Basketball Pivot Moves Question

i was always under the impression that the only way you can pick up your pivot foot is if both feet are coming off the ground at the same time...

say you establish your left foot as the pivot foot, you're saying that i can put my right foot forward, and lift my left foot? that's a travel...

Originally Posted by al3x89

i was always under the impression that the only way you can pick up your pivot foot is if both feet are coming off the ground at the same time...

say you establish your left foot as the pivot foot, you're saying that i can put my right foot forward, and lift my left foot? that's a travel...
if your pivot foot comes down before you shoot, then yes.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

but i took an extra step if i lift my pivot foot...
iunno, i'm just gonna continue playing how i play and not complicate things 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

but i took an extra step if i lift my pivot foot...
iunno, i'm just gonna continue playing how i play and not complicate things 
laugh.gif

i spoke with my friend who's a referee.

he said that you can lift your pivot foot as long as you let go of the ball before it touches the ground again.

but he also said a lot of refs will call a travel because they're dumb lol

i spoke with my friend who's a referee.

he said that you can lift your pivot foot as long as you let go of the ball before it touches the ground again.

but he also said a lot of refs will call a travel because they're dumb lol

Originally Posted by servedchilled

kb in slow motion

Ive only seen a handful of people pull that move off correctly.  Almost everyone ive seen/played with fails to do that move properly and its always a travel.

kb in slow motion

Ive only seen a handful of people pull that move off correctly.  Almost everyone ive seen/played with fails to do that move properly and its always a travel.

I mean it's really not that hard. Take a step with your non-pivot foot, lift your pivot foot, and shoot/pass before your pivot foot comes back down. Most people would assume it's a travel, and arguing with them is pointless.

I mean it's really not that hard. Take a step with your non-pivot foot, lift your pivot foot, and shoot/pass before your pivot foot comes back down. Most people would assume it's a travel, and arguing with them is pointless.

Originally Posted by Durden7

kb in slow motion

Same. When I see someone try to pull off that move, they always drag their pivot foot.

Originally Posted by Durden7

kb in slow motion

Same. When I see someone try to pull off that move, they always drag their pivot foot.

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

Pretty much. It's a basic up-and-under. Anyone who knows basketball isn't gonna call you on it. I play b-ball with girls who use these moves; it's one way they can gain an advantage on guys. All these girls are college experienced and fundamentally sound.

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

Pretty much. It's a basic up-and-under. Anyone who knows basketball isn't gonna call you on it. I play b-ball with girls who use these moves; it's one way they can gain an advantage on guys. All these girls are college experienced and fundamentally sound.

Back
Top Bottom