Black Folk, Where are we at when it comes to allowing others to use N word with the A

i can GUARANTEE this... any of you non-black folks can say it around some folks you been knowing for years, and i STRESS YEARS.

get around some black folks you dont know and start kicking that "if you can say it, why cant i?" nonsense...

you gonna get checked to the fullest. i can promise you that.

What? No I wouldn't. If you're sitting there talkin' with these cats and they can tell it's in your vernacular and you have no issues with letting it slide they aren't going to say @#%. If I'm sitting there all awkward like and hesitate when I say it or it seems like it isn't natural, then yeah, maybe someone would say something.

The only time it's acceptable to get mad over a word in today's world is if your a female being called a name, because that's a female trait to let a word get to you.

Originally Posted by Hermosa Beach

im white and use the word as part of my every day slang.

if the context isn't bad and you use the word yourself your a sensitive hypocriate if you get tight about it.

See black folks this is what happens when some white folks get a little too comfortable, SMH.

Originally Posted by chickencurry4eva

Originally Posted by NiceLikeChrist

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

I use it around everyone.

I'm from Florida, btw.
These dudes sound too surprised. All races use the word out here in NYC and nobody cares. Its just a word.

Personally, I dont use it but I don't care who does.
This.  Living in NYC/the boroughs I've never heard anyone second guess the use of the word regardless of the race of the individual using it.  We got bigger !!%% to worry about out here.

White folks wont do it depending on who they around.

I mean everyone already uses the word. I can't even tell you how many times I've been out in public (mall, campus, etc.) and hear a group of either white, asian, or middle eastern dudes throwing the n word around like they're black. That used to irritate me but now I don't really care. I live in a middle class suburb so I have a good amount of white and black friends. Me and my other black friends let our white friends say the word. Its not like they really say it anyway, but if they did use the word we wouldn't care. My whole thing is, people of other races can use the word as long as its not in a hateful way. And obviously you have to be someone I'm friends/cool with if you're using it with me personally. If a white dude that I don't know just randomly comes up to me on campus and goes "whatsup n****" then I'll take it as disrespect.

ilikeTurtles, the word is OK to use if you know the people using it...but if a random dude came up to you and said it, it's disrespect?

How does that make any sense?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

ilikeTurtles, the word is OK to use if you know the people using it...but if a random dude came up to you and said it, it's disrespect?

im guessing because it's hard to know the intentions of some random white dude, how do you know if he's not saying it with the intention to ridicule?
times haven't changed that much

I stopped saying it back in 07. I dont allow myself to be called that by any race, especially not the white boys that want to be black. That %!$ irks me like no other

i can GUARANTEE this... any of you non-black folks can say it around some folks you been knowing for years, and i STRESS YEARS.

get around some black folks you dont know and start kicking that "if you can say it, why cant i?" nonsense...

you gonna get checked to the fullest. i can promise you that.

it was inevitable that a NTer would start to challenge a man's masculinity b/c he speaks up on something he disapproves of.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

but famb... i've been around non blacks (whites in particular) who've said it... it just doesnt feel right... it gives me a funny feeling. i will never call a white guy the word. never ever will i do it.

and scratch all that "if it sounds natural" bull as well... 

homey said natural though...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

but check this situation out...

Spoiler [+]
you and i both walk up to the middle of a pack of black dudes we NEVER met... I say "waddup my n___... where the hoors at?"

please understand that they will indeed let me know where the hoors are at...

if YOU walk up to them (or any white guy if you're not white) and say "waddup my n____... where the hoors at?"

they're gonna either check you on saying it, threaten you with violence, or just rough you up.

dont care if its some thugs, regular black men, or them new age, 90 baby snap backers w/ the skinny jeans cats... it WILL BE DIFFERENT...

I DONT GIVE A DAMB HOW "DOWN" you think you are w/ black culture... it just dont work that way homeboy...

its hypocritical, it doesnt make sense, and its probably not right...

but the reasons why you feel you are entitled to say it, and have the urge to utter the word makes NO sense either.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Hermosa Beach

because i say what i feel like saying and if someone has a problem with it then they better not say it around me at all either otherwise i'll call them out.
Let's meet in real life.

