Calling all leasing agents** Help me find an APT in NYC

yea, i look at it liek this......even if i got a great deal in nyc on rent, every other F'ing living expense is still too expensive for me at this moment....so ill just chooce north brooklyn/queens.....

as for the neighborhood, i do want a safe area. I want my girl to be safe. I dont want her walking by herself in a bad area at 10 pm coming home from work. It was happen here and there, but id prefer to be very near a subway station and in a "decent" area at a minimum. Gotta get the pepper spray and am considering pistol and lessons for her. If she were ever hurt in those kind of circumstances to some punk on the streets, id never regret it, just because we wanted to save some money....

I look A LOT on craigslist......just so i can get a feel for the prices even though no one is lookign to rent for aug-sep right now......

but, the link u sent has no pics....and mazbe that is my downfall......im reallz onlz paying attention to links that have pics......i mean, if they cant put pictures, it just seems like a rediculous waste of time.....who is selling an apt but has no camera????

And just so you know, North Brooklyn doesn't refer to the northern most part of the borough which is closest to Manhattan. That area is actually called South Brooklyn (as opposed to southern Brooklyn, which would be Coney Island).

I think that is going to be your toughest obstacle. I could never

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."​

yea, i want to look at it....

we plan on visiting between aug 7...21 and looking around for those 2 weeks in perosn......what is north brooklyn then?

wsup .... my uncle lives in elmhurst nice area....saw him the other day and asked him how much he pays...I think he said around 1060 per month.....so I guess living around there shouldn't be so bad....

my money goes to nike .... if that matters...

Wanted:sz 6.5 or 7 DS am1b atmos safari or urawa am1

If you mean the area closest to Manhattan (the neighborhoods you would want to move to), that is South Brooklyn. I don't think there is a North Brooklyn, as funny as that sounds. The northern most part of Brooklyn is called "South Brooklyn." I'm not sure why they call it that.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."​

do you think using craigslist to go to open houses between august 7-21 will be good enough to find me an apt on or before sept 1?........or do you think HAVE to pay for a broker?.....im just trying to prepare myself for what is coming soon.....all the help has been awesome an much appreciated....great advice

Quote:
elmherst

elmhurst

But what part of queens do you prefer? I can check around elmhurst since im around there alot or flushing where i live
Wanted: Atmos am1(cement)8.5, atmos af1 8, 3m snakes 8, supreme blazer(red) 8.5.

Random pics of Elmhurst for those who were curious.

22331409.jpg

22470305.jpg

21173357.jpg

22347024.jpg

buildingbroadwayrc8.gif

nya116ht1.jpg

nya115ik0.jpg
Teamless

KiiCkZ4DaYz

in my situation, i havent developed a huge preference......just wanted to list the info i know and want to stick to as i did in the first post......and just seeing what kinda advice anyone can throw at me.......got any?.....appreciation in advance....

damn, i guess another point i need to mention......at this point, we could have a car....but we are deciding to save monez on insurance, gas, etc......and just not have a car....and hopefullz get an apt close to a subway....is elmhurst liveable without a car?

Very much so, there's about three or so subway entrances in the neighborhood plus plenty of buses
TEAM [Scrubs]
I just stab my way up the weaponry chain. Have a knife, but need a gun? Stab a cop. Have a gun, but need explosives? Shoot a construction worker. Blow up an army guard post. Drive your tank into a nuclear missile silo, and so on.

nah you can ind a 2 bedroom for 1200 in certian areas. i know spotsn near me that got 2 bedrooms for 700 hundred and this is boropark bk. u just gotta search hard man. if u want hit up www.craigslist.com a lot of cheap apartments will come up.

damn, those pics look crazy depressing....i'm glad I stay in So Cal
but NY is a great place to visit though.

edit: wait, I act like SoCal doesnt have depressing areas :lol:
laugh.gif
---<span style="color:white;font-family:times new roman;font-size:large;"><!-----<strong>TEAM CALLAWAY</strong><!-----</span><!-----

^the town looks terrible in the winter but on the plus side, its where they filmed 'Coming to America' :D
happy.gif
TEAM [Scrubs]I just stab my way up the weaponry chain. Have a knife, but need a gun? Stab a cop. Have a gun, but need explosives? Shoot a construction worker. Blow up an army guard post. Drive your tank into a nuclear missile silo, and so on.

I can't speak on Elmhurst (or almost any of Queens for that matter, although I suspect it's the same) but there are quite a few places in Brooklyn where not having a car makes more sense if you work in the city. Every neighborhood I've mentioned as of yet would be an example.

Car insurance rates in NY are extremely high, nevermind gas prices. Subway and express buses are the best way to go.

true.....thats what i figured.....but that pic.....makes me think id be walking 3 miles to just get groceries.....and then let alone getting a hundred dollars of groceries back to the crib....my girl loves to cook.....yes i think im the luckiest man alive.....damn, she can cook like a beast

but im glad i dont need a car then.....

in queens you should look into forest hills, rego park, long island city
in brookyln i would suggest greenpoint and the northside of williamsburg
I'm not sure about $$$'s but a studio in the upper west side can go anywhere from 1400-2000+ so I assume getting a
one bedroom in Brooklyn or Queens in that price range will not be too difficult.
Nike ID 255 Studio Invite Card for sale email reds_stich@yahoo.com[/center]

my fathers owns the house im living in now, and people on the first floor moving out end of august. i live in Queens.

its a 3 bedroom, living room and, 1 bathroom apartment. my pops bought the house for almost a million a year ago, so u know wat you are moving into. PM me if interested. $1700 by the way.

1800 is more than reasonable if you're going to live in brooklyn or queens.

my friends recently moved into a 2 family house where they're renting the second floor for $1500. 3 bedrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen, bathroom, etc. etc. the only downside is that utilties aren't included. it's in bay ridge and i'm sure other nyc nters can also agree that it is a pretty safe neighborhood, lots of areas to shop.

right now, i'm sorta in the same situation as you, hopefully moving out by end of aug - sept. just look around... you have enough money to rent out a nice place.

Quote:
: -->
mad.gif
lol where? in the ghetto? nyc isn't cheap
dude, with a budget of $1800 a month, you can get a one bedroom studio in the city.

U misunderstood....its all good...i alreadz explained myself...anyways

AQPHAME

got a link with details?.....that seems kinda pricey for a 1 bathroom.....and i realize ur father spent a million......but hoenstly, thats about as cheap as youll find a house form my research...but id def be interested in seeing some detaisl about the place...thanks!!....pm me or aim me...or email me at jamestpeach@gmail.com

The Sickle

they get the 2nd floor and the 2nd floor alone has 3 bedrooms?....am i reading that right?....so is it three friend that pay 500 each and a total of 1500?....i need to meet up with some people.....are u moving to nyc too.....looking for roomies?...haha.....hit me up aim or somethign if u wanna chat about living situation since ur in the same position...

Back
Top Bottom