Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

Heads up to those who did the raffle in Horton plaza in San Diego FTL.
Raffles are done and they're makin calls within an hour.

My pair just got dropped off about half an hour ago...Wasted no time in throwing these things on...

Here's some quick detail shots I took...

View media item 1271838View media item 1271839View media item 1271840View media item 1271841View media item 1271842View media item 1271843View media item 1271844View media item 1271845View media item 1271846View media item 1271847View media item 1271848
Material is not like the Playoff VIII's from last year...Playoff VIII's used durabuck and this is absolutely nubuck...For comparison it's exactly like the base layer used on the "Suns" VIII's for those of you who purchased those...

For fit I went TTS...I have a wider foot and for me the fit is perfect...I would suggest for those of you who like a tighter fit or have a more narrow foot to size down...Everybody else should be good with their normal size...

Also the "Infrared" is hard to capture in pictures...In natural outdoor light it almost looks like it has an orange tint to it...

Veg has it figured out... Repped
I noticed this too, w/ the white/infs.
The OG infrared (I had black/infs in Jr.High) can best be described as the color you find on a red-winged blackbird.
Infrared23, at first blush, is a little softer than that OG shade.
But when sunlight hits it, as Veg stated, it shows you its true color.
Which is borderline spot-on with the OG.
Wear your shoes outside, kids, and you'll see it transform.
And dead the indoor photos. Use natural light, no flash.
:nerd:

So looks like I'm shutout at FinishLine, but I still have raffle possibilities @ Champs & Eblens here in Western Mass., my local Mom & Pop, and two Champs & 1 Eblens in Albany when I go home for Thanksgiving.

FYI for you Upstate NY peeps, the Champs' at Crossgates & Colonie Center are ONLY handing out raffle tix MONDAY 4-8pm. Dude I talked to at the Crossgates store just now said to expect to wait in line, he expects well over 100 people to enter the raffle. I've never copped anything on RD there since I'm only back in the District at the holidays, so I have no idea what kind of stock they get and how bonkers those places can be. I also don't know how shady they are, but I'm guessing most pairs they get make it out to GenPop. Let me know if u know any different.

3M is how the originals were

I don't even rememberl that. Different times. I was 16 back in '91 and never took pictures back in the no cell phone days. Completely slipped my mind. I feel like 3M is more pronounced these days?

But I still don't like it.

Last edited:
The OG infrared (I had black/infs in Jr.High) can best be described as the color you find on a red-winged blackbird.

This...

I've tried my hardest to get a decent shot inside while I was at home and just couldn't make it work...When I get back I'll try to take a couple outside shots to show the difference in color...

Hey all, I just created my account today to share this info but I been lurking on here for a while. I just received my pair from the weekenddrop. Everything checks out (I also compared them to all my 6s from this year) and I am very satisfied with this shoe. The only flaw I noticed were the production dates on mine. As _fabessole_ posted on his instagram, early/fake pairs had a production date of 5/14/14 - 6/10/14 which mine were as well. Does anybody know if this is true? I'll post photos when I can. Here's a screenshot of the post:

nerd.gif
i was curious so I HAD to look it up. I'm out of reps and this statement deserves every one of them.  

red-winged blackbird:

I don't have a pair yet, but the production dates of GR's are normally at least two months. Limited kicks are normally only a month.

@aroundthefur I wouldn't worry if I were you, im sure that dude just made those observations comparing his 1 real pair and 1 fake. Pairs will have different production dates...

I don't have a pair yet, but the production dates of GR's are normally at least two months. Limited kicks are normally only a month.

Normally true, however most of my "black friday" Jordan's have production dates of about a month or even less

In checking through these things out closer there's a couple other details I noticed...

The midsole uses two different types of paint...The Infrared portions along with the most of the black mid-foot portions have a grainy texture...The heel portion and the small mid-foot portion I arrowed out in the picture are smooth...
View media item 1271904
On the upper the majority of the shoe is definitely nubuck (Heel, toe, "3" overlay on the upper)...But the base in the midfoot has more of a durabuck feel...Could be the way that portion was treated but it definitely has a different texture than the rest of the shoe...I arrowed in this picture the underlay portions I'm talking about...I'm not 100% ready to say it's durabuck but there is a difference...
View media item 1271905
Finally the production dates on my pair are 06/11/14 - 07/30/14...

Not a bird watcher (unless she's fine), but back in the day whenever i would see that bird, i'd always think of the AJVI

@aroundthefur I wouldn't worry if I were you, im sure that dude just made those observations comparing his 1 real pair and 1 fake. Pairs will have different production dates...
Normally true, however most of my "black friday" Jordan's have production dates of about a month or even less
Yeah my bred 4 pair that released on black friday 2 years ago that I bought from FNL has a production date that started sometime in May and ended in June.

Back
Top Bottom