Come on DoubleJ's, don't be naive here champ.  When a group of random young white boys doesn't in'tentially run over and kill a black dude like that incident that happened a few years ago down in Mississippi where the boys just got convicted this year then maybe, just maybe you can ask a question like that.  Until then please don't.  Black folks gotta stop giving white folks a pass for this kind of stuff, no matter how cool or close ya'll think you are to them.

http://news.yahoo.com/white-mississippi-teen-gets-life-sentence-black-mans-232536717.html

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Come on DoubleJ's, don't be naive here champ.    Until then please don't.  Black folks gotta stop giving white folks a pass for this kind of stuff, no matter how cool or close ya'll think you are to them.When a group of random young white boys doesn't in'tentially run over and kill a black dude like that incident that happened a few years ago down in Mississippi where the boys just got convicted this year then maybe, just maybe you can ask a question like that.

http://news.yahoo.com/white-mississippi-teen-gets-life-sentence-black-mans-232536717.html

thank you famb....
cats still having KKK rallys out here... shooting little boys in the chest w/ shotguns... 

you try not to make it a white-black thing, but it is... white men are at the top in this country bruh... look at CEOs, college football coaches, top flight managers...

the fact that telling them they cant say something challenges that white privilege bro... 

*waits for the white guys to tell me there's no such thing*

eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Come on DoubleJ's, don't be naive here champ.  When a group of random young white boys doesn't in'tentially run over and kill a black dude like that incident that happened a few years ago down in Mississippi where the boys just got convicted this year then maybe, just maybe you can ask a question like that.  Until then please don't.  Black folks gotta stop giving white folks a pass for this kind of stuff, no matter how cool or close ya'll think you are to them.

What does that case have to do with my question or are you implying that every non-black person who uses the word is somehow a racist? 

FTR, I'm not giving ANYONE a pass for this...because the word is ignorant and shouldn't be used to begin with.  My problem is the wishy-washy nature in which folks decide who can and can't use the word.  As if changing up the suffix makes the word any less ignorant.  I don't see it that way. 

What does that case have to do with my question or are you implying that every non-black person who uses the word is somehow a racist? 

To answer your question or questions, that case is indicative of the mindset and behavior of a certain type of white person that uses the word.  I guarantee you if that group of white teens called that black man anything before they killed him or as they were killed him they called him the "N" word ending in "er" and not "a".  For your second question, no I''m not implying that every non-black person who uses the word is somehow a racist, but if they aren't racist why do "they" want to say it to begin with.  The answer to that champ is white privilege, which I have spoken on several times in this thread. 
FTR, I'm not giving ANYONE a pass for this...because the word is ignorant and shouldn't be used to begin with

I hear ya, and just to let you know and to clear things up if need be, I wasn't saying YOU specifically DoubleJ's are or were giving white folks a pass for saying the word but I will say that certain black folks in this thread by way or their responses appear to be giving white folks a pass and that to me is not acceptable.  See when we start to give white folks a pass on this matter, this is what they start to say in response........
Hermosa Beach wrote:
im white and use the word as part of my every day slang.

No shame in this clowns game whatsoever, quite sad. 
As if changing up the suffix makes the word any less ignorant.  I don't see it that way. 

Let me ask you something, can you recall or has a white person ever called you the word??
the fact that telling them they cant say something challenges that white privilege bro... 

Exactly. 

Edit--

Nowitzness41, you threw alot of variables into the mix of this discussion here champ, and I for one will be glad to comment on everything you said if you want to carry on this conversation.  However, the fact that you even tried to draw a parallel or a connection of the KKK to the Black Panther Party says alot, and it says alot in a bad way on your end. 

It's a word son. There's no "privliedge" about it. It's a word.

Anyone can say it, anyone can use it, everyone gets a pass. The color of your skin doesn't determine what you can and cannot say, it's the content in which you use it.

It's a word son. There's no "privliedge" about it. It's a word.

Anyone can say it, anyone can use it, everyone gets a pass. The color of your skin doesn't determine what you can and cannot say, it's the content in which you use it.

Lies, lies, and more lies champ.  If a white person in the media or even a white person that works for a company says the word without it being in context of reference of a rap lyric, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, or something along those lines that white person most likely is fired or will suffer consequences. 

Lies, lies, and more lies champ.  If a white person in the media or even a white person that works for a company says the word without it being in context of reference of a rap lyric, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, or something along those lines that white person most likely is fired or will suffer consequences.  

That's corporate America. If a black person in the media, or a black person working within a company uses the word in a professional environment I can almost bet you they'd face similar consequences.

(When I say media, I assume you're talking about the news and other companies like that outside of entertainment. My bad if you meant a more broader term of media)

Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

Im not exactly sure what you're trying to say here Deuce- but between this and what Ricky409 just said- yall act like old white dudes are the only ones commiting hate crimes. Theres a ton of instances where black dudes kill white men and women, but that doesn't count because theyre just getting us back for the whole slavery thing that we had nothing to do with, right? (maybe our greatgreat great great grandparents). Theres gonna be racism on both sides, but its more prevalent from black people because parents have passed the hate on (atleast where im from). Pick and choose what you want to back up your argument. Ricky, say what you want about the KKK, theres still Black Panthers and such on your side- and i say EFF both of em. You can give examples, but numbers dont lie- and i believe the FACTS are that a higher percentage of black people are in prison for murder than that of any other race. But youre gonna cite a few hate crimes to build your case, how about big picture though
you really compared the kkk to the black panthers?  you do realize the black panthers was formed to protect black people from police brutality, right?
the kkk was formed to kill black people for any reason they deemed fit

as for murder statistics, you do realize that the large majority of murders occur intracially, right?

Let me ask you something, can you recall or has a white person ever called you the word??

Not that I know of. I've been called racial slurs, but never that.

That's good, and I'm glad to hear that, truly I am.  I'll say this much in regards to you as a black person or any black person like you out there that has your mindset regarding this issue.  Not saying you don't DoubleJ's, but if any black person has the knowledge of our history, the struggle and achievements that we have as a race, and knows about the Civil Rights Movement and everyhing prior to that, then I THINK you would feel a little differently and not so open or at ease for a white person to say this word directly to your face or in your presence.  Reason being is because you know how and from whence that word originally came from, and the impact it had or still can have.

I just wish the non blacks who defend themselves for wanting to say it would admit it has to do with them feeling a little cooler.

First off I dont say that word
but Kanye and jay have a song TITLED that. so wasn't she just playing off the song title? why would black people even want "ownership" of that word anyways?

That's corporate America. If a black person in the media, or a black person working within a company uses the word in a professional environment I can almost bet you they'd face similar consequences.

(When I say media, I assume you're talking about the news and other companies like that outside of entertainment. My bad if you meant a more broader term of media)

Meaning if a white person in the media addresses or calls a black person this word, be it with "a" or "er" at the end of the word it's tougher, harder, or more or less impossible for a white person to get away with saying it as opposed to a black person saying it to another black person.

Nowitzness41, you threw alot of variables into the mix of this discussion here champ, and I for one will be glad to comment on everything you said if you want to carry on this conversation.  However, the fact that you even tried to draw a parallel or a connection of the KKK to the Black Panther Party says alot, and it says alot in a bad way on your end. 
I only named them because they're both racially motivated groups on opposite sides- Im not involved with either of them, so I cant speak much on what either of them currently do (but we both know the history of the KKK, so my bad for the comparison) But i think you get the rest of what i was saying. It just seemed like a one-sided argument from a few people- that said though, Im against the use of the word,but people are free to do what they want, and can deal with the consequences of their actions

Okay, let's talk about this point for a minute if we can. Why and or how do you feel the Black Panther Party is racially motivated, or better yet what do you think their agenda is??  

who makes this rule about who can and can't use it? It is silly for us blacks to use the word to describe everything under the sun and then get mad at a white person for using. Some dudes even use it toward whites so I don't understand. This word has lost all meaning.

By the way who is complaining about her using it? Is it the media striking up drama or did some black group cry about it. If people are so concerned about this word, they should stop everyone from using point blank period.

Originally Posted by bleach

you really compared the kkk to the black panthers?  you do realize the black panthers was formed to protect black people from police brutality, right?
the kkk was formed to kill black people for any reason they deemed fit

Yes, and i already addressed that, Im not talking about the roots of either one, I was talking currently- and I even said it wasnt a fair comparison- i was talking racially motivated organizations

as for murder statistics, you do realize that the large majority of murders occur intracially, right?
I do, but why does it matter what race you're killing. Too many closet racists in this thread, yall stick out like a sore thumb
both racially motivated but in completely different ways.  one focused on uplifting, the other focused on oppressing.  anyway...
and it does matter who you're killing, when you imply that more black people in jail for murder = black people are committing more hate crimes than white people

Back
Top Bottom