Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

Fake or not that Instagram pic looks good to me. Funny how everyone swears up and down what's real and what's fake. No one really knows jack **** and calling them fake just cause clearly proves that. Obviously GMs are spot on these days and I wouldn't mind if the retail pair looks like that. I'll take two pair regardless. Favorite Jordan sneaker.

Just because you can't tell the difference doesn't mean no one can. And if you think GM's are spot on you are mistaken. If your happy with two pairs of fake looking black/infrareds then good for you, but I'm sure not.

Just because you can't tell the difference doesn't mean no one can. And if you think GM's are spot on you are mistaken. If your happy with two pairs of fake looking black/infrareds then good for you, but I'm sure not.
exactly and i don't think they are "spot on" . they are my favorite also and i own over a dozen pair. there are many tells. 

You guys can miss me with that. I had the 2000s and currently own the pack. I know, love and visually dissect these just like the next man. Y'all must have eagle eyes or something to just KNOW by looking at pics that they're WAY off. I believe if those from the Instagram pic were introduced as official on SN or TSG most wouldn't have a prob. And I never said GMs are perfect or should be considered real. But it's widely known that they are increasingly close to the real thing. Hence the term "super fakes". Just saying IMO those from that Instagram pic (not this last one recently posted) look close to what I'd expect to get come Nov. And I'm cool with that. Even looks like they used durabuck, 3m and correct infrared. Just don't get mad when the officials look exactly like those. Guess you guys won't be copping. Unless they blatantly butcher these, I know I'm copping. Like I said, regardless.

Fake or not that Instagram pic looks good to me. Funny how everyone swears up and down what's real and what's fake. No one really knows jack **** and calling them fake just cause clearly proves that. Obviously GMs are spot on these days and I wouldn't mind if the retail pair looks like that. I'll take two pair regardless. Favorite Jordan sneaker.

That's great for you, and you are more than welcome to still buy them when they release. As for me, if they look like that, I don't know if I'll be inclined to cop.

I'm really waiting for 2015 to roll around so that I can see JB retro all of the iconic Jordan colorways / silhouettes with that better material / OG style.

Some shoes that will most likely get hit w/ that treatment immediately will be- majority of 11s, Infrared 6s, a bunch of 1s, a bunch of 3s, and probably some 10s. Just a bunch of cash cows really.

Zephyr1983 Zephyr1983
Last week TSG published an interview with Jordan Brand’s Dave Schechter.
Here is Schechter's quote regarding price increase for "Remastered" releases:
"Yes, the increase will be anywhere from 10-15% more. When you get a shoe that looks better, feels better, it’s more comfortable because it’s made with higher quality materials – it will last longer, so you’re getting more value."

Thanks for this info B

Obviously just another cash-grab from JB. But if the results are for real, ei. NA on back, OG molds, proper materials, 3M, I'll be on board for one or two more classics done right.

Plus if they make these releases frequent enough, the beasts might be too burnt out to keep up

-cautiously optimistic

oh ps. Thanks @trentbg and @ROBPZEE612 for the dope Megadeth and PJ pics

Last edited:
That does not look like durabuck. Looks like the same material from the 2012 bred IVs. Still holding out judgement til official pics come though.

That's great for you, and you are more than welcome to still buy them when they release. As for me, if they look like that, I don't know if I'll be inclined to cop.

I'm really waiting for 2015 to roll around so that I can see JB retro all of the iconic Jordan colorways / silhouettes with that better material / OG style.

Some shoes that will most likely get hit w/ that treatment immediately will be- majority of 11s, Infrared 6s, a bunch of 1s, a bunch of 3s, and probably some 10s. Just a bunch of cash cows really.

What are you expecting them to look like? Unless they come with the leather-ish heel material like on the OGs, I don't know how much more "OG style" or "premium" you can make black infrared 6s. Especially if your wanting them made with durabuck. Nothing "premium" about durabuck. Trust I know. And Durabuck is a very inexpensive material that is easy to produce and even easier for GM market to replicate. Damn right there will be several GMs floating around. Also you guys think the suede on the pack version is so ashy when Durabuck gets ashy as hell when worn too. That may sound like blasphemy to some of you in here but it's true. Yes precious Durabuck. I know from owning the 2000s. Thats why sometimes I just read some of yall logic and smh. It's like some of you just started collecting Js. Now if JB decides to start "remastering" shoes with "better" materials (which your right, is a tactic to get more money from consumers) then we will ultimately end up with shoes with materials better than the actual original materials used on the originals themselves. I.e banned 1s. For all their glory and as extremely good quality as they are they're not original at all in regards to the materials used. I for one can care less about nike air branding when it come to the 6s in particular. I would probably buy but it's not something that's needed. And saying the shape is "off" by looking at 1 pic is rediculous. And you guys are not clear on what exactly is "off" about the overall shape of the shoe in this pic.

