Best Super Hero movie ever?

The Matrix > The Dark Knight, but The Matrix is NOT a super hero movie i'm sorry. The superhero genre of films is based on existing properties. Are the Indiana Jones movies superhero movies? Star Wars?

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

avy check
You found the stash?
nerd.gif

I have a big list of my favorites but TDK is easily the best, the whole movie is just epic.

From there I have:

2. Watchmen
3. X-Men 2
4. Spider Man 2
5. Iron Man

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

TDK>>>>>>> the Matrix....c'mon bruh thats not even a comparison

Well....not as a whole but the Matrix 1 is defenitely better then The Dark Knight.

X-Men was garbage, you talk about storyline, x-men went in no way of any comic storyline. 
i would rather watch x-men evolution > any x-men movie

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

TDK>>>>>>> the Matrix....c'mon bruh thats not even a comparison
Word?

The Matrix changed the way action movies look.

The story was groundbreaking as well. TDK was a dude in a rubber suit grunting like he was in the middle of %!+$!%%@ the whole movie.

If it wasn't for Heath Ledger, that movie would've been terrible. Besides that, the movie was way too long.

And to those saying that Neo wasn't a superhero, what would you call him then?

This is pointless. I'm done.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by nickthesneakerkid

Originally Posted by ErickM713

Watchmen
i completely agree! thought that movie was fantastic. very underrated.
it's not that it's underrated, it's just not the type of comic-book movie for the masses for however many reasons
Not sure if you've read the comic, but the pace and tone of the movie ruined it for me. They just glossed over certain things that may not have been critical to the main plot, but to me made the story great. I don't think it's underrated, the director did his due to try to make the movie as close to the book as possible, but I think he would have been better off with a little more adaptation. Then again, he'd piss off the hardcore fans. You can't please everyone.

The Watchmen was a great graphic novel, but was not meant to be a film. Some of the aspects that made the novel so great was the depth in story given by the excerpts at the end of each issue as well as the tie in with the Tales of the Black Freighter. Imagine not having those things in the original graphic novel.. it just wouldn't have been the same.

I felt that Snyder did the best he could do, riding that fine line between being true to the novel and trying to make the film a commercial success.

Yall dudes will hype anything Batman Begins was Trash...way too slow placed and boring

TDK and Spiderman 2 are neck and neck IMO

In terms of capturing the essense of the comic book and transfering it to screen, then I can say that without a question of a doubt that Christopher Reeve did this with the first and second Superman movies
From the storyline, to the costume design, to the supporting cast and enemies, they just got it right and served as the perfect model of how to do it. These days, studios (FOX this means you) try to appeal to all the audiences and in the course of doing so, alienate themselves from what the true goal of putting the comic book to life should be.

The Dark Knight/Batman Begins, Watchmen (visually), Sin City and V for Vendetta are all great comic adaptations, but as illmaticsouldchild said, graphic novels are in a category of their own. For example, TDK is essentially a crime drama, with a masked avenger filling the protagonist's role.

If we're counting personal favorites, Batman (1989) and Batman Returns FTW. Tim Burton got Gotham City right
baf152e995a923e6bfe9892fb5dae575ea6f467.gif

Back
Top Bottom