Blade Runner 2049 (10/06/17) - Ford, Gosling, Batista, Leto, etc... SciFi Masterpiece?

I just got out and this movie was:wow::wow:

Thought it was a masterpiece tbh. I love futuristic flicks that perfectly use each type of technology showcased.
Biggest regret was not seeing it in IMAX.
But I'm gonna rewatch with my wife tomorrow.

Roger Deakins is truly a master at his craft
Soundtrack was amazing
They did a great job preserving the tone that made the original so awesome!

Trailers were on point too, nothing was revealed really

Just got back from this. Villeneuve killed it yet again:

- Epic score. The music was classic Blade Runner amped up 10x. The whole theater was shaking/vibrating just off of the bass alone.
- Visuals are stunning. I appreciate how Villeneuve kept a similar pace to the OG -- slow and methodical to get you absorbed into the settings. Kudos to Deakins too.
- Water was a major theme in the film. The imagery is everywhere.
- Ana de Armas in the 60s housewife outfit = :blush:
- Her saying "I love you" = :frown::
- Sylvia Hoeks is the breakout star here. Dangerous and a little bit sexy.

7 / 8

Will probably do my re-watch tomorrow after football. This kid and his father kept talking during the entire film and I felt I missed dialogue.

Also want to absorb Hans' score the second time around and pick up on little nuggets that Denis sprinkles throughout the film that I may have not noticed.

Sucks that this is already under performing in the box office. It will struggle to break even :smh:

So glad i got to watch it in IMAX. Absolutely breathtaking. Disappointing to hear that people left early :smh: but then again I know a few folks that are coming into this blind (one of my friends thought this was a sequel to BLADE with Wesley Snipes lol)

one of my favorite scenes from the movie was when

gosling and ford was playing cat and mouse in that bar/stage where hologram Elvis was performing... the lights/holograms kept coming in and out along with the music. that scene gave me chills :wow::pimp:

The sound of the gunfire hitting Ryan Gosling's vehicle as he flew into San Diego :wow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Movie did not disappoint.
I watched in non-IMAX and the sound was still superb.
Definitely gonna put in a 2nd viewing in another week or so.

Where can we all cop Gosling's coat?

Fuego flames -- would be great in NYC winter

Bruh,
I'm lookin to get one for a trip to paris I'm taking in December. Already picturing myself walkin down a street in some hard rain. Talkin to people through some PixelBuds to get that cityspeak experience :pimp::lol:

need a similar looking one

That is the one thing I have been telling people is to not go in expecting action, that was not in the first Blade Runner and if you've seen any of Villeneuve's work, expect a dialogue driven film.

Majority audiences are not willing to be that patient with plot these days because the market is saturated with quick edits and eye popping scenes.

Majority of audiences are idiots and have the attention span of 4 year old.

yah this news sucks

According to Box Office Mojo, the Denis Villeneuve-directed masterpiece has collected just over $31.5 million for the weekend in the United States, which, while still good enough to win the weekend, is far short of the initial $45-55 million opening projections. Internationally, the Ryan Gosling/Harrison Ford-starrer performed as expected, earning an estimated $50.2 million for the weekend, which brings its current worldwide haul to $81.7 million.

Ryan Gosling has given the world 2 iconic film jackets, Drive and now this one, not to mention his wardrobe from Crazy Stupid Love

Last edited:
dude was wearing nice clothes (or at least nice fitting clothes) for an unemployed jazz musician in La La Land :lol:

It's very rare that a great movie will do huge numbers at the box office. While I am sure the studio execs are disappointed in the opening weekend numbers; I have a feeling when it's all said and done this movie will make more than enough worldwide.

I have a similar coat was 3900 though

Attachments

• IMG_2994.JPG
    IMG_2994.JPG
    281.1 KB · Views: 9
Did my 2nd showing last night in IMAX, for my wife's first viewing.
Told her watching in a regular theater was like watching it on our tv.

I was blown away by the first viewing, but in IMAX, i feel like i missed certain sound effects(like luv's knife cutting through the air) and that soundtrack man. Its has to be nominated along with sound editing. I felt like I could damn near walk around inside the movie.

My movie of the year, and I honestly didn't even think I'd love it this much.

Back
Top Bottom