Beats Rhymes and Life: The Travels of A Tribe Called Quest (film)

I watched it the other night. Q-Tip's controlling ways caused the rift between him and Phife. It's a chronological breakdown of the group's ups and downs. It did leave some important questions unanswered though. But, any Tribe fan will enjoy it.

I watched it the other night. Q-Tip's controlling ways caused the rift between him and Phife. It's a chronological breakdown of the group's ups and downs. It did leave some important questions unanswered though. But, any Tribe fan will enjoy it.

This gave me a lot of insight on the group that I never had before. Very good documentary. When I was watching this, I couldnt help but think "where is the brotherhood in today's rap? Where are the A Tribe Called Quests, Wu-Tang, and OutKasts of today?" Everything is so superficial and not genuine today. We dont see groups like that any more.

With that said, there was a lot of ginuine words and feelings said and you can see how a mixture of greed and jealousy tore the group apart. Very good insight. Good film.

This gave me a lot of insight on the group that I never had before. Very good documentary. When I was watching this, I couldnt help but think "where is the brotherhood in today's rap? Where are the A Tribe Called Quests, Wu-Tang, and OutKasts of today?" Everything is so superficial and not genuine today. We dont see groups like that any more.

With that said, there was a lot of ginuine words and feelings said and you can see how a mixture of greed and jealousy tore the group apart. Very good insight. Good film.

Oh what.. copped x ticket + dvd + merchandise + shoes. Jk.

After Hours will always be one of my favorite tracks from Tribe, even though Q-Tip is the only emcee on it. It describes almost everything I love about hip-hop.

Oh what.. copped x ticket + dvd + merchandise + shoes. Jk.

After Hours will always be one of my favorite tracks from Tribe, even though Q-Tip is the only emcee on it. It describes almost everything I love about hip-hop.

Originally Posted by Weekz

heard about it in this months GQ. should be good. aparently q tip and phife dawg had a falling out either immediately before or during the filiming of the documentary according to GQ. according to phife, Qtip started the beef.
Phife called into VH1's Big Morning Buzz a few days ago and said they're cool now, and also said something about there possibly being a new album in the next 20 years.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Weekz

heard about it in this months GQ. should be good. aparently q tip and phife dawg had a falling out either immediately before or during the filiming of the documentary according to GQ. according to phife, Qtip started the beef.
Phife called into VH1's Big Morning Buzz a few days ago and said they're cool now, and also said something about there possibly being a new album in the next 20 years.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom