Battlefield: 3 -Official Thread- Be Advised: We are Mission Launch -

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

just got my copies of Battlefield 3. Long line, which was unusual.
laugh.gif

Installing on both PC and PS3 as I type.
smokin.gif

Why is Origin downloading a 11GB file when I have two DVDs in the case, though?
nerd.gif
How long's the PS3 installation?

Just left the midnight release here in Dallas 
felt geeky but f$@# it 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

going to go in for about an hour then sleep for work in the morning 

nice and easy release 

now if we can only get the hyped up holiday shoe releases to do the same 

Same specs as last time.  Looks better in person.
First mission so no spoilers.  Beware of Ninjahood size.
Oh and as big a deal as people make the graphics out to be in reality the BF franchise has always been about sound.  Get some 5.1 or 7.1 action going and you're set.

Spoiler [+]

Originally Posted by SinnerP

just got my copies of Battlefield 3. Long line, which was unusual.
laugh.gif

Installing on both PC and PS3 as I type.
smokin.gif

Why is Origin downloading a 11GB file when I have two DVDs in the case, though?
nerd.gif
How long's the PS3 installation?
Forgot how long it took, but it didn't take long. Less than 15 minutes, I think. Was installing simultaneously on PC, so I hadn't really kept track of time.
laugh.gif

PS3 patch's taking longer to download, albeit being a smaller file size; but that's more because of the slow internet here, than anything.

Game got shipped a few hours ago. Hopefully it gets here by the time I get home from school tomorrow. Can't wait
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

do I have to get online just to get multiplayer and co-op cracking help if you can 
yup. you need to access the internet to play Multiplayer and Co-op. You need Internet as well to activate it... and to install it. And, judging from the Beta, to run it.
30t6p3b.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

do I have to get online just to get multiplayer and co-op cracking help if you can 
yup. you need to access the internet to play Multiplayer and Co-op. You need Internet as well to activate it... and to install it. And, judging from the Beta, to run it.
30t6p3b.gif
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

that's unnecessary extra $#!@ right

there im not interested in playing with somebody online ( no disrespect to the online players)

but I just want to play with the homies

Just played a couple games.

hd4890: didnt bother with high>

went straight to medium. 35-45 FPS (sometimes 50ish) which was surprising to me. Spotting is a little awkward on PC. Plus, theres no medic or ammo command lol...

I still dont know whats going on when I look at the mini-map.

Playable for me but def gotta upgrade. Hopefully new drivers will help

Played for a few hours after I copped at midnight. I'll wait until some of my friends are on this to play objective gametype. I've been playing TDM and run n gun is working just fine for me 
pimp.gif

I'm a COD player at heart and sometimes these people on this game arent ready for the play style I bring from COD. So many times I've been hitting dudes with the 2K crossover and COD empty clip, pistol switch mow down 9 dudes in 15 seconds
laugh.gif

so far, PC definitely looks twice as good as PS3. But you definitely won't be disappointed with the PS3 graphics.
smokin.gif

Playing the campaign... looks like the 560 Ti with new drivers can run the game on Ultra (in the 24-30fps range most of the time), but there are constant framerate drops (as bad as 16fps
sick.gif
) . I'll stick with choosing to lower select settings to get a more reasonable framerate.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Cannot wait until i get home... I could only hop online for about an hour. no where near enough time. [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Might be skipping the gym just to get some time in. hmmmmmmmmmmm.... the power is strong with this one.[/color]

Eh... Played a few hours last night. The game IS pretty fun when everyone is playing correctly and helping each other out in a squad (especially if they're all your friends via XBL Party etc), I would say. Something isn't doing it for me, though. The game looks beautiful, it ran pretty smoothly online. Few troubles, as would be expected, connecting to games on day/ night of release. I'm just not sure how this is going to last when MW3 comes out. The vehicles are really fun to get into, the camo personalization is cool, as well... I'm going to keep playing a few more days. I liked the new "assassination" type of kills, too. I guess I don't feel as I am getting rewarded as much for kills, or not as much appreciation is gained. I'm going to play a bit more once I get off of work.

Back
Top Bottom