BEN BALLER gets his own Web Series! FIRST EP IS OUT!

Nike "used" him from what I remember. They didn't want to break him off what he felt was owed to him. The dude does stretch the truth but lets be real...Ben singlehandedly put the world onto SBs and taught you how to resell. 

He financed most his ventures of SUPAS! 
yea sunglehandedly bought up 70% of supas...NT been on SBs with or without ben..but dude showed alot of us youngsters at the time a new avenue to cake up...i never hate on ben though regardless if dude stretches truths, you have to respect his hustle.

Never really was a fan of him, but this video shows him in a different way to me.... Props Ben :pimp:

Last edited:
yea sunglehandedly bought up 70% of supas...NT been on SBs with or without ben..but dude showed alot of us youngsters at the time a new avenue to cake up...i never hate on ben though regardless if dude stretches truths, you have to respect his hustle.
Ben made SBs what they were. the sneaker community had that stretch were everyone was wearing and copping every CW of dunk released but SBs were still a new avenue

most of NT and the rest of the world didn't start paying attention till pink boxes...hell I'll give you gray boxes but orange box SBs were brought to light by Ben. Him knowing to cop damn near all the stock before it blew started reselling for the majority of the sneaker community. This was a time when people actually wore their supreme dunks, wheat sbs, supas, etc. and he came out and had dudes shelling out 700 for a pair of supas.

I agree he does stretch the truth BUT you have to RESPECT his hustle. 

And do you OG heads remember him and Saam *sp* from RIF got into a fight in the middle of the street? 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
 the only reason i can think of why phillipinos are not considered asian to some is because they're mixed with spanish, and they dont have that really light skin, would they even be considered pacific islanders? i have lots of phillipino friends and alot of them have latino last names and also alot of their words sound like spanish.

Last edited:
 the only reason i can think of why phillipinos are not considered asian to some is because they're mixed with spanish, and they dont have that really light skin, would they even be considered pacific islanders? i have lots of phillipino friends and alot of them have latino last names and also alot of their words sound like spanish.

I think it has more to do with how most Asians perceive Filipinos to be inferior and not one of them, no offense to my Filipinos out there. So the Filipinos would rather distance themselves and be called something else.

from my experience in socal most filipinos here claim themselves as asians a few call themselves islanders because they wanna be different i guess :lol:

geographically speaking the philippines arent even in the same region as the real pacific islands

800px-Pacific_Culture_Areas.jpg

Last edited:
from my experience in socal most filipinos here claim themselves as asians a few call themselves islanders because they wanna be different i guess
laugh.gif

geographically speaking the philippines arent even in the same region as the real pacific islands
800px-Pacific_Culture_Areas.jpg
A few are mixed with P.I. and filipino

Ben made SBs what they were. the sneaker community had that stretch were everyone was wearing and copping every CW of dunk released but SBs were still a new avenue

most of NT and the rest of the world didn't start paying attention till pink boxes...hell I'll give you gray boxes but orange box SBs were brought to light by Ben. Him knowing to cop damn near all the stock before it blew started reselling for the majority of the sneaker community. This was a time when people actually wore their supreme dunks, wheat sbs, supas, etc. and he came out and had dudes shelling out 700 for a pair of supas.

And do you OG heads remember him and Saam *sp* from RIF got into a fight in the middle of the street? 
laugh.gif
Not to sound racist but the stock piling in the shoe game was a Asian thing period.  All the best shoe spots with heat in LA were owned by Asians.  This one cat broke out the joints Woody Harrelson rocked in White Man Can't Jump fresh in the box.  Asians knew something we didn't realize.  Which was these shoes will always be in-demand due to the endorsers accomplishments, but they won't always be in production

Not to sound racist but the stock piling in the shoe game was a Asian thing period.  All the best shoe spots with heat in LA were owned by Asians.  This one cat broke out the joints Woody Harrelson rocked in White Man Can't Jump fresh in the box.  Asians knew something we didn't realize.  Which was these shoes will always be in-demand due to the endorsers accomplishments, but they won't always be in production

So what exactly is your argument? The shoes most people here give Ben credit for Nike Dunk SBs were flipped immediately after their release for 3x the retail price. It wasn't really about nostalgia or endorsers. I hate to admit it, but the the guy who was smart enough to figure out the niche you're referring to was really Steve who started the OTHER site.

And do you OG heads remember him and Saam *sp* from RIF got into a fight in the middle of the street? :lol:
So this answers the often asked NT question why the "sneaker game" is all ****** up. It's Ben Baller's fault.

How do you get in the jewlery game?? i see that jewlery can be cut by cnc machines and stuff... so im wondering how do they get started with degrees??? or handme down shops from family  in the game

So what exactly is your argument? The shoes most people here give Ben credit for Nike Dunk SBs were flipped immediately after their release for 3x the retail price. It wasn't really about nostalgia or endorsers. I hate to admit it, but the the guy who was smart enough to figure out the niche you're referring to was really Steve who started the OTHER site.
I've never heard of any of these guys to be real.  I've probably seen Ben in person and never realized it, because I used to hit Slauson all the time.  Even did a little business with some spots there, but in LA this was a trend since jump.  In 02 03 Bisons where going for $300-$500 easy on ebay.  My cousin and his homie where stock piling 3's, 4's, 5's, laser forces/dunks, etc, and pushing them on ebay for 2x and 3x since1999 2000 that's how I found out about the game.  So yea they where going for crazy amounts from jump back then, because of dudes like him buying out entire inventories.  Certain sb's where sold out and on ebay that day some going for 4x 5x times retail within a day or two with time still left on the auction, and this was 02 03.  The sh*t was mind boggling to me still is, but it is nothing like it was at the start.  I saw sb's go for $800-$900. 

This dude put in work but Niketalk made helped make him who he is today. I'm sure people in the buisness knew who he was but NT put the rest of the country on to him. Nobody would of known about his kick game or his custom jewels if NT was not around.

It's like seeing a guy you went to high school with do good. Happy for him.

I been on NT since like 03 and I ignored threads about him most of the time cuz it was always the same **** so I never knew dudes back story. He seems like a cool dude though, a lil corny but he seems cool.

How old is dude? He was telling stories from 96.

Last edited:
ben baller sounds just like shia lebouf.

sidenote, them dudes are annoying as ****. I'm trying to hear these ravaging tales and these clowns keep jumping in and ****, like this is something you hear everyday.

How do you get in the jewlery game?? i see that jewlery can be cut by cnc machines and stuff... so im wondering how do they get started with degrees??? or handme down shops from family  in the game

a lot of jewellers get into the game through family business or "apprentice" type of relationships.

Back
Top Bottom