Basically this sums up my man in a nutshell. Vol. 0bama'12

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Your man? You think he gives a damn about you or anybody in your tax bracket?[/color][color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] [/color]
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]And good riddance.[/color]
happy.gif
this smh

I believe he cares about people in his tax bracket. 
But politics =/= dictatorship.... some things you can't do because a social victory may equal a political defeat...

People who don't really follow politics have a hard time understanding this. The executive brance can only do so much. And to those who cry about the patriot act, fail to realize the significance of it. The Patriot Act = proof our country is moving in the right direction. ...ask me for more info on this if you're interested.
I'm interested in your opinion on this.

Originally Posted by cguy610

this smh

But politics =/= dictatorship.... some things you can't do because a social victory may equal a political defeat...

People who don't really follow politics have a hard time understanding this. The executive brance can only do so much. And to those who cry about the patriot act, fail to realize the significance of it. The Patriot Act = proof our country is moving in the right direction. ...ask me for more info on this if you're interested.

OK.
Do you think the government did warrant-less wiretaps, investigations, detainments, and seizures before the Patriot act?...... yes. 

Why did they need to write a document to say it is OK? Simple.... the officials in the agencies that have a history of doing these things needed a legal way to do it.

Why do they need a legal way to do something they have already been doing illegally?.... because they FEAR what a court would do to them if their activities were exposed.

The management structure of our defense/policing agencies did not need the patriot act in the 1900's.... but the way the country is progressing; it would be a political and judicial nightmare to be caught in a scandal. The fear of being prosecuted is what caused the patriot act to be drafted. 

The thing is.... we KNOW about the patriot act. We can see what the officials can do. Do i think it should be repealed? YES. But, the mere fact that they rely on this document to make their actions legal....means that repealing the document would be undeniable proof their actions are not legal.....therefore an agency can easily be prosecuted if they perform the same actions after a repeal....

The only question is.... which generation will be the one to repeal it.....

this smh

OK.
Do you think the government did warrant-less wiretaps, investigations, detainments, and seizures before the Patriot act?...... yes. 

Why did they need to write a document to say it is OK? Simple.... the officials in the agencies that have a history of doing these things needed a legal way to do it.

Why do they need a legal way to do something they have already been doing illegally?.... because they FEAR what a court would do to them if their activities were exposed.

The management structure of our defense/policing agencies did not need the patriot act in the 1900's.... but the way the country is progressing; it would be a political and judicial nightmare to be caught in a scandal. The fear of being prosecuted is what caused the patriot act to be drafted. 

The thing is.... we KNOW about the patriot act. We can see what the officials can do. Do i think it should be repealed? YES. But, the mere fact that they rely on this document to make their actions legal....means that repealing the document would be undeniable proof their actions are not legal.....therefore an agency can easily be prosecuted if they perform the same actions after a repeal....

He's dropped unemployment since he's been in office. Not to the level it needs to be but its getting there. Example we were losing about 750k jobs a month at the end of Dubya's term. We are only gaining about 100k a month average *this month it was only 50* and we still need 350k a month for natural growth

Taxes are the lowest they have been since the great depression yet the top %1 still complains and wants more. Wealth has significantly shifted in their favor in the last 50 years., the middle class and lower class have been squeezed more than ever. They pay more payroll and state taxes percentage wise than their upper class counterparts, and we all have experienced the money it can cost to be broke. Predatory lending, etc.

On top of that Obama has got the world back on our side. Bush flipped the bird to everyone and you can't be an effective leader and do that. You have to build bridges not burn them. Two wars we didn't need to fight and trillions wasted over there in bribes and monies given to military contractors. It's not like Obama can just pull the plug on Iraq and Afghan...

He tries to help the right side in Libya and he's condemned.

Passes health care reform (albeit crippled by GOP) which no president has done, then when this budget crisis comes along GOP proposed some of the same things they lobbied against when Obama proposed them. On top of that a single payer system would assure lower costs to everyone yet that didn't pass because the insurance lobby is a mofo.

You have to understand, Bush screwed things up for 8 years. It takes at least half that long to get back to where we should be.

He's dropped unemployment since he's been in office. Not to the level it needs to be but its getting there. Example we were losing about 750k jobs a month at the end of Dubya's term. We are only gaining about 100k a month average *this month it was only 50* and we still need 350k a month for natural growth

Taxes are the lowest they have been since the great depression yet the top %1 still complains and wants more. Wealth has significantly shifted in their favor in the last 50 years., the middle class and lower class have been squeezed more than ever. They pay more payroll and state taxes percentage wise than their upper class counterparts, and we all have experienced the money it can cost to be broke. Predatory lending, etc.

On top of that Obama has got the world back on our side. Bush flipped the bird to everyone and you can't be an effective leader and do that. You have to build bridges not burn them. Two wars we didn't need to fight and trillions wasted over there in bribes and monies given to military contractors. It's not like Obama can just pull the plug on Iraq and Afghan...

He tries to help the right side in Libya and he's condemned.

Passes health care reform (albeit crippled by GOP) which no president has done, then when this budget crisis comes along GOP proposed some of the same things they lobbied against when Obama proposed them. On top of that a single payer system would assure lower costs to everyone yet that didn't pass because the insurance lobby is a mofo.

You have to understand, Bush screwed things up for 8 years. It takes at least half that long to get back to where we should be.

Why do people get so up in arms about the Patriot Act?

As if the government cannot do what ever they please . They don't need laws. If you're doing something wrong on a federal level you essentially don't have rights before you get arrested.

And also the OP shouldn't be banned he should be given a free upgrade to his account

Why do people get so up in arms about the Patriot Act?

As if the government cannot do what ever they please . They don't need laws. If you're doing something wrong on a federal level you essentially don't have rights before you get arrested.

And also the OP shouldn't be banned he should be given a free upgrade to his account

OK.

No sarcasm. My mind is blown. I knew they did the same stuff before the PA, I know the laws surrounding the PA are VERY murky, but I never thought of it this way.

OK.

No sarcasm. My mind is blown. I knew they did the same stuff before the PA, I know the laws surrounding the PA are VERY murky, but I never thought of it this way.

Some people refuse to realize that he only wants to help us. He sticks his hand out and it gets smacked back at him, and then blame him in the end.

Back
Top Bottom