Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

I used to wish for this but when I really sit down and think about it, does it really matter? Sure there may be 25 colorways per model now, but your traditional team colors, All-Star mockup, and Playoff pairs are still part of that line up. It's as simple as getting what you want and ignoring the rest.

As Mart said, unless you have that Pokemon mentality, you'll gravitate to certain colors and the rest may as well not exist anyway. It's never fundamentally a bad idea to give people more options.
To me it does matter, the way I see it is like this:

Instead of producing those other unnecessary color ways, why not produce more pairs of the color ways that matter? I understand what you're saying though cause I do that with Jordan's, I'll buy an OG color way and pretend like those other color ways don't exist. I won't lie some non-OG color ways do look tough but that is a rare few.

can somebody enlighten me on how these blue tint soles look over time?

When aged cleanly, it seems like the blue just fades. But in the real world where __s actually wear their shoes, the blue will fade as the yellowing begins :lol:

To me it does matter, the way I see it is like this:

Instead of producing those other unnecessary color ways, why not produce more pairs of the color ways that matter? I understand what you're saying though cause I do that with Jordan's, I'll buy an OG color way and pretend like those other color ways don't exist. I won't lie some non-OG color ways do look tough but that is a rare few.

The amount of colorways and the quantity made for each don't really correlate though as far as I can tell. Like, Nike cutting it back down to 7-8 colorways doesn't mean each one would be more available. Nike just knows that these new dudes won't be all over certain pairs if they're too available in general, and acts accordingly like a smart business would. I agree on there occasionally being new colorways that catch my eye in the flood of garbage though; Knicks I's, Suns VIII's, and the Black/Infrared23 IIILabV's are strong pairs.

I agree about the CW, so what if there are a billion cw of the shoe, cop what you want. I just think it diminishes the significance that particular shoe line when you compare it to other lines is all. 

When aged cleanly, it seems like the blue just fades. But in the real world where __s actually wear their shoes, the blue will fade as the yellowing begins
laugh.gif

The amount of colorways and the quantity made for each don't really correlate though as far as I can tell. Like, Nike cutting it back down to 7-8 colorways doesn't mean each one would be more available. Nike just knows that these new dudes won't be all over certain pairs if they're too available in general, and acts accordingly like a smart business would. I agree on there occasionally being new colorways that catch my eye in the flood of garbage though; Knicks I's, Suns VIII's, and the Black/Infrared23 IIILabV's are strong pairs.
Oh no I definitely understand why there are multiple color ways nowadays, I'm just saying they should put that energy and time into producing more pairs of, let's use the LeBron line for example (not trying to derail just using as an example), the Kings Pride, Aways, (Do they even have a home version?), ASG, and of course the playoff shoe. Instead we get random color ways like the Terracotta Warriors, Atomic Orange, Blackouts, Jades, Dunkman, etc. Just doesn't make sense to me, even the SB theme makes sense seeing that he's playing in SB, thats a cool little theme.

I agree about the CW, so what if there are a billion cw of the shoe, cop what you want. I just think it diminishes the significance that particular shoe line when you compare it to other lines is all. 
I do exactly that and yes IMO it definitely diminishes the significance of the shoe line.

Last edited:
^ It turns clear.

I've worn my Olympics more than once, lol, and they are just clear.

A few yellowing ares, but not much.

Yea you gotta wear them religiously for them to be like really yellowing already lol ie most high school kids but I don't think we have much of those on NT?

All my "icy" soles from 09' down are clear

Last edited:
I remember the white and maroon pair my friend had. But didn't really start seeing j's till the 7's. Didn't matter cause I couldn't get them. I rocked fila's and the ai's lol. My parents were not spending over 100 on sneakers.

[thread="540677"]trips me out how ppl remember release dates and seasons. it was 20 something years ago. i have a pretty sharp mind and know where i was at and what i was doing in high school 20+ yrs ago  but days shoes released was not one of them.[/thread]

Dude, I can't remember what I did on Monday, but I can recall random stuff like when, and where, I got a shoe in 1989.
Associative memory, I suppose.
Other than that I basically have Alzheimer's.
:nerd:

Something weird I just realized while wearing my white infrareds ...

3M or some sort of reflective material on the upper? Strange.
Whoa! I didn't purchase the white/infra's this year (dumbfounded doubled up on the white/varsity reds back in '10)...

But if that's real... the things that are aboot to come presents the sign. Ace of Bass.

(even with that silvery mesh in the 2014... it's still better than what we had in 2010...)

I still wear my Black/Varsity reds with a pair still on ice like it was a sports injury. 

But i'ma have to retire these pairs cuz they're more beat than grandma's birthday cakes.

Buttawgwah!!!

^^^

Its not 3M. Its not even reflective as far as I can tell. It is a silvery semi-shiny material behind the ankle-bump

Supposedly the upcoming 2014 retro....but GAWD these look promising I'll be coppin for sure. AND 3M! (Possibly) Very true to the OGs IMHO.[emoji]128516[/emoji]

View media item 896964

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom