***BLizz Entertainment-----> The World Of Warcraft. StarCraft .Diablo Who Plays ? Nerds Check in***

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

Question for you guys, how do I see how much DPS I get with my spell casts? Like I have a weapon that does 63 damage, is it better to melee with that? Or is it better to go with poison darts? WD btw. Thanks.

As a WD, always use spells. Since i use a WD, let me show you how the damage works with him.

Lets say your character does 1000 damage with all of your gear on (weps, armor, acc, etc...) and you use a poison dart attack (naked, as in no runes). now that attack is supposed to do 100% damage on impact plus 40% damage as poison over 2 seconds. so the initial hit is supposed to do 1000 damage straight out (although that value will differ based on the enemy defense) and then followed by 200 damage each second for 2 seconds (this will also vary based on poison resistance). In the end, you would have done roughly 1400 damage instead of the normal 1000 with just using a melee attack. This should also be viable for the other witch doctor spells like Haunt which does 575% damage over 12 seconds and grasp which does 20% damage for 8 seconds. While I'm on the subject, keep an eye out for the phrases "_% damage over _ seconds" and " _% damage for _ seconds". The first one spreads the total damage out over a set amount of time (like 1000 damage over 5 seconds, which will still equal 1000 damage when the time is up) while the second one deals the damage as a constant every second (1000 damage for 5 seconds, which will equal 5000 damage when time is up).

I hope this helps.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Originally Posted by 2sappy

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

What is the benefits of playing online?
ive been playing offline solo.

D3 doesnt have offline solo.
i mean online but by myself
Playing with others increases the difficulty of the game. monsters are harder, but they drop more gold/loot and give more experience. And also, sometimes the game is easier having others to take hits for you.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 2sappy

Question for you guys, how do I see how much DPS I get with my spell casts? Like I have a weapon that does 63 damage, is it better to melee with that? Or is it better to go with poison darts? WD btw. Thanks.

As a WD, always use spells. Since i use a WD, let me show you how the damage works with him.

Lets say your character does 1000 damage with all of your gear on (weps, armor, acc, etc...) and you use a poison dart attack (naked, as in no runes). now that attack is supposed to do 100% damage on impact plus 40% damage as poison over 2 seconds. so the initial hit is supposed to do 1000 damage straight out (although that value will differ based on the enemy defense) and then followed by 200 damage each second for 2 seconds (this will also vary based on poison resistance). In the end, you would have done roughly 1400 damage instead of the normal 1000 with just using a melee attack. This should also be viable for the other witch doctor spells like Haunt which does 575% damage over 12 seconds and grasp which does 20% damage for 8 seconds. While I'm on the subject, keep an eye out for the phrases "_% damage over _ seconds" and " _% damage for _ seconds". The first one spreads the total damage out over a set amount of time (like 1000 damage over 5 seconds, which will still equal 1000 damage when the time is up) while the second one deals the damage as a constant every second (1000 damage for 5 seconds, which will equal 5000 damage when time is up).

I hope this helps.
Wow, thanks man, that helped explain it perfectly actually. I appreciate it! 
pimp.gif

yo i need help to get to inferno. anyone who can help add me: baamez#1877

im on hell act iv

monk right here. starting to get a good feel for the character now. just finished inferno tonight, seems like i'm still doing so little dmg compared to people who know how to use wiz or dh. doing 2.3k dmg after buying all my gear to max my dex even though all my other stats suck.

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

monk right here. starting to get a good feel for the character now. just finished inferno tonight, seems like i'm still doing so little dmg compared to people who know how to use wiz or dh. doing 2.3k dmg after buying all my gear to max my dex even though all my other stats suck.

Beat inferno with 2.3k dps monk? Theres no wayIm at 28k dps and just beat inferno act 1

I can take a couple hits from white mobs in inf act 1 (DH). Even some elites/champs. But the mobs that charge, reflect, arcane, etc equals a death.

Doesnt seem so bad so far. Then again, its only act 1.

lol my bad. didnt mean inferno, got confused with my other char. talking about NM. been playing 3 hours straight when i typed that.

I've been slacking on adding y'all. I'll do it today. I'm in the middle of Act I Hell. Level 53 WD. Every time I'm having trouble and feel like I hit a wall, off to the AH I go and it fixes everything. They have amazing steals on there, just go past the first few pages. However, my DPS still seems a little low at the moment. My overall DPS (from the inventory menu) is around 3,400. How this does compare to other WD's?

They're updating with the new patch. I was reading the patch notes and it looks interesting. A lot of information on the AH, difficulty, items, etc.

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

lol my bad. didnt mean inferno, got confused with my other char. talking about NM. been playing 3 hours straight when i typed that.

ah fair enough. im pretty sure thats higher dps than i had in NM

need some help from others playin Wizard.

I'm currently on Act II NM with my Wiz (lvl 40 i think) and only doing about 1200 dmg. What am I doing wrong? I am looking for gear that stacks Int. Should I be looking for other stats instead? IAS maybe? I can hang OK running solo, but when I group up I feel that I am not melting packs down like I used to.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I'm currently on Act II NM with my Wiz (lvl 40 i think) and only doing about 1200 dmg. What am I doing wrong? I am looking for gear that stacks Int. Should I be looking for other stats instead? IAS maybe? I can hang OK running solo, but when I group up I feel that I am not melting packs down like I used to.

FOR REAL though. I remember you saying two days ago you were dying left and right, we teamed up and beasted. Now when I go solo in NM I always get waxed but when I play with others it seems like a breeze.

FOR REAL though. I remember you saying two days ago you were dying left and right, we teamed up and beasted. Now when I go solo in NM I always get waxed but when I play with others it seems like a breeze.
hahaha WD+Wiz was a good combo cause your summoned buddies would act as meat shield to keep the monster packs preoccupied so we could attack with ranged attack + spells.  Running solo I dont have that luxury.  Even with my crappy damage, I feel that if I can get the monsters to stop chasing me for a second, my venom hydra + blizzard + disintegrate can usually make short work of the normal monster packs.  its when they have nothing else to chase but my lackluster wiz do i suffer.

hahaha WD+Wiz was a good combo cause your summoned buddies would act as meat shield to keep the monster packs preoccupied so we could attack with ranged attack + spells.  Running solo I dont have that luxury.  Even with my crappy damage, I feel that if I can get the monsters to stop chasing me for a second, my venom hydra + blizzard + disintegrate can usually make short work of the normal monster packs.  its when they have nothing else to chase but my lackluster wiz do i suffer.

Even with my summons though they get the one hit sit down. I can't keep them alive long enough to get a few darts in.
Speaking of the new patch, ever since it d/l'd i'm having trouble getting on. It will cycle through the "connect to battlenet and authenticating server" but it gets to retrieving hero list then times out after about 8 minutes or so... Is that happening to anyone else?

Even with my summons though they get the one hit sit down. I can't keep them alive long enough to get a few darts in.
Speaking of the new patch, ever since it d/l'd i'm having trouble getting on. It will cycle through the "connect to battlenet and authenticating server" but it gets to retrieving hero list then times out after about 8 minutes or so... Is that happening to anyone else?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5235711958

its gonna be a while.
ohwell.gif

sick.gif
 WHAT!? That sucks. I was reading page 1 when it was on pg 74 not 3 minutes later its up to page 104 
eek.gif

I understand people getting frustrated but it's just a game damn lol.

At least I got NT to hold me down for an hour  
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom