***Best music of 2009??***

Originally Posted by highlife32

best cd of 2009 hands down............

b7a35862e50e30b7b816e34163217a1b684c016.jpg

even though yall little kids dont know nothin about real, grimy, gangsta rap, this sh****n all over anything released this year

im sure all yall kanye and lupe fans gonna respond talkin about "thats garbage", but dont judge it until u listen to it all the way through, this is real, street, gangsta rap, not like that industry forced autotone bulls***

not that i would think the kids on nt can appreciate some real s***, im just tryin to open yalls minds.........
laugh.gif

I gotta check this.

thanks for all the suggestions, keep em comin
pimp.gif

My favorite album of the year. Actually, it's in my top 5 R&B album of all time.

I love this album.

J._Holiday_Round_2.jpg

Originally Posted by Smedroc

even though yall little kids dont know nothin about real, grimy, gangsta rap, this sh****n all over anything released this year

im sure all yall kanye and lupe fans gonna respond talkin about "thats garbage", but dont judge it until u listen to it all the way through, this is real, street, gangsta rap, not like that industry forced autotone bulls***

not that i would think the kids on nt can appreciate some real s***, im just tryin to open yalls minds.........
laugh.gif

I gotta check this.

pimp.gif

Ima look into this.
Gangsta Rap cant be like it was in the old days.
Now there less hustling less shooting and less killing so there really nothing hard to rap about.

eek.gif
oh **%# son real **%# son that cover makes that cd look like its boutsome real stuff yo. where can i cop son? this looks like somethin a real @#@!$ like myself would want to put on when im out doin some real **%# or when i mightwanna do a drive by or some **%# yo. You sound like a real n' son word life b

Originally Posted by Pmighty

eek.gif
oh **%# son real **%# son that cover makes that cd look like its bout some real stuff yo. where can i cop son? this looks like somethin a real @#@!$ like myself would want to put on when im out doin some real **%# or when i might wanna do a drive by or some **%# yo. You sound like a real n' son word life b

u are not funny at all. and while youre trying to clown, u shouldve checked the features on this album before u start bumpin your gums, your boyfriend gucci ison here, along with paul wall, yukmouth, messy marv, keak da sneak, guce........

edit: and since when does a cover determine the quality of the album??

Originally Posted by bigcityballa

Originally Posted by Smedroc

laugh.gif

I gotta check this.

pimp.gif

Ima look into this.
Gangsta Rap cant be like it was in the old days.
Now there less hustling less shooting and less killing so there really nothing hard to rap about.
I hope u do look into it, but for the record, there is just as much if not more shooting and killing going on in cali as there was 15 years ago. southeast dago, east l.a., most of south central, east oakland are still warzones.....

Originally Posted by schudj25

wolfgang-amadeus-phoenix.jpg
merriweather.jpg
m-ward-hold-time.jpg
6a00d8341c974f53ef01127904cf2f28a4-800wi
noble-beast.jpg
bon-iver-blood-bank.jpg
wilco_album.jpg
bitte-orca.jpg
mos-def-the-ecstatic.jpg
veckatimest.jpg

These are some of the best, so far.... I have a feeling Justin Vernon's side project is going to be good (Volcano Choir), but it could be my Wisconsin bias.

Goods songs of 09 so far that are not on any of these albums
Thome Yorke- All For The Best
Dan Deacon-Build Voice
Dan Auerbach-Whispered Words
Passion Pit-Swimming in the Flood( The beat is straight
pimp.gif
)
Spoon-Got Nuffin
Volcano Choir-Island, Is
everything you said is on my best of the year list, although i think the whole Passion Pit album should be included with the albumsmentioned...swimming in the flood is somethin else though for sure

all genres you say?
nerd.gif

destroyer 666 - defiance
suffocation - blood oath
nightrage - wearing a martyr's crown
napalm death - time waits for no slave
absu - s/t
eluveitie - evocation part 1: the arcane dominion

My most played song of 2009 has been MSTRKFT ft. John Legend - Heartbreaker. That piano
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Too bad the rest of that album (Fist of God) is awful.

I have been severely slacking on new music, I need to check out that Passion Pit...

Back
Top Bottom