buy n sell forum ...

I understand where people are coming from both sides with the fees but as a seller I like paypal as a gift of course I would never scam anyone some people do so its a risk. Having said that when I list my prices I include shipping, but I also will deal but when you knock 10-15 off a price a shoes and then take another 4% you really take a hit, and then on top of that I usually send priority and double box all of which adds extra fees. For example I sell of shoes that retail $135 for say 160. I deal down to 150, then take away 15 for shipping, then 4% I wind up not even breaking even. im not in it to make a huge profit but after having a rare pair of Js having been kept on ice for 5 yrs + i would like a little margin. If you list it for more you wind up not getting any offers or low ballers.

I understand where people are coming from both sides with the fees but as a seller I like paypal as a gift of course I would never scam anyone some people do so its a risk. Having said that when I list my prices I include shipping, but I also will deal but when you knock 10-15 off a price a shoes and then take another 4% you really take a hit, and then on top of that I usually send priority and double box all of which adds extra fees. For example I sell of shoes that retail $135 for say 160. I deal down to 150, then take away 15 for shipping, then 4% I wind up not even breaking even. im not in it to make a huge profit but after having a rare pair of Js having been kept on ice for 5 yrs + i would like a little margin. If you list it for more you wind up not getting any offers or low ballers.

Thank you Meth!

I'm tired of these shady sellers in the B/S forum.
30t6p3b.gif

With this being enforced instances of fraud will surely go down.
pimp.gif

Colecity
Tim F.

Cedric
I read your replies and they were anything but logical.
Nothing else needs to be addressed.
Have fun selling on NT.

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by ColdCity

The buyer shouldn't spend more money so the seller can earn more money because they want to avoid paying paypal fees that they agreed to when they made a paypal acccount.
Why should the buyer pay the 4%?

Oh cool, insult me instead of answering the question.

how is the seller earning more $ its covering the fees........the person pays the 4% or they dont get the item why should I pay the fees when someone else wants an item I have....
Let's say a seller tries to sell some Js for $200 and he wants the buyer to add the 4% fee(that he the seller is supposed to pay for using paypal to receive money).
The buyer has to pay $204 $208 for shoes that the buyer is selling for $200.
The seller receives $200 instead of receiving $196.
Therefore earning more money by avoiding to pay paypal fees.

The only reason sellers add the 4% fee to their listing price is because they are greedy and want to avoid paying fees that they should already be paying.
Now the seller has to pay a fee that the seller should pay himself.
It's like when dudes on ebay list shoes for $1 and the shipping price is $199.
Shady business ethics if you ask me.
you cant do math, your opinion doesnt matter

The buyer shouldn't spend more money so the seller can earn more money because they want to avoid paying paypal fees that they agreed to when they made a paypal acccount.
Why should the buyer pay the 4%?

Oh cool, insult me instead of answering the question.

how is the seller earning more $ its covering the fees........the person pays the 4% or they dont get the item why should I pay the fees when someone else wants an item I have....
Let's say a seller tries to sell some Js for $200 and he wants the buyer to add the 4% fee(that he the seller is supposed to pay for using paypal to receive money).

The only reason sellers add the 4% fee to their listing price is because they are greedy and want to avoid paying fees that they should already be paying.

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

You can't use proper grammar, therefore...oh wait you don't have an opinion.

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

You can't use proper grammar, therefore...oh wait you don't have an opinion.

just like no one is being forced to buy which you clearly overlooked in the post....buy & pay the fees like the seller request/states in listing or dont & someone else will

I didn't "overlook" anything.  You are really failing to grasp something so simple.  We are talking about NikeTalk where it's against NT's rules so the seller shouldn't be requesting or stating it in their listing and no one should be doing it.  How are you not understanding this?

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

@red mpls when have i broken rules selling on niketalk

I never claimed or even insinuated that you have.

so whats your point.... buy it & pay the fees or dont & someone else will
My point is that people who break paypal's rules are not honest sellers.
They would rather screw over buyers buy making them pay 4% fees that they as sellers are supposed to pay so they can earn more cash.

* note to self ingore any pm's from iYen regarding items being sold*

back to the program
GET OVER IT!

im a very honest buyer/seller never scammed a soul & has never been scammed... when i make a listing ebay/cl/nt/anywhere i state i accept paypal & i dont pay the 4% fees & my prices dont include shipping... once that is read & you still pm/email me, im under the impression you know the deal & what ill accept so there should be no problem your either goning to pay the extra or its going to be sent asa gift.......

laugh.gif
at "GET OVER IT."  It's against NT's rules so... clearly YOU'RE going to have to get over it...

Originally Posted by Method Man

i do things my way within the rules of niketalk. 
I hate to break it to you, but this has always been the rule: 
10. PAYPAL SURCHARGES ARE NOT ALLOWED.It is against the law to charge an extra fee for accepting payments through PayPal (see Section VI of their Payments Policy - you must be logged in): 

https://www.paypal.com/us...=p/gen/ua/policy_payments 
Quote:
No Surcharges. Under Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express regulations and the laws of several states, including California, merchants may not charge a fee to the buyer for accepting credit card payments (often called a "surcharge" . You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as payment. This restriction does not prevent you from imposing a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge (in other words, the handling fee for transactions paid through PayPal may not be higher than the handling fee for transactions paid through other payment methods) .

While we are not OBLIGATED to enforce these policies, it benefits our users to do so in that it protects buyers from paying such charges and sellers from violating their terms of service agreements and any applicable state laws. Any thread that is submitted that is applying a Papypal surcharge or found to include hidden Paypal fees will be deleted on sight. Members who choose to continue to violate this rule will be temporarily or permanently banned. There are NO EXCEPTIONS. 

I'll say it again:  our goal was to minimize the occurrence of fraud on our forums.  The easiest way to do this would be to eliminate buy/sell entirely and just make it someone else's problem.  Instead, we have a group willing to sacrifice in order to help you buy and sell items through NikeTalk.  Don't take that for granted.  You're not entitled to make money off of our site.  

Now, the biggest contributor to fraud these days is the "gift payment" method.  That's not even subject to debate.  It's a big problem and, since we changed the buy/sell forums to utilize an approval system, we've ALWAYS required users to include paypal costs in their prices and avoid adding surcharges.  Those are the terms you accepted from Paypal and those are the terms you accepted from NikeTalk.  Ultimately, whether or not you respect their policy is between you and PayPal - but you will respect our policy if you wish to use our service.

If I hear that a seller is trying to tack on a paypal surcharge - or that they're pushing users to pay by "gift," I'm going to block that seller's access to our buy/sell section.  If you want to make the same profit, include the paypal fee in the price.  

You may be trustworthy, and that's great, but we have to uphold a policy that ALL of our users will be expected to follow without exception.  EVERY seller is one bad transaction away from a ruined reputation.  We're not going to take chances with our users' money just so you can pocket a few extra bucks

If you don't like it, there's always craigslist.  

./thread

just like no one is being forced to buy which you clearly overlooked in the post....buy & pay the fees like the seller request/states in listing or dont & someone else will

I didn't "overlook" anything.  You are really failing to grasp something so simple.  We are talking about NikeTalk where it's against NT's rules so the seller shouldn't be requesting or stating it in their listing and no one should be doing it.  How are you not understanding this?

@red mpls when have i broken rules selling on niketalk

I never claimed or even insinuated that you have.

so whats your point.... buy it & pay the fees or dont & someone else will
My point is that people who break paypal's rules are not honest sellers.
They would rather screw over buyers buy making them pay 4% fees that they as sellers are supposed to pay so they can earn more cash.

* note to self ingore any pm's from iYen regarding items being sold*

back to the program
GET OVER IT!

im a very honest buyer/seller never scammed a soul & has never been scammed... when i make a listing ebay/cl/nt/anywhere i state i accept paypal & i dont pay the 4% fees & my prices dont include shipping... once that is read & you still pm/email me, im under the impression you know the deal & what ill accept so there should be no problem your either goning to pay the extra or its going to be sent asa gift.......

laugh.gif
at "GET OVER IT."  It's against NT's rules so... clearly YOU'RE going to have to get over it...

Originally Posted by Method Man

i do things my way within the rules of niketalk. 
I hate to break it to you, but this has always been the rule: 
10. PAYPAL SURCHARGES ARE NOT ALLOWED.It is against the law to charge an extra fee for accepting payments through PayPal (see Section VI of their Payments Policy - you must be logged in): 

https://www.paypal.com/us...=p/gen/ua/policy_payments 
Quote:
No Surcharges. Under Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express regulations and the laws of several states, including California, merchants may not charge a fee to the buyer for accepting credit card payments (often called a "surcharge" . You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as payment. This restriction does not prevent you from imposing a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge (in other words, the handling fee for transactions paid through PayPal may not be higher than the handling fee for transactions paid through other payment methods) .

While we are not OBLIGATED to enforce these policies, it benefits our users to do so in that it protects buyers from paying such charges and sellers from violating their terms of service agreements and any applicable state laws. Any thread that is submitted that is applying a Papypal surcharge or found to include hidden Paypal fees will be deleted on sight. Members who choose to continue to violate this rule will be temporarily or permanently banned. There are NO EXCEPTIONS. 

I'll say it again:  our goal was to minimize the occurrence of fraud on our forums.  The easiest way to do this would be to eliminate buy/sell entirely and just make it someone else's problem.  Instead, we have a group willing to sacrifice in order to help you buy and sell items through NikeTalk.  Don't take that for granted.  You're not entitled to make money off of our site.  

Now, the biggest contributor to fraud these days is the "gift payment" method.  That's not even subject to debate.  It's a big problem and, since we changed the buy/sell forums to utilize an approval system, we've ALWAYS required users to include paypal costs in their prices and avoid adding surcharges.  Those are the terms you accepted from Paypal and those are the terms you accepted from NikeTalk.  Ultimately, whether or not you respect their policy is between you and PayPal - but you will respect our policy if you wish to use our service.

If I hear that a seller is trying to tack on a paypal surcharge - or that they're pushing users to pay by "gift," I'm going to block that seller's access to our buy/sell section.  If you want to make the same profit, include the paypal fee in the price.  

You may be trustworthy, and that's great, but we have to uphold a policy that ALL of our users will be expected to follow without exception.  EVERY seller is one bad transaction away from a ruined reputation.  We're not going to take chances with our users' money just so you can pocket a few extra bucks

If you don't like it, there's always craigslist.  

./thread

Thank you Meth!

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif

Tim F.

Cedric
Have fun selling on NT.

tired of shady sellers? 
laugh.gif
 you do know nt has the lowest prices on the kicks sold than anywhere online right? i must say i have received some pretty sweet deals on here

Thank you Meth!

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif

Tim F.

Cedric
Have fun selling on NT.

tired of shady sellers? 
laugh.gif
 you do know nt has the lowest prices on the kicks sold than anywhere online right? i must say i have received some pretty sweet deals on here

^^ absolutely. Saw some DS black/red XIIIs for $250 & some DS cdp XIIIs for $200 along with several other nice deals. I love this site.

^^ absolutely. Saw some DS black/red XIIIs for $250 & some DS cdp XIIIs for $200 along with several other nice deals. I love this site.

i appreciate the buy sell fourm. it works effectively for me when i wanna sell stuff.

my only pet peeve is that you can't charge 4% paypal fees in your listings.

co-sign. i love the buy sell forum. i've been very fortunate to have bought from the good NTers. i agree buyers should have the option to pay the paypal fees instead of using as gift.

i appreciate the buy sell fourm. it works effectively for me when i wanna sell stuff.

my only pet peeve is that you can't charge 4% paypal fees in your listings.

co-sign. i love the buy sell forum. i've been very fortunate to have bought from the good NTers. i agree buyers should have the option to pay the paypal fees instead of using as gift.

WHEN I SELL, I ALWAYS PRE-CALCULATE SHIPPING AND PAYPAL FEES INTO MY STARTING ASKING PRICE....THIS IS ALL I BELIEVE METHOD MAN IS TRYING TO GET ACROSS.

WHEN YOU ASK BUYERS TO PAY AS A GIFT, YOU ARE BREAKING NT'S BUY/SELL RULES...IT ISN'T ENFORCED MUCH THOUGH BECAUSE EVERYTIME I GO INTO THE 10.5/11 FORUM. EVERY SELLER IS ASKING BUYERS TO PAY AS A GIFT...  

THE FEW TIMES I'VE DONE THAT I'VE FELT AS IF I WAS ABOUT TO BE SCAMMED....

WHEN I SELL, I ALWAYS PRE-CALCULATE SHIPPING AND PAYPAL FEES INTO MY STARTING ASKING PRICE....THIS IS ALL I BELIEVE METHOD MAN IS TRYING TO GET ACROSS.

WHEN YOU ASK BUYERS TO PAY AS A GIFT, YOU ARE BREAKING NT'S BUY/SELL RULES...IT ISN'T ENFORCED MUCH THOUGH BECAUSE EVERYTIME I GO INTO THE 10.5/11 FORUM. EVERY SELLER IS ASKING BUYERS TO PAY AS A GIFT...  

THE FEW TIMES I'VE DONE THAT I'VE FELT AS IF I WAS ABOUT TO BE SCAMMED....

this dude iYen coppin pleas and trying to run around my logical questions. what a clown and troll. people like that disgust me

Meth has already explained the rules so refuting your argument isn't going to achieve anything.
You can either follow NT's rules or sell elsewhere.
You can insult me all you want but the fact remains, you're wrong.

Back
Top Bottom