Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

LOVE 3M

Labs were a cool shoe. I just didn't want to pay 225+ CA Tax for a shoe that would crease bad by just looking at it.

so in your opinion most people prefer pink, and shiny shoes? I'll be over here in the very very small minority.
My opinion is that I think a majority of folks were happy with the 3M and I can't honestly think of many if any people complaining about it compared to the color hue of the infrared however I've seen loads of complaints.

So like I said sure you can be mad about 3M however don't expect that complaint to be agreed with by tons of people like the color hue was.  

My opinion is that I think a majority of folks were happy with the 3M and I can't honestly think of many if any people complaining about it compared to the color hue of the infrared however I've seen loads of complaints.

So like I said sure you can be mad about 3M however don't expect that complaint to be agreed with by tons of people like the color hue was.  
I don't think anyone is mad. Not sure where you got that from. Also, you can't think of anyone complaining about it? That's sort of how we got to this point in the conversation man. I was just kidding about preferring pink and shiny shoes btw. Just couldn't help myself.

Lol @ ppl comparing "infrared". Remember guys...... The actual color for these are "Infrared 23". A way of Jordan brand to kinda give us what we want while spoon feeding us. If they can reproduce a sneaker that was 20 years old you think they can't reproduce the exact color in 2014? All in all I doubled up on these because they're my grails however I think I'm going to get one pair painted a more vibrant and less pinkish red. Kinda like the red on the 2000 retro.

My pops told me a long time ago if there's something you don't like.. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Complaining does nothing

The 3M MAKES THEM STUNNING btw

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is mad. Not sure where you got that from. Also, you can't think of anyone complaining about it? That's sort of how we got to this point in the conversation man. I was just kidding about preferring pink and shiny shoes btw. Just couldn't help myself.
Well I didn't literally say mad I meant like people were griping.

My whole point was compared to how many folks complained about the color hue, the 3M on the shoes hasn't been something I've seen many talk about in a negative light.  I browse the thread mostly so there could very well be more people that took issue to the 3M.  

not if you know what your doing 11's are always easy

Come on bro, seriously? The XI, in an OG colorway and releasing near Christmas? Far from an easy cop UNLESS you have a conneK who looks after you, no matter what. I get the whole "all white sneaker" debate, but let's be Real here.

Lol @ ppl comparing "infrared". Remember guys...... The actual color for these are "Infrared 23". A way of Jordan brand to kinda give us what we want while spoon feeding us. If they can reproduce a sneaker that was 20 years old you think they can't reproduce the exact color in 2014? All in all I doubled up on these because they're my grails however I think I'm going to get one pair painted a more vibrant and less pinkish red. Kinda like the red on the 2000 retro.

My pops told me a long time ago if there's something you don't like.. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Complaining does nothing

The 3M MAKES THEM STUNNING btw
AHHHH that's what it is....thank you!  The official color sure is "Infrared 23" and I'll accept that as the reason that the color is different.  I'm still returning my pair.

Come on bro, seriously? The XI, in an OG colorway and releasing near Christmas? Far from an easy cop UNLESS you have a conneK who looks after you, no matter what. I get the whole "all white sneaker" debate, but let's be Real here.

11s are easy and never limited. I do think that people are delusional if they think hype will be down because the shoes are all white and dropping in the winter.

Depends on what you classify as "easy". Here in Tampa, Fl, i'd say it's fairly easy and standard. Wake up early, go to the mall, and be prepared for a little bit of running, because it's generally frowned upon to park on mall property, in the parking garages and such, before a certain time. So the chances are high that you'll have to park your car a few minutes away. From there, wait till around 5 or 6 am to start lining up. This is where the running comes into play, as there are usually officials outside, where people are supposed to line up, that will let everyone know when it's time to line up. Line up beforehand, and they'll just send everyone back. Once they say it's time though, run up and get whatever spot you can. After that its just a matter of waiting to get to the front of the line for your guaranteed ticket/shoes. You either get your pair or you don't, first come first serve.

All in all, I call that easy as long as you're in shape and paying attention.

Last edited:
Depends on what you classify as "easy". Here in Tampa, Fl, i'd say it's fairly easy and standard. Wake up early, go to the mall, and be prepared for a little bit of running, because it's generally frowned upon to park on mall property, in the parking garages and such, before a certain time. So the chances are high that you'll have to park your car a few minutes away. From there, wait till around 5 or 6 am to start lining up. This is where the running comes into play, as there are usually officials outside, where people are supposed to line up, that will let everyone know when it's time to line up. Line up beforehand, and they'll just send everyone back. Once they say it's time though, run up and get whatever spot you can. After that its just a matter of waiting to get to the front of the line for your guaranteed ticket/shoes. You either get your pair or you don't, first come first serve.

Yo i'm in tampa too, which mall you go to?

Mine shipped! 11 months of not getting anything limited (I know these were a major General release but the demand was so high) on NDC is over. Hope I can cop the pennys this weekend .

Yo i'm in tampa too, which mall you go to?

Situation I just described was University Mall last year. They offer guaranteed tickets a week in advance of the actual release, and there were in fact more tickets than there were people at the end of the day, allowing many to get back in line for a second pair. I also won the FNL Draft last year, and attained my own pair from Citrus Park Mall. (Two pairs I got from University were for a friend, and his daughter respectively.) There'll be more hype this year, so that equates to more people, but assuming it's the same system as it was last year and the year before for the Breds, i'll again be going to University Mall a week ahead of time for the guaranteed ticket and pick it up on release day; i'll then also go to Citrus Park, for either a raffle or a fcfs release, as there's no draft this year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom