Calling All NT Graphic Designers

@Nawzlew just change the placement of the blue and red. its important to put the blue and red right cus they symbolize somethng on the flag. in a normal position, the blue shud be on top of the red, when the white part of the flag is on the bottom, the blue shud be on the left. hth overall good job!

Done!

2118378.png

I'm going to get super filipino up in here to give some inspiration, since I can't really put up any designs.

These are shields/logos of Escrima clubs. These shields symbolize war, however, the philosophy of Eskrima is about re-working energy, whether in self-defense or in real life. Re-working Escrima shields into something humanitarian is a mirror to higher-level trainings of Eskrima that are really only native and taught in the Philippine Islands.

I find it fitting that we utilize war technology in a humanitarian effort to save lives. I also find it fitting to symbolize elite badges for the donations.

View media item 653696

The triangle is important as well and is often used in FMA clubs. Here are some examples of the humanitarian philosophy and re-working of energy.

View media item 653697

View media item 653698

Some antique shields:

View media item 653661

View media item 653665

Niketalk in Baybayin:

View media item 653687View media item 653686View media item 653685View media item 653684

I think you can get away without the last "ka" or even just an "Ni" "ta" for "NT"

The Flag Symbols and Meaning

The blue colour of the Philippine flag is the symbol for peace, truth, and justice. The red is the symbol for patriotism and valour. The white triangle is the symbol for equality and fraternity. It is also symbolize the Katipunan, the secret Filipino society who stands against the Spanish rule. The three golden stars in the corners of the triangle, represent the three major group of island in the Philippines, namely the Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. The golden sun at the center of the triangle is the symbol for unity, freedom, people's democracy, and sovereignty. The sun has eight rays around it. Each ray represents one of the first eight provinces that started the 1896 Philippine revolution against Spanish colony. These provinces are Manila, Cavite, Bulacan, Pampanga, Nueva Ecija, Tarlac, Laguna and Batangas.

Placing The Flag

The Philippine National Flag has its specific orientation and placing it otherwise will create a different meaning. The orientation explained here is in reference from the observer’s view. In horizontal position the blue stripe should be over the red and the white triangle to the left end of the flag. In vertical position, the blue stripe should be at the left and the red to the right while the white triangle must be on top. These are the normal orientations of the flag in either horizontal or vertical position during peace time. However, during the state of war, the flag orientation will change having the red stripe to be positioned above the blue stripe. The white triangle however, will always stay the same on its normal orientation.

I appreciate all of the great submissions thus far - as well as the important cultural information regarding to ensure that all submissions are accurate and respectful.  

As much as I'd love to wait through the weekend to give everyone a chance to give this their best, contributions are waning and we need to get these badges up and running to improve visibility for our donation drive. 

Badges never fail to raise awareness and, most importantly, funds for disaster relief efforts.  The better the badges, the more likely users are to ask "hey, how'd you get that?"  

Everyone suffering in the aftermath of Super Typhoon Haiyan deserves our very best effort - and don't forget that we're going to match all donations made through our fundraising page over the next couple of weeks. 

If you're interested in submitting a design of your own, please make sure you do so TONIGHT.  Tomorrow, we have to go live with the final badges.  To ensure that your submission is considered, you'll need to post it ASAP.  

Last edited:
The new badges are indeed up and you can check them out here:
[thread="574444"]Please Consider Supporting Relief And Recovery Efforts In The Philippines In The Wake Of Super Typhoon Haiyan  [/thread]
Turning to our fellow members for their creativity and skill was definitely the right call here.  Thanks so much to EVERYONE who contributed!

As much as I'd love to use MORE than three designs, we need to keep things fairly simple for implementation purposes. 

I think it's fair to say that EVERYONE who submitted was a big help.  As the thread went on, it was clear that you were all inspiring each other - and inspiring your fellow members to donate to the cause.  The overall level of quality on display here really raised the bar.  You guys definitely brought out the best in each other and I truly believe that it's going to help us raise even more money to support relief and recovery efforts in the Philippines.  

The entire staff and I are truly appreciative of your efforts. 

Back
Top Bottom