Brooklyn's Finest...

One thing about these "hood movies" in NYC why do they still have these guys dressing like its 2001? If they had these dudes in prp's, moncler vest, foamposites, and true religion hats it would make the characters more real life imo my nyc heads dont agree?

Originally Posted by Uptown1090Slime

One thing about these "hood movies" in NYC why do they still have these guys dressing like its 2001? If they had these dudes in prp's, moncler vest, foamposites, and true religion hats it would make the characters more real life imo my nyc heads dont agree?

Thats the EXACT same #+%% I was sayin...

The chick that took me to see the movie always tryin clown NYC (she's from Cleveland
indifferent.gif
 ) was just talkin #+%%... ESPECIALLY when they had them fake Ns from uptown come through with the shiny gold hoodie with the matchin hat
smh.gif
... Then my man Don Cheadle had his fatigues up by his ribs... Omar from the Wire had on Filas in the final scene like this was the mid 90s or somethin...  

You can't blame Fuqua, he did a great job directing, all the camera angles was on point, the visual was great, it was more of the writer (an MTA employee of all people) that kinda %%!!@% it up, If he got some help from someone more experienced it could've been A LOT better... But @ the end of the day it was coo, I'd watch it again... Goin cop the DVD

Also say the homie Bonez from Athens Park Blood (Bastards Of The Party & Training Day) in the joint that was a good look, but they could've found a New Yorker for that part... Also Fuqua's wife (Lele Rachon) made a mini appearence too...

But
Training Day >>>>>>>>>>>>> Brooklyn's Finest

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

The chick that took me to see the movie always tryin clown NYC (she's from Cleveland
indifferent.gif
 ) was just talkin #+%%... ESPECIALLY when they had them fake Ns from uptown come through with [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]the shiny gold hoodie with the matchin hat [/color]
smh.gif
... Then my man Don Cheadle had his fatigues up by his ribs... Omar from the Wire had on Filas in the final scene like this was the mid 90s or somethin...  

You can't blame Fuqua, he did a great job directing, all the camera angles was on point, the visual was great, it was more of the writer (an MTA employee of all people) that kinda %%!!@% it up, If he got some help from someone more experienced it could've been A LOT better... But @ the end of the day it was coo, I'd watch it again... Goin cop the DVD

Also say the homie Bonez from Athens Park Blood (Bastards Of The Party & Training Day) in the joint that was a good look, but they could've found a New Yorker for that part... Also Fuqua's wife (Lele Rachon) made a mini appearence too...

But
roll.gif
roll.gif
u know some dudes still dress like that smh

Uptown1090Slime wrote:

Thats the EXACT same %@%# I was sayin...

indifferent.gif
 ) was just talkin %@%#... ESPECIALLY when they had them fake Ns from uptown come through with the shiny gold hoodie with the matchin hat
smh.gif

You can't blame Fuqua, he did a great job directing, all the camera angles was on point, the visual was great, it was more of the writer (an MTA employee of all people) that kinda @$%@%# it up, If he got some help from someone more experienced it could've been A LOT better... But @ the end of the day it was coo, I'd watch it again... Goin cop the DVD

But

i agree 100%. These so called "hood movies" need to start getting dudes from the HOOD on the payroll to at least help out with the costume design
smh.gif

this movie was good a little too long but good overall but no where near what i heard... "BF was better than NEW JACK CITY" i almost went to jail that night......*EDIT*OH YEAH & I SAW IT FOR FREE THE DAY IT CAME OUT SITTING @ THA CRIB &
pimp.gif
PM ME FOR INFO IF NEEDED.......

indifferent.gif
 ) was just talkin #+%%... ESPECIALLY when they had them fake Ns from uptown come through with the shiny gold hoodie with the matchin hat
smh.gif

But
roll.gif
I saw the flick in Syracuse and these bums and townies were laughing at the way they were dressed. I knew a few dudes at the movie from the city and they were like no one dresses like that and shaking their heads
laugh.gif

Let's not forget the outdated slang.

I enjoyed it for what it was. The golden skinned prostitute was bad.

shannon_kane_2587833.jpg

Brooklyn+Finest+2009+Sundance+Premiere+bCZeSEHkTeCl.jpg

shannon_kane_5311890.jpg

Spoiler [+]
Everyone was like
sick.gif
roll.gif
when she wiped her box with the rag

MOvie was good up intill Ethan Hawkes partner did Don Cheadle wrong didnt understand why he had to go like that.
That actually happened about a year and a half back. The off duty officer was chasing someone that had broken into his car and another officer shot him when he saw the gun.

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

indifferent.gif
 ) was just talkin #+%%... ESPECIALLY when they had them fake Ns from uptown come through with [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]the shiny gold hoodie with the matchin hat [/color]
smh.gif

But
roll.gif
roll.gif
ONLY in brooklyn...
laugh.gif

once they hit uptown da clothes should've slimmed up and da dominican accents should've starts flowing out.....

son in da club had da WORST fitted in mankind
laugh.gif

MOvie was good up intill Ethan Hawkes partner did Don Cheadle wrong didnt understand why he had to go like that.

The Dominican prostitue was 
pimp.gif

funniest scene is when one of the guys from the wire took out his clip from his gun and didnt want any part of Don Cheadle.

Originally Posted by roboski

The Dominican prostitue was 
pimp.gif

funniest scene is when one of the guys from the wire took out his clip from his gun and didnt want any part of Don Cheadle.

you know i aint got no prob wit you tango... uncock's & de-clips & throws the clip on the groundfunniest thing next toso you just gon do me dirty in the street in the daytime tango...Yep

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

Uptown1090Slime wrote:

indifferent.gif
smh.gif

But
roll.gif
roll.gif
ONLY in brooklyn...
laugh.gif

once they hit uptown da clothes should've slimmed up and da dominican accents should've starts flowing out.....

son in da club had da WORST fitted in mankind
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
wooord my man had on one of them lil wayne fitteds with the gold dollar signs all over
smh.gif

indifferent.gif
smh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

that dominican chick up there looks bad.
pimp.gif

Was better than yall make it seem. The ending could have been better but overall it was pretty good

Originally Posted by cartune

Was better than yall make it seem. The ending could have been better but overall it was pretty good

this. sum of yall was downing the movie a lil to hard

the things with getting all those brands is wouldn't they have to pay licensing fees for showing that?

I assume the producers didn't have to pay much for what they had on.

pretty good imo...i thought the ending was good...how all the characters came together at the end there
pimp.gif

def. worth checking out...and yea, that chick was bad
smokin.gif

richard gere guiding her the whole time "slow, slow, slow, slower"
roll.gif
laugh.gif

but yea, i was
eek.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
when she was cleaning out the box.

dude at the end though that shot ethan hawk was wearing a Brooklyn shirt...but aren't those even outdated now?

I think alot of people saw it not understanding
the meaning of the title Brooklyns Finest, being
about NYPD & not ur average hood *$$+. Hawke
played a good role.

The movie was weak

what's good with folks making bad decisions? I saw this movie and came out the movie theaters annoyed. How the hell is the whole movie just about dumb %$# people who keeps making bad decisions.

smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom