Buying Refurbished Electronics?? Yay or NaY

shoefreak14

Banned
What do you think NT? I am skeptical about it, but sometimes you can get some good deals.

depends. if it's something easily fixable, then yes. if it's really new technology and it seems hard to fix, then get it new w/warranty.

If I buy something refurbished, I usually buy a new one and swap it out and return then return it. Couldn't do it on the ipod though since them bastardscan keep track of the serial # and I just tried to look lost when apply guy told me. I've had the refurbished ipod for almost 2 years now though so I guessit can't be THAT bad.

^not if u got insurance... when it craps out u get a brand new one
wink.gif

I say yay-yay. My Nikon D40 is refurbished. Takes photos no differently than anyone else with a brand new one. Sometimes with refurbished products they fixproblems that might've existed when the item was brand new. So if you're not superficial and you want to save money, I say do it.

I purchased a refurbished iPhone from the online Apple store. I received it brand spanking new, and with the same warranty as a new one. Yay for me.

Originally Posted by Dynasty Raider

Sometimes with refurbished products they fix problems that might've existed when the item was brand new.

This makes good sense.

Originally Posted by tecca nena

on phones its a nay

Why ? You know when u break your phone the one you get back is refurbished right ?
I just bought a refurbished computer so ill see how that goes. It haswarranty though just in case.

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

I purchased a refurbished iPhone from the online Apple store. I received it brand spanking new, and with the same warranty as a new one. Yay for me.

So how does that work again?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

Originally Posted by tecca nena

on phones its a nay

Why ? You know when u break your phone the one you get back is refurbished right ?
I just bought a refurbished computer so ill see how that goes. It has warranty though just in case.
refurbished phones still suck. but a lot of times it depends on the company refurbishing them and how good of a job they do. if you get it straightfrom the carrier then your in better hands... if you get it from an insurance company your more than likely screwed...

I just got a refurbished 42" LCD from Phillips and it is amazing....not a scratch or knick anywhere on it...looks brand spanking new...paid 650 for a42" 1080p flat screen i aint mad

my friend bought a brand new ps3 and it was bricked upon arrival.. and apparently this is a wide spread problem (unlike 360s that brick after some use..regardless if its fixed or not)

in cases like this.. i'd take a refurb model i know has been fixed already and cheaper

Back
Top Bottom