci's second, and St. Alfred's as third.
Kois have a fantastic colorway but the materials are horrible. The suede is worse than all the GRs. They killed a great shoe. Alfreds are great and i need those DaVincis! 

St. A > DaVinci >>>>>>Koi

guys please help a homie out. if you guys have any leads to a 10.5 da vinci pm me! 

i need these beauties back asap. having big regrets selling my pair :frown:

oh yeah big props to the person who copped those Bottle Rockets a page back. imo one of the top 3 releases this year (DV, Koi/DB, BR)

Last edited:
Plenty of love here! My most worn pair of Vs is without a doubt the grey Bodegas. They are such a great shoe. waterproof, durable, and easily cleaned. 

Can you sayt the same for the ubiq hazardz? Arethey easily cleaned?Or those are not waterproof?

Last edited:
guys please help a homie out. if you guys have any leads to a 10.5 da vinci pm me! 
i need these beauties back asap. having big regrets selling my pair :frown:

oh yeah big props to the person who copped those Bottle Rockets a page back. imo one of the top 3 releases this year (DV, Koi/DB, BR)

I think the Wale endorsement turned a lot of regulars off to them, and also brought a wave "sneaker heads" who only copped because of the same endorsement. I said it around the time of release, if they were Cncpts....it would have been a totally different type of release. Probably my favorite so far behind Size?.

Kois have a fantastic colorway but the materials are horrible. The suede is worse than all the GRs. They killed a great shoe. Alfreds are great and i need those DaVincis! 

St. A > DaVinci >>>>>>Koi
I'm with this…having had all three in hand I'm curious what makes the KOI's even remotely close to the other two? There was not one aspect of KOI's that I found impressive, Not an attack lol just a question for those that think KOI is fire. If looks are determining factor then I understand…if materials are it then i do not.

Da Vincis > St A imo

Koi's colorway is underwhelming in person... red is dull. They look good in picture with filter tho.

Last edited:
Kois gotta be the biggest dropped ball out of all the 25ths so far. Like I really wonder what made them green light those materials.....the color blocking is the only thing saving them at this point for me.

I'm with this…having had all three in hand I'm curious what makes the KOI's even remotely close to the other two? There was not one aspect of KOI's that I found impressive, Not an attack lol just a question for those that think KOI is fire. If looks are determining factor then I understand…if materials are it then i do not.
The Koi only have the hype factor.  If they never did the 1 of 1 pair then people would prob be dissing them more.  You add in the 25 anny and BAM!... hype level 100.  STAs **** all over em.

A shoe could have premium materials but it wouldn't make people want them necessarily...  look at the birthday dinners for example.  They have premium materials but the design is very simple.  Some people think the dottys have good quality materials but then again the dots can be removed off the shoe fairly easily.  I wouldn't always say it's about the materials. 

The Koi only have the hype factor.  If they never did the 1 of 1 pair then people would prob be dissing them more.  You add in the 25 anny and BAM!... hype level 100.  STAs **** all over em.
Im just surprised when I hear someone say KOI is better than something lol, i get more exclusive but I feel like "better" would imply better materials and KOI's imho are bad gr material at best, if you wanna say CW is better or more suited to your style thats understandable, but better in any other way than STA or DA vinci or most gr.'s lol it would take some serious explaining and convincing

Back
Top Bottom