Boardwalk Empire (season 2) thread Vol. Season 1 Blu-Ray 1/10 *Best Buy 2 per store?!*

Originally Posted by wren32

I feel as though Jimmy could never really be a big time player in the game like Nucky. Jimmy is smart but I don't think he is truly anything more than a soldier. He is pretty powerless without Nucky IMO. 

capone would seem that way too if we didnt already know who he was, same with luciano, all these guys had to start somewhere

pimp.gif

Another great episode. I wouldve been
mad.gif
if Harrow killed himself....that scalping scene was too intense. I dont trust the attorney general either but we'll see what happens.

I cringed during the scalping scene, +@#% was intense 
eek.gif

The maid,
smokin.gif
, needs to get that hair under control though.

Eli pummeling the dude, scalping, maids boobs, then the DA getting bop...
laugh.gif
  This show is awesome.

Eli is in way too deep, he goofed, and now wants to be bailed out.  Nucky doesn't trust him, not surprised he told him to kick rocks. 

I feel as though Jimmy could never really be a big time player in the game like Nucky. Jimmy is smart but I don't think he is truly anything more than a soldier. He is pretty powerless without Nucky IMO. 
If you haven't been paying attention, Nucky started off working under the Commodore. All these guys start off as soldiers and hitmen as they work their up, Jimmy has already shown that he can make bootlegging deals with guys like the butcher in Philadelphia.

The bludgeoning and flash shots of his caved in face got me more than the scalping. Yall aint see Inglorious Bastards?

Epic episode IMO. The way Nucky talked to his brother like a boss to wrench to throat to the scalping......... Piff!

Originally Posted by Big J 33

wHo NicE as HiM wrote:
from next week's preview is it me or did it look like richard got blasted in the chest?
Upon first glance I thought it was him too then I watched again and I was more confused.

It appears that Luchiano and Jimmy are trying to take out Nucky and Rothstein... doubt this will end well for them cuz Nuck and Rothstein are too well connected plus the commodore is out of commission.
Well if the show remains historically accurate with Luciano and Rothstein, we shouldn't see either of them leave any time soon, but who knows if they remain true. Lucky shouldn't go because he's a major player down the line with the Five Families.

Tonight's episode was very good. Considering it didn't feature Nelson, Chalky, OR Lucky/Rothstein/NY, they did a great job. I did think they might kill Harrow off, but he's too good of a character to do it this early. That meeting in the woods with the hunters, how he said "these woods are for living" and how the dog was just a soldier too, really great scene... I wanted Harrow to take the dog, even though the dog was aggressive towards him, would have been cool.. not to mention the dog also had a lot of scars on his face. Then the scene with Harrow and Jimmy, I wonder if Jimmy's being truthful when he said he would fight for Harrow, or if he was just learning to play the game.

I think Nucky and Eli end up making amends. Nucky asked for a guarantee about his trial and he couldn't get one, so I think he goes to Eli and asks for the name of the guy testifying against him, he kills that guy, then Nucky and Eli are reunited.

An impressive episode for the show, like I mentioned, to leave out some big storylines/characters, then to up the violence, they balanced everything quite well.

On point. They might have a swerve but that makes the most sense. Out of everybody Eli was the most over his head...AND conspired directly against his own blood, the only savior he has left. 
The actual scene made me think Harrow was going to off himself but in the back of my head I knew it wouldn't happen because hes too good of a character. I hope that scene with him and Jimmy doesn't lead to conflict. I legitimately feel for this Harrow character..and then he goes knives someone brain 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Info on the sweater Owen Sleater was wearing in bed with the maid? 

laugh.gif
I have a used one for sale, quite possible even more "fuzzy" than Owen's 
laugh.gif

The maids taties 
eek.gif
 Out of nowhere 
devil.gif

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

If you haven't been paying attention, Nucky started off working under the Commodore. All these guys start off as soldiers and hitmen as they work their up, Jimmy has already shown that he can make bootlegging deals with guys like the butcher in Philadelphia.
I've definitely been paying attention. Nucky waited his turn though. Even Capone seems to be willing to wait his turn but Jimmy isn't willing to wait for his turn. I guess patience isn't a trait that is abundant among gangsters. 

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

I've definitely been paying attention. Nucky waited his turn though. Even Capone seems to be willing to wait his turn but Jimmy isn't willing to wait for his turn. I guess patience isn't a trait that is abundant among gangsters. 

what about luciano?  if you know history, then you know he sure as hell didnt wait his turn

it just seems like jimmys the only one not willing to wait his turn because thats who the shows focusing on, like i said, luciano didnt wait his turn, i havent looked it up but for all we know maybe capone eventually takes out torrio

God I love this show.
Margaret walking in with the shotty ready to get busy for her man... 
pimp.gif

You just can't teach that! 
eek.gif

I really hope they don't kill of Harrow. If he is written off the show I hope it's through him finally getting a family and being tired of killing.

With that being said, I do think that Jimmy is completely playing him when he said that he would fight for him until the last bullet, just like any person in power, you tell the people who work under you what you want them to hear.

how does a man with Nucky's frame combat and get in a few shots on his brother, a police chief? 
laugh.gif
  First I was 
eek.gif
when he told him to kiss his feet, then I was thinking during the scene, Steve Buscemi must weigh a buck.
laugh.gif

Harrow with all that hatred inside. Must be frustrating not to be able to pull off something you set in your mind to do, so he took it out on that old man's scalp.

What the hell is happening with this thread tonight?? not a single post about the episode!!!!  

-Van alden getting caught by his wife
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

- Margaret hating on the maid that she aint the one getting her guts pounded at night by Slater
alien.gif
alien.gif

-The showdown in Philly  
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

-Nucky getting played by the attorney general 
tired.gif

next week is only gonna get better

Back
Top Bottom