Calling all OG's - 1999-2005ish

Damn... started lurking in 03 at 15 years old. I'm 29 now. This is my second sn and it's been damn near 10 years on this name. Geez man.

I'll probably never leave...I got three different tabs open on my work and home computers. Plus 3 on mobile.

I'm not sure when I started lurking and created my first screen name [kanye shrug]

I joined in 2000 after someone on eBay suggested I visit here to try and find some Flightposite's I was after.

Living in the United Kingdom I looked to Collie27 a lot and he dropped loads of knowledge on all sorts of spots in London I had no idea about. I also remember Jersey Joe who I think posted some early Jordan XVI samples that no one believed to be true (they were). Living in the UK it was so easy to buy sneakers back then. I remember in the summer of 1999 the sales racks of Footlocker and the recently opened Niketown London was full of Jordan 14's, specifically the white/red colourway and the Indiglo's. I passed and instead bought some Air Vis Zoom Uptempos :rofl:The following year on the sales rack would be Concorde 11's, Space Jams and Olympic VI's. Other random memories:
  • The madness of the 2000 retro of the Jordan 11's which earned its own dedicated forum.
  • The news ticker that used to be at the top of the page and around the release of the Jordan XVI it said something like "Yes, we know the song is Umi Says".
  • Neck-breakers was the lingo back then for hot sneakers
  • There used to be someone who worked for Nike and would post loads of upcoming stuff no one knew about. I think his username was something along the lines of EKIN
  • I may be imagining this but I'm sure early 2000's there was beef with the Instyleshoes.com message board.
  • 9/11 - was pretty crazy to read peoples stories who were in NYC that day. More than one person was saying they had family in the towers and couldn't get hold of them.

video_image-029731.jpg

Started lurking in '02 after my friends and I started getting heavy into sneakers. I remember my buddy Ant going on a black and red website everyday during 8th period computers class. He's long out of the game now, but me and the homie Champ still hold it down.

I wish I still had my OG SN, Detroit Lions 8 (shout outs Mike McMahon lol).

NT has taught me so much about culture, life, music, fashion, sneakers, etc. I couldn't even begin to talk about how much this site has meant to my growth over the years.

August 2001, aged 13. This is my 2nd screename. I was on Neoprodigy or JumpmanST.com, looking for Jordan 17 prototypes. Came across NT. Been G'd up ever since! I'm 29 years old now. Over half my life browsing NT :wow::nthat:

Still here after 17 years and still buying sneakers. I started lurking in 1999/2000 but didn't sign up till around 01' and it took forever to get approved hence my 02' join date. A lot has changed that's for sure

Ugh the feels bro.

2004 in the house. I've never been a super active poster, but I definitely remember most of these moments.

Here's my top highlight and low light.

Highlight: daviditzz getting exposed for his Brazilian trip fraud. Funniest NT detective work ever.

Lowlight: I found my HS gf was low key ****in around (found some forum she posted on and sent pics to guys). So, like any NT beta, I made a post about it. Someone on NT sent her the thread via MySpace (really crazy NT detective work there) and ruined the relationship.

How many of you OG's still use and post with their original screenname? I've never changed mine so just curious.

How many of you OG's still use and post with their original screenname? I've never changed mine so just curious.

original screenname, original Avy lol.

Never posted much but seriously NT has been such an integral part of my life since 01. I took a break from buying sneakers in college because i was broke but i was still on NT daily and ventured out from the JB forum and into the others. The rap battles of the music forum were so hyped back in mid 2000s.

When I started at my current job I was walking through the office and saw a black/red screen and had to do a double take because 1. I've never known anyone else in RL that's on NT and 2. NT isn't blocked at my work :nthat:

original screenname, original Avy lol.

Never posted much but seriously NT has been such an integral part of my life since 01. I took a break from buying sneakers in college because i was broke but i was still on NT daily and ventured out from the JB forum and into the others. The rap battles of the music forum were so hyped back in mid 2000s.

When I started at my current job I was walking through the office and saw a black/red screen and had to do a double take because 1. I've never known anyone else in RL that's on NT and 2. NT isn't blocked at my work :nthat:

Never much of a poster myself either, and never had an avy... I mean I've been on here almost 17 yrs and have less than 400 posts... I also took a break for a while, even sold my whole collection which was huge. I'm now back at full force ( I've copped around 20 pairs in the last couple months) with the trunners dropping again and jumpman pros and other heat thats been dropping lately. I do miss the campouts and shoes actually selling out though, made it so much more fun, especially if you had a connect (shout out to Nick at Active Athlete).

Lurked since 02-think I joined in 04, you can tell by my post count that I rarely posted but I was on everyday whenever I got free time. Met a bunch of cool people. Ran into Ninja a few times around the city but never mentioned I was a NT'er just kept the kicks and clothes based. I remember when the general section took over the site, fun times.

Checking in as well. Getting tougher to keep up to date with everything on here lately, but I'm not going anywhere (although I have not been active in plenty of sub-forums here... and really have only lurked General, except for the Women threads that are gone now).

Like many in here, NT has been a big part of my life for many years now; also like many here, NT has been a part of my life for half of my life at this point. I have always lived in smaller areas in the mountain west region, so NT has really served as my guide for this "lifestyle" due to the lack of Nike/Jordan/sportswear culture.

Lurked since 01. Joined after. Never had much e-fame. More of a under the radar type guy.

Back
Top Bottom