Black/Cactus Penny Foams

Nike really loused this one up.
sick.gif
My wife just looked at those and went"eww."
laugh.gif

i know i'm not alone on this, but i was really looking forward to these because of the sample pics.
now i highly doubt i will buy any of these recent foams.
maybe if these aren't as bad when i see them in person and i can get them below retail, but i doubt it.
if nike had kept the breds and these true to those first sample pics, i probably would have bought both.
so if anyone at nike is reading this, you lost at least $400 of my money and i'm sure that there is a large number of other consumers out there that feelthe same way.
i understand that the shoe collector niche in the market is not necessarily what you cater to on every release, but these shoes would almost undeniably lookmore appealing the other way and thus could even have been produced in greater numbers because they would have sold well to both the general population and tocollectors.
and anyways if there was ever a release that would be ideal to cater somewhat to collectors this was it.
it was a very classic shoe with a new twist that you had us excited for,
but then you went and took away part of what made the shoe classic and our excitement was taken along with it.
is it that making them with clear soles somehow costs more to produce?
i mean with a retail price of $200 per pair i would think that costs would still have been covered with plenty of room for profit and i feel like you would beselling to a much broader consumer base which would increase revenues and in turn increase your profits as well.

i guess what is bothering me most, is that i just don't get the motivation for the change.
ohwell.gif

if anyone out there has any insight as to why nike would make this change, PLEASE enlighten me.

WOW Nike! Thanks for messing up TWO potential classic colorways on my favorite shoe ever. Just when I thought you guys were turning around. Maybe you guysjust like disappointing your core consumers, the ones you claim you care so much about. It's funny how a detail so small can mess up a shoe. Now the searchfor the samples begins sadly...
smh.gif

^ They are already out. Go to niketown.com and get sign up for the Members Only section. They're in there under The Collection.

wow...im surprised at no pics yet....
wink.gif
**not my pics** and personally, these have GROWN on me knowing that it is more of a lime green than a darker'cactus' green
" alt="image">
" alt="image">
" alt="image">

My mans copped so I finally got to see them in person.. I like em but stilll not enough to drop 200

Just saw them in legends(sz13 was all they had left) and I can't pull the trigger anymore. Normally I cop off the strength, but these really let me down.Now I'm on the hunt for some fresh neon uptempos. I'm giving in on the black/reds, even with red pros i'm still a sucker, consider them bought.

I am admittedly disappointed, like many others, in the changes nike made in the final products to the cactus and the blk/red's....with that being said, Istill am not fond of the final product of the red's, but those cactus joints, especially after the picture jordan23 just posted...those are
eek.gif
...i may be in the minority, but im really liking them.

Can you use the F&F discount on these. If so thes come out to $126 pretax. How do you order them anyways. Through customer service or in store? Do they usea UPC, SKU, or Style number for these? Help us out NT

Need the info for the...

Black/Black
Black/Red
Black/Cactus

thanks.

^^^dude you need to get your calculator fixed. they're 140 before tax. and they'll probably excluded (well maybe the blk/cactus since they're brandnew) from F&F. and if you want to order them go to the store and do a send/sale. you can try calling customer service on the phone as well. they takeeither/or on sku or style numbers, but i believe they prefer sku's.

style and color code digits:

blk/blk 314996 001
blk/red 314996 002
blk/cactus 314996 003

you're either too excited to do research or realy lazy...none the less...you're welcome

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

I am admittedly disappointed, like many others, in the changes nike made in the final products to the cactus and the blk/red's....with that being said, I still am not fond of the final product of the red's, but those cactus joints, especially after the picture jordan23 just posted...those are
eek.gif
...i may be in the minority, but im really liking them.

Same here, i wasnt too fond of these when i first saw pics...but then i saw them in those pics i posted...
eek.gif
eek.gif
and now hopefully my spot has a couple pairs left, and i can see them in person...then i will make my decision on them

Originally Posted by shaqrules

^^^dude you need to get your calculator fixed. they're 140 before tax. and they'll probably excluded (well maybe the blk/cactus since they're brand new) from F&F. and if you want to order them go to the store and do a send/sale. you can try calling customer service on the phone as well. they take either/or on sku or style numbers, but i believe they prefer sku's.

blk/blk 314996 001
blk/red 314996 002
blk/cactus 314996 003

you're either too excited to do research or realy lazy...none the less...you're welcome
Just cuz I asked for a little help on something doesn't make me lazy. I've read every reply in both foam threads and never seen the info Ineed.

$200 minus 30% is $140
-If purchase is over $100 pretax then an extra 10% will be taken off the price-
$140 minus 10% is $126

My calculator works fine. Thanks for the style number info though. I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by abernja

^^^dude you need to get your calculator fixed. they're 140 before tax. and they'll probably excluded (well maybe the blk/cactus since they're brand new) from F&F. and if you want to order them go to the store and do a send/sale. you can try calling customer service on the phone as well. they take either/or on sku or style numbers, but i believe they prefer sku's.

blk/blk 314996 001
blk/red 314996 002
blk/cactus 314996 003

Just cuz I asked for a little help on something doesn't make me lazy. I've read every reply in both foam threads and never seen the info I need.

$200 minus 30% is $140
-If purchase is over $100 pretax then an extra 10% will be taken off the price-
$140 minus 10% is $126

My calculator works fine. Thanks for the style number info though. I appreciate it.
funny_owned_boy.jpg

owned am i?...how ironic. i'm not goin to rebut nor am i goin to keep this spark burning. but like i originally stated abenja, you were either reallyexcited or really lazy. i understand you were looking for a little help, that's what these boards are for, but searching on nt will not give you all theanswers you need. heck i even gave you some info you may need. but if anyone really wanted something, then they would put in work to get it. that's all iwas saying. oh and i failed to remember the extra 10% off after the 100 spent; but now that it's brought back my attention the thought of anyone telling meto get my facts straight before i "flame" someone (though it was never my intention) would be ignorant. and so with that, good luck abenja withgetting your pairs. i on the other hand will have to wait until a store comes up with my size.

owned am i?...how ironic. i'm not goin to rebut nor am i goin to keep this spark burning. but like i originally stated abenja, you were either really excited or really lazy. i understand you were looking for a little help, that's what these boards are for, but searching on nt will not give you all the answers you need. heck i even gave you some info you may need. but if anyone really wanted something, then they would put in work to get it. that's all i was saying. oh and i failed to remember the extra 10% off after the 100 spent; but now that it's brought back my attention the thought of anyone telling me to get my facts straight before i "flame" someone (though it was never my attention) would be ignorant. and so with that, good luck abenja with getting your pairs. i on the other hand will have to wait until a store comes up with my size.
That picture isn't necessary.

In no way was I trying to put this guy down. I'm going to assume that the last few people who posted are adults as am I, so lets act like adults.There's no need to clown on anybody. Can't we just help people out without getting angry with each other trying boost out efame?

BTW - ^What you said was a rebuttal. LOL - Thanks again for the info.

Back
Top Bottom