Calling All NT Graphic Designers

Nice job but I knew it wouldn't scale down properly. You almost can't even make out what it says. Sometimes textures are a little too much for small logos, which is why you should just leave it as a vector and not bring in pixels.

I wish MSTRPLN would hop on this. Dude can pump out these proper and do a nice one. Someone should PM him.

Also I saw this online. Something like this would be cool imo.

View media item 652977

Some other inspiration (not my stuff)

philippine-flag.jpg
%24(KGrHqJ,!lgFC2frsj(8BQ9Dl3627g~~60_35.JPG
mbmYXzy690AEVKZjfA3Y9hw.jpg

I keep telling myself that I need to cut things off, but it's difficult with so many great submissions still coming in.  

To stress a point made earlier, we really want these to mesh well with the existing badges.  Many of the people contributing to our Haiyan fundraiser also participated in our Somalia and Japan fundraisers.  They'll have all three badges displayed side by side in their signatures.

These are also images that people will see ALL the time in the forums.  They can't be visually fatiguing.  

The ideal submission is therefore:
  • Clean
  • Simple
  • Flat 
  • Iconic
It's a challenge, because what separates a great design here isn't so much the application or the special effects as much as your sense of scale and composition.  

I would liken this to the difference between designing a team/corporate logo and designing a flier or album cover.  We've all seen examples of the latter that are littered with every "special effect" imaginable.  A dozen lens flares, drop shadows in every direction, 3d embossing... 

We're looking for the polar opposite of that.  We want simple and elegant.  

Keep up the great work, everyone.  I'm always amazed by the skill and creativity of our fellow members. 

Wow, some great work in here!

Can't wait to see the final badges. I'm going to donate now.

How do we get our old badges back? Do I just copy/paste them into my sig? I just had the basic tier 1 badges..

I am going to kick myself for this cause I design real slow but I am going to take a stab at this tonight and see if I can come up with something.

Wow, some great work in here!

Can't wait to see the final badges. I'm going to donate now.

How do we get our old badges back? Do I just copy/paste them into my sig? I just had the basic tier 1 badges..
Badges are user awards and have to be applied by a staff member.  In addition to appearing in your signature, they also show up in your profile: 

http://niketalk.com/u/39256/tree4twenty

Due to the platform change the old badges had to be added manually.  I've added yours to your account. 

Please make sure that the blue stripe is above the red stripe, as it stands for peace. Red over blue stands for war.

This is just an image I pulled off of google as an example.

View media item 653193

Edit: Although, I do like the outline of the Philippine Islands.

I like the matte kind of color scheme that futurehendrix futurehendrix is using.

I too agree that they should match the previous badges. I do not believe any cause NT has supported is greater than the next, and that they should all be able to work well as a collection to demonstrate the community support we have here.

Last edited:
I like this one the best. There has been some amazing stuff in this thread 

Thanks. I kind of wanted to put the sun in the text to follow the previous badges, but the rays just distorted the text too much. Made it look really bad against a black background.

i70g1v.png

Flatter colors, different sun placement.

So far this is my vote, although I would like to see more of an outline of the NKETLK logo. Maybe some drop shadow?

I think some drop shadow would compliment the sun in the background. If you could center the shadow, it would be as if the shawdows coming from the sun. :smokin But I don't know how you could do that with a black background. :tongue:

Not trying to step on your design btw. 8)

Last edited:
View media item 649812
I wanted to skate it to see if it looked okay. I think if it was a tad brighter on the blue, it would be perfect.

View media item 653433
And like this design a lot just need to get the colors right. Red has too much yellow in it and the white blends with the yellow too much. Maybe darken the yellow? A couple of more tweaks and that one seems golden as well.

^^^^Very cool man. Was going to say add a drop shadow.

Real dumb question but what is the font of the NKETLK wording? I swear I am so bad with fonts.

I used Impact. I only have the "faux" italics option which doesn't do much so I had to skew it sideways myself.

29zudee.png

Added a light shadow, slightly made the red more .. "red" and darkened the white a tad.

Great stuff Nawzlew!

I like this one the best. Readable and thematic at the same time. It would fit right in with previous badges

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom