Asomugha how did you do that?!?!?!

he doesnt have their ball skills, and he doesnt help his team win games neither. *shrugs* so it all balances out
he doesn't get the balls that they get either.. i have seen him drop a couple of int's but i wonder how many more INT's he would haveif he got thrown at more than 30 times (this is what they said on nfl network not sure how accurate it is)... but since when does clements help his team"win" games.. asante is definately a game changer but he's always been on team with a lot more talent and chemistry around him than aso

Also we can agree that certain systems help players at certain positions blow up their numbers.. for example you would expect a OLB in 3-4 to have 8+ sacksbut you would be surprised if a 4-3 OLB has even 5 sacks

Originally Posted by S Dizzel

he doesnt have their ball skills, and he doesnt help his team win games neither. *shrugs* so it all balances out
he doesn't get the balls that they get either.. i have seen him drop a couple of int's but i wonder how many more INT's he would have if he got thrown at more than 30 times (this is what they said on nfl network not sure how accurate it is)... but since when does clements help his team "win" games.. asante is definately a game changer but he's always been on team with a lot more talent and chemistry around him than aso

He doesn't get thrown @ because he's a great cb AND he doesn't try to bait the QB into throwing to his side. Playing CB is a Cat andMouse game...or smoke and mirrors. You gotta give the illusion that the WR is open even when he really isn't. Don't simply take the WR out of the play,get the ball back for your team and instantly change momentum. Score a TD, advance the ball, etc. Deion is the best man up/press CB I have seen that was ableto balance completely taking the WR out of the plan and giving the illusion to the QB that the WR is open. THAT's how you make your mark on the League.That's how you go from really good to great.

Nnamdi is one of the few guys that really show promise on my team. I'm glad dude got his money.

Originally Posted by dreClark

he doesn't get the balls that they get either.. i have seen him drop a couple of int's but i wonder how many more INT's he would have if he got thrown at more than 30 times (this is what they said on nfl network not sure how accurate it is)... but since when does clements help his team "win" games.. asante is definately a game changer but he's always been on team with a lot more talent and chemistry around him than aso
He doesn't get thrown @ because he's a great cb AND he doesn't try to bait the QB into throwing to his side. Playing CB is a Cat and Mouse game...or smoke and mirrors. You gotta give the illusion that the WR is open even when he really isn't. Don't simply take the WR out of the play, get the ball back for your team and instantly change momentum. Score a TD, advance the ball, etc. Deion is the best man up/press CB I have seen that was able to balance completely taking the WR out of the plan and giving the illusion to the QB that the WR is open. THAT's how you make your mark on the League. That's how you go from really good to great.

can you name any other Man-to-ManCB besides Deion that was great at baiting QBs into throws? But my thing about this is that Deion was able to dothat was because there was no receiver faster than him when he played. But in defense of that, 2 years ago, he picked off 10 passes. the past two years afterthat he has gotten something like 60 balls thrown his way since then. So i think he's proven that he does have the ability to bait the QB, but they justdont throw at him anymore.

But really back on topic that is a crazy deal that he got, kudos to his agent on that one.

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

I feel bad for Raiders fans. I guess this means no money for Michael Vick...
smh.gif
Vick still needs a home.....
just pays Vick with dogs. He be cool with it.
laugh.gif
that is a joke ppl

Originally Posted by ericberry14

can you name any other Man-to-ManCB besides Deion that was great at baiting QBs into throws?
Champ Bailey? Charles Woodson? Aeneas Williams?
But my thing about this is that Deion was able to do that was because there was no receiver faster than him when he played.
It's not all about how fast he was running w/ the WR. It's his closing speed, hips, ability to break down, anticipation, etc. Things thatNA21 seems to have to a certain extent.
But in defense of that, 2 years ago, he picked off 10 passes. the past two years after that he has gotten something like 60 balls thrown his way since then. So i think he's proven that he does have the ability to bait the QB, but they just dont throw at him anymore.
Deltha O'Neal picked off 10 passes to.

That year, was his breakout year correct. QB's threw @ him b/c he was an unknown commodity at the time. Even when they throw to your side LESS than normal,you should still have more picks. I mean, I don't mean to sound like I'm *+!%@#%+ on dude cause he is one of, if not THE best CB in the league. I justthink he can do MORE than what he is already doing. I wanna see him take that next step if he can.

I mean, its just a natural progression IMO. You go from People throwing to your side. To people hardly ever throwing to you side, to finding a balance betweenthe two. Having the Qb throw to your side a little more than normal, but making them pay for it.

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

People are just angry that they didn't have a shot to get him on their team. This deal actually frees up cap space for the Raiders in comparison to putting the franchise on him like they were going to do anyways. He is clearly the best CB in the league for the last 2 seasons and deserved what he got.

It does?? He's getting paid the franchise level amount for 2 yrs. I don't see how it frees up cap space. I just see that it frees up the thefranchise tag to be used on someone else.

Originally Posted by dreClark

He doesn't get thrown @ because he's a great cb AND he doesn't try to bait the QB into throwing to his side. Playing CB is a Cat and Mouse game...or smoke and mirrors. You gotta give the illusion that the WR is open even when he really isn't. Don't simply take the WR out of the play, get the ball back for your team and instantly change momentum. Score a TD, advance the ball, etc. Deion is the best man up/press CB I have seen that was able to balance completely taking the WR out of the plan and giving the illusion to the QB that the WR is open. THAT's how you make your mark on the League. That's how you go from really good to great.

look here man, our D line is absolute garbage. it has been for the past 6 years. thats why dude doesnt have a ton of pics. he has to cover a guy for a longperiod of time. its not the same as having a cb with a good line who can sit back and "bait" a qb. he has no choice because there is no pressure.

and yeah our defensive line was supposedly "good" in 2006 by a lot of peoples standards (2 wins that year but a lot of sacks) and what do you know,nnamdi had 8 interceptions.

so the guy can get picks, hes not lacking in that facet. there is just no pressure so hes not going to gamble and get beat when a qb has 5 seconds to throw theball.

Originally Posted by codex57

People are just angry that they didn't have a shot to get him on their team. This deal actually frees up cap space for the Raiders in comparison to putting the franchise on him like they were going to do anyways. He is clearly the best CB in the league for the last 2 seasons and deserved what he got.

It does?? He's getting paid the franchise level amount for 2 yrs. I don't see how it frees up cap space. I just see that it frees up the the franchise tag to be used on someone else.

Yup yup. Wait til you see the breakdown of the contract. Al Davis was the originator of backloading a contract. Sure there will be some money handed out thisyear, but going into next years uncapped yer is where I bet the majority of the money comes.

pimp.gif
that's a ridiculous amount of money but it's a good deal. gottakeep your best players around. good to see asomugha get paid
pimp.gif

yall actin like he was bout to get paid where ever he went. shane and aso are the best players at there postions so why not pay them what they deserve. i thinkthe cable guys gets on goin this year al is 3/3 on signing this off season

Someone would rather have Asante Samuel over Nnamdi Asomugha?
laugh.gif

Don't get me wrong, Zant is good, but he's not on Nnamdi's level.

That playmaker %%$$ gets nullified when he's getting killed by the opposing team's #1 (see. Roddy White, Larry Fitzgerald)

Also we can agree that certain systems help players at certain positions blow up their numbers.. for example you would expect a OLB in 3-4 to have 8+ sacks but you would be surprised if a 4-3 OLB has even 5 sacks

Co sign. Asante is overrated. Put his %*+ on Denver's Defense and he will get roasted on some rostiserrie *#+$

It is RIDICULOUS how few passes are thrown at him. This past year he had 11 passes thrown at him through week 9. RIDICULOUS. Kill that "he doesntbait" talk. He is the best in the business. (and you have no idea how hard it is for me to compliment a Raider)

did he only allow 9 catches for 100 somethng yards? how you spouse to get int if the ball to come to you?

Originally Posted by codex57

It does?? He's getting paid the franchise level amount for 2 yrs. I don't see how it frees up cap space. I just see that it frees up the the franchise tag to be used on someone else.

Yup yup. Wait til you see the breakdown of the contract. Al Davis was the originator of backloading a contract. Sure there will be some money handed out this year, but going into next years uncapped yer is where I bet the majority of the money comes.
laugh.gif
@ you really think that the NFL will have an uncappedyear.

2ndly, you guys are putting Asomugha on too high of a pedestal. Asante not even close to him??? you do realize in Philly that he had another big name corner onhis team.
the raiders other corner isn't that good, so obviously teams are going to throw on that guy.

Call me bias, but Asomguha is the best man-to-man cover in the League...playing corner for the Oakland Raiders is pretty much the hardest/lonliest position toplay in the NFL, simply because we play man-to-man 80% of the game. All of you guys doubting this guys ability probably haven't watched him play to manytimes this season...dude simply shut down the opposing teams #1 WR, he is a consistant tackler in the running attack, and is pretty much the face of ourfranchise. Asomguha deserves every penny from that contract.

Now looking at Lechler...man, our defense these past couple of seasons has not been the greatest. Really inconsistant defense for the most part (aside from theplay of Asomugha). Our defense would be 40% worse if it wasn't for the punting ability of Lechler, imagine if the Raiders were put in horrible fieldposition with the inconsistent play of our D?
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Don't get me wrong though, I don't think he deserved THAT much money, but we needed to keep him..cause our Offense isn't that great eitherand we sure do punt a lot...

Edit:: and I agree with the post a couple of threads back...Al is 3 for 3 this offseason...

Originally Posted by The Wizard

2ndly, you guys are putting Asomugha on too high of a pedestal. Asante not even close to him??? you do realize in Philly that he had another big name corner on his team.
the raiders other corner isn't that good, so obviously teams are going to throw on that guy.
Wiz, dont talk sensibly

Nnamdi is the be all end all.
Nnamdi is good but he is not Deion where he is head n shoulders above every other CB.
smh.gif
Dude still sayin Fitzgerald killed Samuel. thats a joke. he caugth 3 slants, an out, and a drag pick play on him.
laugh.gif
if Larry Killed Samuel then Randy killed Nnamdi.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom