Bullied Tennessee boy gets love from celebrities

I don't understand the 55k donations..... For what?!

I don’t k ow either

Society is weird these days, dudes making gofundmes for anything and everything even **** that doesn’t deserve money

Not sure why a child need 55k donated to him or shall I say his mother

People weird AF in 2017

The donations are for his college fund. I don't see the issue with it.

Telling a child to "toughen up" is part of the problem. How about teach your child not to bully others?

I've told my sons on numerous occasions to stick up for anyone that they ever see getting bullied and not to be a follower when they see other kids doing it.
While I agree, this new practice of seemingly finding comfort in being a victim is doing more to kill these kids confidence than anything.

I don't think you should necessarily tell your kid to 'toughen up' outright, but you have to be looking to create thicker skin on a kid. Life doesn't get much easier. A parents job should be to prepare them for that, not to shelter.

There's no right answer, but I feel like as we as a society have become more and more 'safe' in the most simple of terms, we've sheltered ourselves more and more from those things that make us uncomfortable. Problem is, life isn't void of all negative moments, and a lot of times we have to learn to adjust to those. Coddling your child like this is almost akin to shielding your immune system from all bacteria. Once you do get sick it's going to be a lot worse than if you had dealt with these types of things before.

We're setting up a future of very sensitive people, which is ironic considering this is the most sensitive time ever.:lol:

they already dug up pics of him and his family w/ conf flags?
this some jerry springer ish...need that kid to reveal he has a black girlfriend

I blame the parents. Let me come home saying I was bullied. I bet your bottom dollar my parents wouldn't be putting me in front of a camera looking for social media fame. We would be riding up to the school deep as heck to talk to the school staff, bullies and parents of the bullies. If need be, there would probably be a little butt kicking if the bullying was to continue.
There's better ways to handle a bully, if the kid is really being bullied, than the way they went about it.

This thread made me think of something I saw the other day...

20171211_121157.jpg

I would also like a little more background on why he is being bullied. I feel like those confederate flags might be one of the reasons.

Telling a child to "toughen up" is part of the problem. How about teach your child not to bully others?

I've told my sons on numerous occasions to stick up for anyone that they ever see getting bullied and not to be a follower when they see other kids doing it.
its more than just telling a kid to toughen up
waaaaay more than that
its letting then know
"THEY'RE KIND
THEY'RE SPECIAL
AND THEY'RE IMPORTANT"
and parents aren't doing that
they to busy buying em jordans and polos
thinking that thats whats most important
but it aint
kids be wanting a pair of spider-man shoes
or light up shoes
i try to let my kids know every damn day how special they are
and to not let anyone tell them different
the school they go to
they are 2 of maybe 8 or 9 black kids at the whole school
and the last thing i want is for them to feel like someone else is better than them
or that they aren't as great as anyone else
i ask about their day everyday when i get home or they get home
ask how was school
parents aren't asking the questions
or not picking up on when they are having a bad day
know ur kids is all im saying

Sad video. I think a lot of us have felt similarly at one point or another in our lives. Personally speaking, my parents wouldn't have recorded me if I came home crying after a rough day, but this is the world we live in today, for better or worse. It's certainly not the poor kid's fault.

If these videos and social media help bring awareness and spread a positive message, I'm all for it. On the flip, no one was giving me (or anyone else I know) thousands of dollars because some prick in class was being a ****. What will that money do? Idk, just thinking out loud.

He does need to toughen up! Quit treating these children like glass and trying to shelter them from everything bad in the world. Not everyone is going to like you and parents need to do a better job of building self confidence in their kids.

Oh If you think your kids have never teased another kid you're lying to yourself. I don't agree with bullying, I also don't agree with racism. Unfortunately both are a reality in this world so you better prepare you kids for what they will face. Plenty of people out there in f***ed up situations that's just life. Doesn't make this right but neither is half the the other things you choose to ignore happening around you.

His parents are equally to blame for the behavior of these kids with their lack of tolerance. All of it encourages communities/people to treat people badly even your own children.

Just saw a vid of some MMA dude saying the mom just wants $ and asked him to share her gofundme. he then posted a pic a dm convo of supposedly her saying she needed the $ for Christmas gifts.

who knows if this was really her DM a mma fighter or someone trying to get in on this
prob a fake acct since it was just created days ago

IMG_2637.PNG

Post was from August 25th..... hmmm....

this is what's most likely gonna keep him off ellen :lol:. thats easy research to discover he comes from the mud.

what if they kids are doing the lord's work by bullying a WS? or the son of a WS? What if they're bullying him in the name of equality because he's different? Equal Opportunity bullying? weebey

How does a parent do this...give me some examples
i posted how on the last page...........

its more than just telling a kid to toughen up
waaaaay more than that
its letting then know
"THEY'RE KIND
THEY'RE SPECIAL
AND THEY'RE IMPORTANT"
and parents aren't doing that
they to busy buying em jordans and polos
thinking that thats whats most important
but it aint
kids be wanting a pair of spider-man shoes
or light up shoes
i try to let my kids know every damn day how special they are
and to not let anyone tell them different
the school they go to
they are 2 of maybe 8 or 9 black kids at the whole school
and the last thing i want is for them to feel like someone else is better than them
or that they aren't as great as anyone else
i ask about their day everyday when i get home or they get home
ask how was school
parents aren't asking the questions
or not picking up on when they are having a bad day
know ur kids is all im saying

How does a parent do this...give me some examples

nawghtyhare nawghtyhare said it better than I can. Taking an active role in the kids life. Maintaining a close but respectful relationship that gives your child the comfort to come to you with anything, and the respect to listen to your advice. That's just being involved and genuinely caring and taking the initiative to thoughtfully approach your children depending on what you as a parent pick up from their mood.

But at the same time equipping them with the personal confidence and love for themselves. That's something that can't be replaced, and it has a huge impact on a persons life. These kids need confidence, not to be rewarded for crying about bullying. That's not to say that kids shouldn't be able to cry about bullying, but to reward them for it doesn't really teach a person to toughen up and get over the hump.

Some of these responses are the reason why kids bully others. There's a big difference between "babying, treating kids like glass, sheltering" them and actually teaching your kids about empathy, sympathy, and being kind to others.

Of course the world is tough and you have to teach kids to defend themselves but you also have to teach kids not to accept the norm just because other parents don't teach their kids to keep their hands to themselves.

A lot of victim blaming in here.

Back
Top Bottom