Best 1-2 punch in the league? vol. Right now

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I swear I hate the "prisoner in the moment" logic. I had to fight tooth and nail with someone because they said "Right now Mike Vick is the best QB in the NFL" I said no, he is not. He is not better than Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Drew, or Rivers. Why? Because he had 7 games under his belt in the last 3 years, how can his 7 games make him that much greater than dudes that have killed over the last 3 years? He is the hottest, but that doesn't mean he is the best. People don't understand that saying "Right now" doesn't mean everything before today is forgotten.
Yep, agreed 100%.

I swear I hate the "prisoner in the moment" logic. I had to fight tooth and nail with someone because they said "Right now Mike Vick is the best QB in the NFL" I said no, he is not. He is not better than Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Drew, or Rivers. Why? Because he had 7 games under his belt in the last 3 years, how can his 7 games make him that much greater than dudes that have killed over the last 3 years? He is the hottest, but that doesn't mean he is the best. People don't understand that saying "Right now" doesn't mean everything before today is forgotten.

You are very stupid Mr. Why would you buy Cd's.

You are very stupid Mr. Why would you buy Cd's.

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

Russell Westbrook is arguably one of the top mvp candidates in the league so far, and Durant is gonna be Durant. How could they not be considered either the best or top 2 or 3.. 1-2 punches in the league.

I'm a laker fan and I watch every single Laker game so don't act like these guys are playing out of their minds.
Just because someone is CURRENTLY hotter than someone else does not mean they are better. It takes TIME for someone to move up the ranks over someone else that has been doing it better for a longer period of time.

KD and Westbrook are not the best because they aren't the champs. TO be the man, you got to beat the man. Kobe and Pow are the MAN right now. KD and Westbrook are moving up the ranks but I don't care how well they are playing in the regular season, hell they can finish 1 and 2 in MVP votes come May and that won't change a damn thing. Kobe and Pow have two rings together and have proven to be an unstoppable force when it matters.

And nobody said Kobe and Pow ARE playing out of their minds. Why even make that statement as if it is disputing something we mentioned?

Russell Westbrook is arguably one of the top mvp candidates in the league so far, and Durant is gonna be Durant. How could they not be considered either the best or top 2 or 3.. 1-2 punches in the league.

I'm a laker fan and I watch every single Laker game so don't act like these guys are playing out of their minds.
Just because someone is CURRENTLY hotter than someone else does not mean they are better. It takes TIME for someone to move up the ranks over someone else that has been doing it better for a longer period of time.

KD and Westbrook are not the best because they aren't the champs. TO be the man, you got to beat the man. Kobe and Pow are the MAN right now. KD and Westbrook are moving up the ranks but I don't care how well they are playing in the regular season, hell they can finish 1 and 2 in MVP votes come May and that won't change a damn thing. Kobe and Pow have two rings together and have proven to be an unstoppable force when it matters.

And nobody said Kobe and Pow ARE playing out of their minds. Why even make that statement as if it is disputing something we mentioned?

Read the title of the thread and OP's post.

It's about who's CURRENTLY the best 1-2 punch in the league, and CURRENTLY it's a very debatable subject.

It's about who's CURRENTLY the best 1-2 punch in the league, and CURRENTLY it's a very debatable subject.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Shaq and Kobe
I miss those boys together man. What a great thing that didn't reach its FULL potential.
frown.gif

Again, CURRENTLY they are the HOTTEST. But they are not CURRENTLY THE BEST. There is a BIG difference. I don't view the two as the same. I know you are thinking that we are just arguing words, but I don't think we are. Playing the best does not make you the best. Last time I will say that. The list does not fluctuate/reset based on who is currently playing the best.

Kobe and Pow are the best and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Again, CURRENTLY they are the HOTTEST. But they are not CURRENTLY THE BEST. There is a BIG difference. I don't view the two as the same. I know you are thinking that we are just arguing words, but I don't think we are. Playing the best does not make you the best. Last time I will say that. The list does not fluctuate/reset based on who is currently playing the best.

Kobe and Pow are the best and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

yes. someone who can easily penetrate and dish it out to a deadly shooter like ray.

again yes.

you'd take rondo and ray over kobe and gasol?

yes right now december 15, 2010. the last couple games pau hasnt played well.

if you're saying Right Now (Dec. 15), why are you using the last couple of games that Gasol has played as evidence?

Right now right now, Kobe and Gasol tonight vs. Pacers > Rondo and Allen vs. Knicks

and if you are using the past, then i'd say Kobe and Pau have led the Lakers to two championships, while the Celtics have only gotten one, so it is obvious that Kobe and Gasol are the current best 1-2 punch since they have been able to win multiple championships.

edit- basically what DCAllAmerican and Abovelegit1 are saying

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

yes. someone who can easily penetrate and dish it out to a deadly shooter like ray.

again yes.

you'd take rondo and ray over kobe and gasol?

yes right now december 15, 2010. the last couple games pau hasnt played well.

if you're saying Right Now (Dec. 15), why are you using the last couple of games that Gasol has played as evidence?

Right now right now, Kobe and Gasol tonight vs. Pacers > Rondo and Allen vs. Knicks

and if you are using the past, then i'd say Kobe and Pau have led the Lakers to two championships, while the Celtics have only gotten one, so it is obvious that Kobe and Gasol are the current best 1-2 punch since they have been able to win multiple championships.

edit- basically what DCAllAmerican and Abovelegit1 are saying

Kobe & Gasol.

