Best concert you have been to?

Its a tie between Pastor Troy and Lil John in Quincy, Fl called Club V12.

"We Ready" came on, PT just held the mic and let the crowd do it. :smokin

Lil Jon...:smh: .......it was everything you think it was.

Concerts at hole in the wall clubs >>>>> Arenas.

Last edited:
Never been to many concerts, was too young to go to see a lot of my favorite artists at their peak (RR, Cash Money, etc). That Juicy J concert though I went to in 2011 was glorious, and I'd go once a month if I could.

Tool.

Red Rocks.

The Weeknd Kissland tour was fire too.

The roots circa 96, in a super tiny garage-sized venue was pretty memorable as well. (illadelph halflife, baby)

Raekwon, Ghost, Cappadonna during the Only Built For Cuban Linx times..

Too many.

Last edited:
@JVII that's one of my guilty pleasures. How is dance live? [emoji]128064[/emoji]

came in here to say glow in the dark tour like everyone else

kanye, nerd, lupe and rihanna :smokin

saw 50 back in high school too. bought one of those bullet proof vest shirts, thought i was doing it :rofl:

I've been to a lot of shows, most of which were incredible. But the best show I've been to was easily YEEZUS. VIP, front row. Unreal experience. 10/10 would do again. Not to mention Kendrick and Wale opened for him.

Honorable mentions:

-Flying Lotus X Thundercat "You're Dead!" Tour. Thundercat's bass playing live is really mind blowing. The visuals were crazy too. I met FlyLo at this one. I was getting a drink real quick and he had the audacity to walk in through the lobby main entrance right before Thundercat's set. nobody recognized him smh.

-Erykah Badu. She was late as hell but so worth it. Highly eccentric performer. Great instrumentation behind her. She passed me the mic and asked me to sing. Then she told me I was terrible [emoji]128525[/emoji]. Great vibe.

I gotta mention though, Chance the Rapper is an amazing performer. He gets hella hype. Dude attempted a stage dive and it didn't happen. We all fell to the floor lmao.

I must see MF DOOM live before I die though. Idc where it's at; I'm there. Long as I'm confident it's not a hologram or doppelgänger.

Nas in Austin Texas at Emo's in 2009. Was stuffy and packed tight in a small venue which always makes for an amazing performance.

Last edited:
Snoop Dogg & The Game (GMU Patriot Center; Game got caught on the way to the show and never showed 
laugh.gif
)

Chrisette Michele with Laura Izabor opening for her - (DC at the 930 club)

Jill Scott's Block Party hosted by Doug E. Fresh with Anthony Hamilton & Mint Condition and DJ Jazzy Jeff on the tables (DC at VZW Center)

Kem with Musiq Soulchild (Richmond at the Landmark)

Jay-Z with Trey Songz and Young Jeezy and brought out Wale (DC at VZW Center); Crowd went crazy for Wale being in DC and all 
nthat.gif

Would have to say that the Jay-Z concert was by far the best one I have been to. Granted, the others were mainly for wifey but they were still good. It is truly crazy and amazing to see a packed arena doing whatever Jay-Z is telling them to do at the drop of a hat. Everyone vibing and saying the lyrics with him 
nthat.gif
. Even my wife said that is her favorite concert she has been to. Said rap shows have way more energy than the R&B ones that she has been to....but they are supposed to, haha. 

As for the other ones it would be a toss up. Kem gave a hell of a performance at his show. Jill Scott and Anthony Hamilton were amazing to see and hear in person as well. Chrisette Michelle and Izabor were good to and when Chrisette started scattin' during one of her sets 
nthat.gif

2004 the day College drop out released Yay had a show at the HOB Chicago John Legend on the keys, he was just a dude on the keys. Special guest Common, Ghost, Twista, and some other Chicago legends.  Small venue = awesome show!

2nd was Roots opening up and then playing with Lupe Fiasco Food and Liquor days!

One of the only human beings that hates live music by an artist (love dj's and clubs). But De La soul at yoshis, Jay-z, Jeezy and Trey Songz concert, Kanye West at Revel, I was taken to Coldplay
laugh.gif
 F coldplay...Oh Rock the Bells in SF when it was still like a festival style. It was like the first or 2nd one. Drake at the warfield. I misread the post the best was Young jeezy at the Jay concert. I miss Young Jeezy. 

Last edited:
Different genre from most in here, but figured I'd share anyways.  Seen a lot of good concerts over the years and am lucky to have seen some at the right time.  Smashing Pumpkins, Deftones, Phoenix, Two Door Cinema Club, Weezer, were some of my favorites.

I've seen my favorite band nine inch nails about 8 times at various stages of their career, the best two shows were the Fragility tour back in 2000 and the Lights in the Sky tour in 2008.  But all of their shows have been good.

Saw Tool back in 1997 on the Aenima tour with like 1000 people, was interesting compared to their really big shows now.

Only two bands that I really like that I never got around to seeing live are Rage Against the Machine and The Cure.  But other than that, I've seen just about everyone that I've wanted to see.

LA Rising ( Rage Against the Machine, Muse, Rise Against and Lauryn Hill)

The Weeknd ( at The Fonda, and The Observatory...both small intimate venues) 

Seeing DJ AM live at LAX 

Travis Scott - show was lit 

Morrissey - ( gonna see him again on NYE ) 

Last edited:
Saw Tool back in 1997 on the Aenima tour with like 1000 people, was interesting compared to their really big shows now.

Dope.

Not sure if you saw my post, my my craziest show was probably Tool at Red Rocks about 5 years ago. Couldn't imagine a small venue Tool show.

I saw Biggie at the Bad Boy tour in like 94-ish.

wasn't even old enough to drive, ma dukes dropped me and homie off at McNichols Sports Arena (RIP) in Denver and we proceeded to do it like the older G's. :pimp:

Biggle, Craig Mack, Naughty, Adina Howard, DAMN I'm getting old........

-Erykah Badu. She was late as hell but so worth it. Highly eccentric performer. Great instrumentation behind her. She passed me the mic and asked me to sing. Then she told me I was terrible [emoji]128525[/emoji]. Great vibe.

Either she's always late to shows, or everyone has been to the same show. :rofl:

Dope.

Not sure if you saw my post, my my craziest show was probably Tool at Red Rocks about 5 years ago. Couldn't imagine a small venue Tool show.
Yeah I saw that.  I've never been to Red Rocks but I've heard from people how amazing it is.  Last time I saw Tool was in 2010, your regular ol' arena show so maybe that was on the same tour that they played Red Rocks.  What's funny is, that same small venue where I saw Tool back in the day, I also saw Foo Fighters there when they had just released their first album.  Like I said I've been lucky to catch some shows at the right time 
laugh.gif

Yeah I saw that.  I've never been to Red Rocks but I've heard from people how amazing it is.  Last time I saw Tool was in 2010, your regular ol' arena show so maybe that was on the same tour that they played Red Rocks.  What's funny is, that same small venue where I saw Tool back in the day, I also saw Foo Fighters there when they had just released their first album.  Like I said I've been lucky to catch some shows at the right time :lol:

yeah I bet it was the same tour.

dope stuff man.

Honorable mention:

Mobb Deep right after Murda Muzik dropped + RUN DMC in 1999  Worcester, MA
nthat.gif

Havoc and P came out in orange prison scrubs
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom