Best shoe for running on sand

So ive started my running regime this past month and i live right next to the beach, I was wondering if anyone had and knowledge on a good running shoe for thesand. I like running on the beach for the extra resistance training but i usually have to bring out my sb beaters. Is there any shoe you guys would recommend?thanks!

Sandals lol, I would probably say the nike rejuven8s, lightweight and comfortable
grin.gif

I've heard that it's best to run barefoot on sand. I remember reading that running on sand was the inspiration behind the nike free line.

I've heard that it's best to run barefoot on sand. I remember reading that running on sand was the inspiration behind the nike free line.

what he said.

Originally Posted by gko2408

I heard that as well.

Originally Posted by pull a Fredo

Vibram Fivefingers! Just like running barefoot, but with a little bit of protection.

This where I bought my pair:

http://www.kayakshed.com/Vibram_Five_Fingers.cfm

Boy is right.. I've been running in Vibrams for the last few months and you couldn't pay me to wear regular running shoes. But on sand you don'tneed shoes, at all. Shoes protect you from rough ground. That's all they need to do. When you run on sand, you don't need protection or anything. Justrun with your bare feet. Trust me, it's not even close. (Other cats might tell you you need cushioning... well, they haven't run barefoot or with theVibrams)

Back
Top Bottom