View media item 1021605

Now, I'm not saying I would buy this pair or any early pairs from whatever site/sites that sell these as these are probably GM which is ultimately fake (although that's been debated time and time over). It's way too risky and I couldn't live with myself if I wore fakes or GM. That said if retail pair looks like these, I'm cool with that. I'll pay my connect, grab my 2 pairs and ride off into the sunset happy. And so would most of you claiming otherwise. So far they're looking good and pretty OG based on this pic.

Last edited:
Saw this pic the other night, Dave Mustaine wearing the OG. :smokin
to-md_39-32.jpg

i've seen that picture of Megadeth with J's on. Dope!

Last edited:
What are you expecting them to look like? Unless they come with the leather-ish heel material like on the OGs, I don't know how much more "OG style" or "premium" you can make black infrared 6s.

And saying the shape is "off" by looking at 1 pic is rediculous. And you guys are not clear on what exactly is "off" about the overall shape of the shoe in this pic.

Now who sounds like they just started collecting J's? :rolleyes
It doesn't take a veteran to quickly spot whats wrong with this pair. The heel tab is at the wrong angle, the toe-box is bulky and boot-like, and the banana-boat shape is in effect. Not to mention the suspect durabuck/nubuck/suede being used.

Theres tons of room for improvement. Not just for "remastered" J's, but even just for these regular retros

Last edited:
Has there been any actually photos of these yet? I have one but I haven't posted it yet because idk if there was one already. Its not the rep pair either.

It doesn't take a veteran to quickly spot whats wrong with this pair. The heel tab is at the wrong angle, the toe-box is bulky and boot-like, and the banana-boat shape is in effect. Not to mention the suspect durabuck/nubuck/suede being used.

Theres tons of room for improvement. Not just for "remastered" J's, but even just for these regular retros

I'll give you the heel tab maybe...even though thats kinda inconclusive because it could very well just be the camera angle in which the pic was taken. And the positioning of the heel tab probably varies from shoe to shoe during production. But you give me the old "boot like toe box" and "banana shape" bid. Really? :rolleyes your kinda reaching but Ok. I suppose. That kinda seems to be the go to critique on NT when talking 6s but whatever. I don't see that but it's ok if you say so.

And your right about there's always room for improvement, most definitely but it all comes down to what your expectations are.

Last edited:

I'll give you the heel tab maybe...even though thats kinda inconclusive because it could very well just be the camera angle in which the pic was taken. And the positioning of the heel tab probably varies from shoe to shoe during production. But you give me the old "boot like toe box" and "banana shape" bid. Really? :rolleyes your kinda reaching but Ok. I suppose. That kinda seems to be to go to critique on NT when talking 6s but whatever. I don't see that but it's ok if you say so.

And your right about there's always room for improvement, most definitely but it all comes down to what your expectations are.

Boot toe is a well documented JB idiocy, and by no means a "reach". However, as you said, some people just don't seem to notice/care, which is their prerogative

Last edited:
Boot toe is a well documented JB idiocy, and by no means a "reach". However, as you said, some people just don't seem to notice/care, which is their prerogative

Not that I don't care cause I do. As an artist I have a keen eye on shapes in general. Boot like would be early pics of Olympic 6s from 2012. Those did have a noticeable boot like toe box. 09 SJs were notorious for the "banana shape" which they did have. I'm sorry but I just don't see any of that going on in this pic. I can agree to disagree with you there. All good. I just hope I can get my pairs. I'm sure they'll be just fine by the time they release.

Yes indeed. We just had this discussion yesterday. Resellers gonna have a field day with the Premium J's smh.
Jordans gonna be reselling for at least a 100 over retail for a general release imagine a pair a venom 10s selling for 350....lol   
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom