Best Basketball shoes for cushioning and ankle support

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Ankle Braces are your friends if you want the best support. I wear mines with the LeBron 8's and Kobe 3's right now.

Any advice on good ankle braces? I've heard good things about the adidas speed wraps but at $50 each kind of too expensive.

Originally Posted by al3x89

the kobe 6 have good ankle support.

low to the ground + outrigger > high top.

You're a cool dude from Toronto and all but.....

Stop being a fanboy and lying to that man!
laugh.gif
The KobeVI have no ankle support it has the ankle support of some lunarglide or non-Air Max running shoes. I'm not hating on the Kobe VI but those shoes are for people who dont really worry about their ankles like that. The OP probably wants to feel the feedback of something on his ankles not the totally free feeling low top Kobes give you.

Originally Posted by al3x89

the kobe 6 have good ankle support.

low to the ground + outrigger > high top.

You're a cool dude from Toronto and all but.....

Stop being a fanboy and lying to that man!
laugh.gif
The KobeVI have no ankle support it has the ankle support of some lunarglide or non-Air Max running shoes. I'm not hating on the Kobe VI but those shoes are for people who dont really worry about their ankles like that. The OP probably wants to feel the feedback of something on his ankles not the totally free feeling low top Kobes give you.

Originally Posted by Airnest

Ankle Braces are your friends if you want the best support. I wear mines with the LeBron 8's and Kobe 3's right now.

Any advice on good ankle braces? I've heard good things about the adidas speed wraps but at $50 each kind of too expensive.
I use the McDavid ultralight braces and they work perfect.

Originally Posted by Code6

Zoom BB1 is you can find them. Best of both in the areas your looking for.

Yeah, I've been looking out for them. I heard a lot good reviews about it. Might have to check ebay.

Anyone got any experience playing in the Jordan XVIII and XXI? I heard those are also great in those departments.

I love the XVIII for ball. Pros-Double stack zoom air, great traction (imo), ankle support is not the best but gets the job done.
                                     Cons-Unless you have a wide foot, the toe box is kinda wide for my taste causing some slight movement
                                               on quick lateral cuts, and they're not vented all that well, so your feet will be hot and sweaty if you
                                               wear em for extended periods of time.

I personally haven't had a chance to try out the XXIs myself, but I have friends that use em on the regular. The only con I've heard
from them was the ventilation or lack thereof.
If you want to keep with Jordans for ball and like zoom air, try the XIX or XX2. I love both pairs for ball. But alot of Nikes are
performance beasts. Like the zoom bb, huarache 2k4 or 2k5, zoom kobe 5 or 6 (if you like lows), zoom lebron 2, zoom 20.5.5.
zoom soldier, zoom drive (somewhat low top), zoom jet, zoom kd 2 or 3, hyperfuse, etc. As you can see I prefer zoom air over
max air.

Yeah, I've been looking out for them. I heard a lot good reviews about it. Might have to check ebay.

Anyone got any experience playing in the Jordan XVIII and XXI? I heard those are also great in those departments.

I love the XVIII for ball. Pros-Double stack zoom air, great traction (imo), ankle support is not the best but gets the job done.
                                     Cons-Unless you have a wide foot, the toe box is kinda wide for my taste causing some slight movement
                                               on quick lateral cuts, and they're not vented all that well, so your feet will be hot and sweaty if you

I personally haven't had a chance to try out the XXIs myself, but I have friends that use em on the regular. The only con I've heard
If you want to keep with Jordans for ball and like zoom air, try the XIX or XX2. I love both pairs for ball. But alot of Nikes are
performance beasts. Like the zoom bb, huarache 2k4 or 2k5, zoom kobe 5 or 6 (if you like lows), zoom lebron 2, zoom 20.5.5.
zoom soldier, zoom drive (somewhat low top), zoom jet, zoom kd 2 or 3, hyperfuse, etc. As you can see I prefer zoom air over
max air.

Originally Posted by 23NoKaOi

max air.
Thanks for the reply, man. reason I asked about the XVIII is I heard that their cushioning is tops, I got a pair of XXI's coming and Ill see how it is, heard it's got good ankle support and pretty good cushioning as well.
 I'll pass on the lows, I don't really feel confident in them. I do prefer full length zoom though like you, that's what I like about the Zoom Turbines and the LBJ IVs. Those two are definitely my favorites.
 Based on the other replies, i'd like to try the zoom bb's, jet flights and huarache 2k4.

Originally Posted by 23NoKaOi

max air.
Thanks for the reply, man. reason I asked about the XVIII is I heard that their cushioning is tops, I got a pair of XXI's coming and Ill see how it is, heard it's got good ankle support and pretty good cushioning as well.
 I'll pass on the lows, I don't really feel confident in them. I do prefer full length zoom though like you, that's what I like about the Zoom Turbines and the LBJ IVs. Those two are definitely my favorites.
 Based on the other replies, i'd like to try the zoom bb's, jet flights and huarache 2k4.

Thanks, I'm gonna buy me a pair.

Thanks, I'm gonna buy me a pair.

Back
Top Bottom