BLACK MAN SHOT WHILE JOGGING IN GEORGIA

Malice and felony murder convictions both carry a minimum penalty of life in prison. The judge decides whether that comes with or without the possibility of parole. Even if the possibility of parole is granted, a person convicted of murder must serve 30 years before becoming eligible. Multiple murder convictions are merged for the purposes of sentencing.
Murder can also be punishable by death in Georgia if the killing meets certain criteria and the prosecutor chooses to seek the death penalty. Prosecutors in this case did not.
Each count of aggravated assault carries a prison term of at least one year but not more than 20 years. False imprisonment is punishable by a sentence of one to 10 years in prison.

IMG_0156.jpg

had to look up what the sentencing for "felony murder" is. this is from USA today

The sentence for felony murder and malice murder is the same, and the minimum penalty is life in prison. It is up to the judge to decide whether that comes with or without the possibility of parole. Even if the possibility of parole is granted, a person convicted of murder must serve 30 years before becoming eligible.

idk if this verdict is justice but LET THEM THREE MOTHER****ERS ROT IN PISS

Has your uninformed opinion changed darthska darthska ?
We never actually got to my opinion on this actual incident. I never supported their murder of Arbery, not ever. You spun it a certa..

... actually, nope.

My heart hurt when I first saw this video, which highlighted layers of problems that exist in the country. You and I never discussed that. That they're still alive while Ahmaud is still dead is gross.

-foe

We never actually got to my opinion on this actual incident. I never supported their murder of Arbery, not ever. You spun it a certa..

... actually, nope.

My heart hurt when I first saw this video, which highlighted layers of problems that exist in the country. You and I never discussed that. That they're still alive while Ahmaud is still dead is gross.

-foe
What statement have you made is he commenting on? Curious to see

What statement have you made is he commenting on? Curious to see
It wasn't a single statement. It was a lengthy discussion, here and PM, a year and a half ago.

To satisfy your curiosity, I'll tell you that I did say some things to him that I shouldn't have, in this thread somewhere and via pm. I apologized, and I am still sorry I got carried away. They were disrespectful comments and a terrible approach, but not anything about this case. Yes, Methodical Management Methodical Management knows the entirety.

My opinion on this case has never changed. It has always been that this entire incident is reflective of a huge problem in the country. At least these racists are convicted murderers, but Arbery is still dead and there's a lot of work to do before black people can feel comfortable going out for a jog.

If we can keep the thread about the justice served today and the underlying problems that exist in a country that killed Arbery, I think you would agree that would be best.

-foe

I’m glad (and relieved) the jury got this right and found them guilty. I’ve seen other footage of Arbery being harassed by the police for just sitting in his car alone rapping. It’s just sad how that guy was treated.

... actually, nope.

-foe

Absolutely no spinning, twisting or alterations of any kind took place other than you taking liberties as a mod to delete posts that called you out and put you in your place.

I am grateful that we didn’t have to suffer through hearing your opinion on the matter

😊

Malice and felony murder convictions both carry a minimum penalty of life in prison. The judge decides whether that comes with or without the possibility of parole. Even if the possibility of parole is granted, a person convicted of murder must serve 30 years before becoming eligible. Multiple murder convictions are merged for the purposes of sentencing.
Murder can also be punishable by death in Georgia if the killing meets certain criteria and the prosecutor chooses to seek the death penalty. Prosecutors in this case did not.
Each count of aggravated assault carries a prison term of at least one year but not more than 20 years. False imprisonment is punishable by a sentence of one to 10 years in prison.

IMG_0156.jpg
Excellent. They'll never see the sunlight out of those gates again. Love it.

IMG_0156.jpg

Are the sentences concurrent or “served” after one is done? Say he got 4 life sentences and parole is 30 years for one, does he then serve his next life sentence if he got paroled.

Might seem dumb but ive read and heard different things in terms of sentencing in general and the term concurrent always confuses me along with the whole sentencing thing sometimes.

It wasn't a single statement. It was a lengthy discussion, here and PM, a year and a half ago.

To satisfy your curiosity, I'll tell you that I did say some things to him that I shouldn't have, in this thread somewhere and via pm. I apologized, and I am still sorry I got carried away. They were disrespectful comments and a terrible approach, but not anything about this case. Yes, Methodical Management Methodical Management knows the entirety.

My opinion on this case has never changed. It has always been that this entire incident is reflective of a huge problem in the country. At least these racists are convicted murderers, but Arbery is still dead and there's a lot of work to do before black people can feel comfortable going out for a jog.

If we can keep the thread about the justice served today and the underlying problems that exist in a country that killed Arbery, I think you would agree that would be best.

-foe
Absolutely no spinning, twisting or alterations of any kind took place other than you taking liberties as a mod to delete posts that called you out and put you in your place.

I am grateful that we didn’t have to suffer through hearing your opinion on the matter

😊
Yikes

Yea I can't remember what SKA said but I do remember folks getting on him for being out of pocket and some posts being deleted. :lol:

Are the sentences concurrent or “served” after one is done? Say he got 4 life sentences and parole is 30 years for one, does he then serve his next life sentence if he got paroled.

Might seem dumb but ive read and heard different things in terms of sentencing in general and the term concurrent always confuses me along with the whole sentencing thing sometimes.

For the purposes of serving a sentence, concurrent means that they all "run" at the same time. That is the clock starts ticking at the same time for all of them. Say someone is serving 5 and 7 year sentences concurrently. After 5 years, they have served the 5 year sentence, but still have 2 more for the 7 year because they both started counting down at the same time. Basically, the longest of the sentences is the amount of time they will serve.

As far as the multiple life sentences, it differs from state to state depending on their sentencing laws. In Georgia, they all merge, meaning that they are treated as a single count upon which the sentence is calculated. So they will end up with 1 life sentence with or without the possibility of parole. If parole is involved it means they only need to be granted parole once instead of 4 different times.

Sadly, they will be concurrently, but any fed time is a different story.

genuine question

does Georgia not have the death penalty? Can they not be given the death sentence?
last time I checked Georgia has the death penalty in their state constitution.

there is still a chance they will be given the death penalty yes? Rather that than waste 50 years of tax payer dollars on them in Prison

Back
Top Bottom