Ask the Barber

wats the best tools/poducts to use to shave my beard stache & under the chin/neck area? all got is sum t outliners...& im black if that helps

Cosign on the T-Outliner II's. I also find the Oster Fast Feed to be great for fades.

OS76023510__76941_zoom.jpg

Originally Posted by RobinVanDamn

Originally Posted by MrYoungMoney

Would you recommend this over Skin Tight?

Barber used a straight razor on the back of my head 
mad.gif

Can't say, never used the Skin Tight Product. 
Just like everything else there's different products that claim to do the same things.

Only way to find out is to try them both and see what works best.

Sorry fam'! 

Originally Posted by j00k

Originally Posted by j00k

how high do the clipper guards go up? I asked for an 8 on the sides but it was too short, i kinda wana see what a 10 looks like

Yeah, I don't own anything above an 8 guard.
Sorry fam', it might be out there but you want it any longer than that you're going to have to deal with shear cuts which a lot of barbers can't do... 
tired.gif
damn thanks man its hard to find someone who can cut the sides with no skin showing but short/long enough so that it dosent look stupid when i have it semi long on the top (i do something similar to a faux hawk ). Any suggestions on what i could say to my barber?
Yeah, you want it to transition well... 
Maybe the best thing to do is take them a picture?

Originally Posted by shogun

Just got a haircut earlier.  Pompadour / slick back in full effect.  
smokin.gif

I'm glad the barbershop I go to has barbers who can cut really well with scissors.  I went to a different shop one time and asked them to trim the top with scissors and they said they could only do it with clippers.  How can you call yourself a barber and not be skilled with scissors?  I know it's different for people who don't usually cut straight hair but almost all of this guy's clients have straight hair.
Yeah, it's a dying profession... 
I mean, when most people go into a barbershop the first thing they do is call out a guard.

"Give me a 2 on top, and a fade."

Therefore eliminating any shear work. 

Originally Posted by peep the kicks

So I'm thinking about going to a barber. Been cutting my own hair for awhile.

what's the difference between a low taper, taper fade, and bald fade? I'm confused
laugh.gif
There are some barbers who do high tapers, and others that do low tapers.
Same as a low fade, and high fade.
A taper fade is just basically the back of the neck, and around the ears tapered in.
A bald fade is pretty much a chili bowl that gets faded in, and trimmed with whatever guard they want on top.

Originally Posted by eashawty

wats the best tools/poducts to use to shave my beard stache & under the chin/neck area? all got is sum t outliners...& im black if that helps

Shaving, that'll leave no bumps = The Wahl 5 Star Electric Razor.

Originally Posted by k3stacks

Whats the best clippers to use to taper?

People say the Oster Fast Feeds, but it's all preference.
I know dude's who use Andi's Masters, Wahl Seniors, etc... 

They all cut hair, it's the person who's using them that makes the taper fade good. 

Originally Posted by stahnskiOHHH

Cosign on the T-Outliner II's. I also find the Oster Fast Feed to be great for fades.

OS76023510__76941_zoom.jpg

Yeah, they are pretty good.
I don't want them to jump into these yet.

Oster is in a class of their own.

They should learn the basics then go off and buy these, the 76'ers, BGR's, Outlaws, etc...

Originally Posted by eashawty

Shaving, that'll leave no bumps = The Wahl 5 Star Electric Razor.
is that the same thing as the wahl 5 star shaver shaper? a dude tole me before to trim the hair wit the outliner & then shave wit the wahl shaver cause usin the shaver on long hair causes bumps. & would i really see that much difference if i got rid of my t outliner & got the outliner 2?

Originally Posted by Wade187

Andi's T-Outliner 2. 
Smaller blade, than the Andi's Outliner.

b7e279aa17de08ab528c7386f3a1d0b2.wix_mp
I can use this to bring my hair down to? I noticed he uses this to line it up and some type of red trimmer to bring it down
Nooooo! 
Don't try cutting you hair with this! 

This is just for outlining, beard trim type of stuff.

So much hair will clog it up, and the blades will stop moving.

You might want to buy some clippers to bring it down.

Wahl Designers if you just want some easy do it yourself haircuts.
Yeah that's what I guessed, cause I never seen him use this for anything other then lining it up, and I'm referring to my beard not actual hair. He doesn't use regular clippers on my beard its some small red thing

Also about the whole pushing the shape up back, my barber def does that. I use to go weekly before I was growing my hair so it didn't matter, but I actually witnessed him arguing with a client cause the dude didn't want his pushed back. Alot of barbers around here try and do that talking about it looks cleaner, money hungry type

Do you love this !*%!? Are you high right now? Do you ever get nervous? Are you single? I heard you +@@*%@ your girl, is it true? You gettin money, you think them ++@#%! you with is with you?

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Do you love this !*%!? Are you high right now? Do you ever get nervous? Are you single? I heard you +@@*%@ your girl, is it true? You gettin money, you think them ++@#%! you with is with you?

beanie1.jpg

I can use this to bring my hair down to? I noticed he uses this to line it up and some type of red trimmer to bring it down
Nooooo! 
Don't try cutting you hair with this! 

This is just for outlining, beard trim type of stuff.

So much hair will clog it up, and the blades will stop moving.

You might want to buy some clippers to bring it down.

Wahl Designers if you just want some easy do it yourself haircuts.
Yeah that's what I guessed, cause I never seen him use this for anything other then lining it up, and I'm referring to my beard not actual hair. He doesn't use regular clippers on my beard its some small red thing
Yeah, facial hair is fine.
Hmmm, maybe some Wahl Detailers? 

wahl%20detailer%20trimmer%20-%20review.jpg

Originally Posted by AizenSousuke

Um, whats good wit that patch of hair bald +%#$%! be rockin above their necks

Ducktails? 
That's been out, they let it grow and usually dye it a different color.

Or just let it grow out, to each his own. 

Back
Top Bottom