Durant & Westbrook are impressive as well as Felton & Amare.
laugh.gif
at 1 & 2 being their jerseys numbers. Perfect fit for this thread.

Kobe & Gasol.

Durant & Westbrook are impressive as well as Felton & Amare.
laugh.gif
at 1 & 2 being their jerseys numbers. Perfect fit for this thread.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by viiheaven

tumblr_lc6zg2YSIV1qzsjqlo1_500.jpg

Literally 1 & 2.
Raymond+Felton+New+Jersey+Nets+v+New+York+jIuwXpx82vOl.jpg
107133987_display_image.jpg
4c835adaefdda861c4d9176d5903b87407eb627.jpg

NYK #1 & #2 BEWARE
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

realtalk ima go with KD/Westbrook right now though. love for my knicks and those 2 have honestly been top 5 this season, with Ray playin out of his mind and Amare arguably playing the best in the NBA right now. But Westbrook/Durant is as good as it gets for a dynamic, superstar, young tandem, Brook has been an MVP contender thus far and hes still so young, and you know KD hasnt hit his stride yet, im sure we have not forgotten how good he truly is. I give them a slight nod as a 1/2 over Kobe/Gasol for RIGHT NOW, although the Lakers got a much better team around the 2.

#@*# the heat. and i dont count teams like the Spurs or the Celtics as a 1-2 punch because their offenses dont revolve around just 2 players in particular even though they may have 2 guys (Rondo/Pierce or any other combo) or (Duncan/Ginobli) who are personally more elite than alot of other team's 1-2 punches. For me a 1-2 punch has to run the show on offense, #+*+ has to be revolved through them and than the rest of the team, and they have to work well together in addition to being talented. IMO in order to have a 1-2 punch instead of just 2 great players of 3-4, there has to be 2 guys who either the offense is ran through them working together (like a pick and roll PG/forward tandem even if the PG doesnt drop big time scoring #s) or the other option would be 2 players who just completely dominate the % of the teams scoring, could even be 2 wing players, but it is a scoring 1-2 punch as in if this team scores it is most likely it will come from 1 of the 2 main guys.

right now i cant think of anyone doing it better than Durant/Westbrook than id go with Kobe/Gasol shortly behind and that right now. both those tandems contain 2 players who work well together and has the offense ran for and also dominate all of the scoring (especially in OKC).
after those 2 i dont know anyone doing it better than our dudes in NY as far as a 1-2 tandem.
pimp.gif

We have been winning ball games, Amare has been the most proficient scorer in the NBA lately, and Felton has been putting up all-star production at the point. most importantly, they finally got their #+*+ together and run the pick and roll excellently and even the pick and pop now with Amares J. That was the reason to our bad start, but the difference is so noticeable now that they got it together because they literally run the whole offense. everyything else happens around those 2

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by viiheaven

tumblr_lc6zg2YSIV1qzsjqlo1_500.jpg

Literally 1 & 2.
Raymond+Felton+New+Jersey+Nets+v+New+York+jIuwXpx82vOl.jpg
107133987_display_image.jpg
4c835adaefdda861c4d9176d5903b87407eb627.jpg

NYK #1 & #2 BEWARE
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

realtalk ima go with KD/Westbrook right now though. love for my knicks and those 2 have honestly been top 5 this season, with Ray playin out of his mind and Amare arguably playing the best in the NBA right now. But Westbrook/Durant is as good as it gets for a dynamic, superstar, young tandem, Brook has been an MVP contender thus far and hes still so young, and you know KD hasnt hit his stride yet, im sure we have not forgotten how good he truly is. I give them a slight nod as a 1/2 over Kobe/Gasol for RIGHT NOW, although the Lakers got a much better team around the 2.

#@*# the heat. and i dont count teams like the Spurs or the Celtics as a 1-2 punch because their offenses dont revolve around just 2 players in particular even though they may have 2 guys (Rondo/Pierce or any other combo) or (Duncan/Ginobli) who are personally more elite than alot of other team's 1-2 punches. For me a 1-2 punch has to run the show on offense, #+*+ has to be revolved through them and than the rest of the team, and they have to work well together in addition to being talented. IMO in order to have a 1-2 punch instead of just 2 great players of 3-4, there has to be 2 guys who either the offense is ran through them working together (like a pick and roll PG/forward tandem even if the PG doesnt drop big time scoring #s) or the other option would be 2 players who just completely dominate the % of the teams scoring, could even be 2 wing players, but it is a scoring 1-2 punch as in if this team scores it is most likely it will come from 1 of the 2 main guys.

right now i cant think of anyone doing it better than Durant/Westbrook than id go with Kobe/Gasol shortly behind and that right now. both those tandems contain 2 players who work well together and has the offense ran for and also dominate all of the scoring (especially in OKC).
after those 2 i dont know anyone doing it better than our dudes in NY as far as a 1-2 tandem.
pimp.gif

We have been winning ball games, Amare has been the most proficient scorer in the NBA lately, and Felton has been putting up all-star production at the point. most importantly, they finally got their #+*+ together and run the pick and roll excellently and even the pick and pop now with Amares J. That was the reason to our bad start, but the difference is so noticeable now that they got it together because they literally run the whole offense. everyything else happens around those 2

Back
Top Bottom