BMW X5...yay or nay?

Originally Posted by nocomment6

the old ones aee ugly if you aks me, I dont like the new ones either, although the M package one looks brutul, I mena whats under the hood. I would caop a Range over an X5 anyday.
It's the gift and the curse with a Range.  Safest SUV out there yet have a tendency to crash easier than most SUV's because of their size/height.  I've had a couple friends lose it on wide turns and topple over with one friend killing someone on the Merritt Parkway in CT.

Cop the SRT8.

dma33b.jpg

april201010.jpg

april20103.jpg

KandyBlue2.jpg

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by Jehul

Anyone here have the X6? I'm pretty sure somone has it in black.

Just wondering how owners like it.

I have a black 2008 X6 and I absolutely love it.  I've owned a couple of Bimmers and the X6 is by far my favorite to drive.  Rell, you're right about the truck space being tight as a virgin but the Pros far outweight the Cons.

I'd post pics but my laptop is shot.

And #*%+ what dudes is saying about the X5.  It's a legit ride.
I don't think there's such thing as a 2008 X6...
Also, posting for later when my X5 gets out of the body shop.

If I saw that on the road I wouldn't care if a dude was driving that, its a god damn BMW, and I think it looks sick.
No man who makes enough money to afford it should be insecure about driving it, let alone caring about what others think about YOUR CAR...
Unless you live in LA then your already driving better than most cars on the road, (depends on where you live)

the old ones aee ugly if you aks me, I dont like the new ones either, although the M package one looks brutul, I mena whats under the hood. I would caop a Range over an X5 anyday.
It's the gift and the curse with a Range.  Safest SUV out there yet have a tendency to crash easier than most SUV's because of their size/height.  I've had a couple friends lose it on wide turns and topple over with one friend killing someone on the Merritt Parkway in CT.

Merritt Pkwy is the scariest road to drive on in the US at night.  No joke. 

Originally Posted by pdot

I have a black 2008 X6 and I absolutely love it.  I've owned a couple of Bimmers and the X6 is by far my favorite to drive.  Rell, you're right about the truck space being tight as a virgin but the Pros far outweight the Cons.

2008 BMW X6

Originally Posted by Lex Starks

Originally Posted by pdot

2008 BMW X6

Something isn't right with that...
15K miles. V6. $60K doesn't add up.

There were no 2008 X6s for sale on AutoTrader

Hmmm....tempting. Do you have the tw turbo 6 or the v8? I always liked the X6, eventhough it isn't as "practical"

* Starts configuring his X6 on bmwusa.com

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

explain

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

explain
The merritt pkwy is a 3 lane highway just cut thru the woods in CT. it windy and hilly. very dark, and the exits are crazy. If you like crashed off the side of the road on it. you really could disappear into the woods and it would take a while for someone to find you. There is also a crazy like open grate steel bridge that cross a river, that is sick high with crazy cross winds.

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

explain
The merritt pkwy is a 3 lane highway just cut thru the woods in CT. it windy and hilly. very dark, and the exits are crazy. If you like crashed off the side of the road on it. you really could disappear into the woods and it would take a while for someone to find you. There is also a crazy like open grate steel bridge that cross a river, that is sick high with crazy cross winds.

ive driven this more more than i can count growing up in CT and frequent NY, NJ w/e a lot.

i mean yea.........imo its FUN road to drive. and nobody does the actual speed limit on it either.

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

explain

The Merritt is actually a 2 LANE highway with the majority of it being turns and hills.  What makes it worse is everybody drives AT LEAST 10 over the speed limit.  When it rains?  It's a wrap.  An accident is guaranteed.

It's actually a nice drive during the day on like a Sunday when the weather is nice but for the most part it's an accident waiting to happen.

Hmmm....tempting. Do you have the tw turbo 6 or the v8? I always liked the X6, eventhough it isn't as "practical"

* Starts configuring his X6 on bmwusa.com

I have the 35i, no V8.  Still a pretty powerful drive and so smooth.

Originally Posted by 35KD

So just because of a Jay-Z line, people think they're for females?
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

I really don't see what's so feminine about them.
idk...its just SOMETHING about certain vehicles that make it appear feminine. sorta like the Lexus RX and Nissan Altima 2.5

and to be honest, I've never seen a man drive an X5...
eyes.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Truballa101

Originally Posted by 35KD

So just because of a Jay-Z line, people think they're for females?
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

I really don't see what's so feminine about them.
idk...its just SOMETHING about certain vehicles that make it appear feminine. sorta like the Lexus RX and Nissan Altima 2.5

and to be honest, I've never seen a man drive an X5...
eyes.gif
ohwell.gif

grin.gif
 it's not like you're walking around the street with a mini skirt and some heels on.. it's a damn car. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

do you man, if you like it get it. screw what NT says
--This.
--My mom has one, NT'er BOLT55 has one...I dont think its a chick car at all. Its a BMW!! Cmon guys.

Back
Top Bottom