Bros help me plan my 2 year late honeymoon VOL Alaska -> Hawaii

So I'll make 2 years married next summer and I never went on a honeymoon, so I owe it to her and myself, usually I go on vaca 2-3 a yer, but is usually your average DR trip or Miami or some other Caribbean island....well now I want to do something different, I know some of you are heavy into travel and I know there are NTers who have been to Hawaii, well my idea is if the budget allows, to go to Alaska for a week and then Hawaii te next, if i can't do both then I'll settle for Hawaii....-things to do in Alaska, can I see the twilight anywhere in Alaska?..is it possible that time of the year?-what's the best airline?-best Island/beach in Hawaii....Ive heard some are extremely rough.-recommend me some resorts or hotels if possible.Looking to book soon, at least the flights, since I plan on leaving the first week of July.Your help is appreciated...

You couldn't come up with any of those answers?

But Alaska is beautiful, Hawaii not so much. Vancouver x Alaska gonna be my honeymoon.

I've been to both Hawaii and Alaska (not for the same reason as you), but I'd go to Alaska.

what are your interests?...

history?
just chilling?
hiking?
activities?

I just came back from Hawaii for my honeymoon
Hawaii will be expensive...although being from the NYC area you'll be used to it

went to 3 islands -
Kauai 4 days
Maui 6 days
Oahu 6 days

Kauai being the least developed... you'll have the least to do...but it's the most relaxing.
We splurged and stayed at the Grand Hyatt. definitely recommend it.

things to do there..
Na Pali coast - instead of a boat trip we did a 2 mile hike (Kalalua trail) that ends in a beach.
You can also do Waimea canyon.
There are waterfalls to visit. We also did ziplining.
Great relaxing island.
You will definitely need to rent a car.

Maui - most memorable things for me are the Haleaka sunrise (see sunrise at the top of a volcano), and doing the Road to Hana, and past that to the 7 pools.
and definitely eat some banana bread while youre there

we played golf too.. being that there are golf courses everywhere there.. ridiculously nice

Oahu - most city like.. you can get by w/o a car here..but we rented one, b/c personally... I didn't want to waste vacation time taking public transportation.
tons of things to do here. Flaming Hot Cheetos grew up there, I believe.

I miss Spam Musubi

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

what are your interests?...

history?
just chilling?
hiking?
activities?

I just came back from Hawaii for my honeymoon
Hawaii will be expensive...although being from the NYC area you'll be used to it

went to 3 islands -
Kauai 4 days
Maui 6 days
Oahu 6 days

Kauai being the least developed... you'll have the least to do...but it's the most relaxing.
We splurged and stayed at the Grand Hyatt. definitely recommend it.

things to do there..
Na Pali coast - instead of a boat trip we did a 2 mile hike (Kalalua trail) that ends in a beach.
You can also do Waimea canyon.
There are waterfalls to visit. We also did ziplining.
Great relaxing island.
You will definitely need to rent a car.

Maui - most memorable things for me are the Haleaka sunrise (see sunrise at the top of a volcano), and doing the Road to Hana, and past that to the 7 pools.
and definitely eat some banana bread while youre there

we played golf too.. being that there are golf courses everywhere there.. ridiculously nice

Oahu - most city like.. you can get by w/o a car here..but we rented one, b/c personally... I didn't want to waste vacation time taking public transportation.
tons of things to do here. Flaming Hot Cheetos grew up there, I believe.

I miss Spam Musubi
We did Haleakala the last time we were in Maui and opted not to do it this year.  We froze our *** off.  We lucked out with a remarkably nice sunrise, but it was tough waiting out there at 4am with a hotel blanket.   Next time we do it, we'll do it the day we get there as it'll help with jetlag.

I could go to Maui every year.  This year we stayed in Wailea which was a nice change.  Check out Maui brewing co too.

As for Alaska, July is supposed to be one of the best times to go out there, but airfare reflects that too.

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

If you do decide do to visit Alaska, check out angoon.

Give my regards to Swerv Merv and TnT
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom