Camping out "Dealing with Wife/Girlfriend" Employment

where do they even let you sit outside that long? they write you a ticket for trespassing or loitering or somthin here..they wouldnt even let people get in line till 5 am for the concords and it turned into crap quick..can't see any lagit business having stinkin kids campin on there sidewalk for a week

So for the people that have been camping out for these wack sneakers.... how do they go on for a week with out taking a shower or use the bath room or eat?
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Camping that long isn't necessarily new. I remember when the Stash 95's and AF1's dropped at Nort a few years ago, dudes were camped out a week early, right up that little ramp going up to the front entrance when Nort was there on Lafayette St. I'd love a pair of each of those, but I can't imagine it's worth that kind of time. I waited a couple of hours in line for the cement iv's and missed em and I'm still heated at the time wasted. These foams are so limited, you KNOW that there's gonna be mad heads walking away with nothing after camping outside for a WEEK.

Also, to the people asking what they tell their wives/girlfriends, you REALLY think someone who's priorities lead them to sleeping in the street for a week for a pair of kicks has a wifey at home? I doubt they have the type of personality that lands them a chic. These shoes = a 3-way to them.

iuno cause think about other things ppl have lined up days etc... for concert tickets, video game systems, and remember the whole "elmo" fiasco. It was folks literally out there for days to get one. Im assuming these dudes had a wife/g/f because its a kids toy. Or when ppl lined up for the wii. I saw parents etc dads etc folks camped out for it. I even remember when the 360 came out i actually saw dudes chics come to like bring them food, relieve them to the bathroom etc..

And lets not forget black fridays.... it be couples hell families camped out for it

I've only camped out for 3 items in my life and I'm 1 for 3. I camped for the DMP's for 12 hours; were the first ones at the mall. This chick was supposed to buy me the DMP's for a graduation gift but when i got to her house the night before release she started cattin talkin about her mom wouldn't let her leave the house. So i had to drive an hour and a half back to my house at like 1am to get a loan from my sister, while my friends waited in line for me and 1 of my boys. We get back by like 2 somethin or almost 3. These idiots who i considered friends lined up at the wrong damn door so none of us got any DMP's cuz these idiots didt have enough sense to line 1 person up at each door in case they were at the wrong one.

2nd time i camped and failed was when the PS3 came out same year. I stayed in line at best buy and i was like the 36th one and people were saying they were supposed to get between 30 and 40 so I was right in the middle. Then there was a circuit city right next door which only had like 12 people in line and they were supposed to get between 10-15. I had to make a choice so i chose circuit city and lost. I camped for 24 hours. As soon as i heard people around my way were starting to line up i was out there. I camped on 1 day i had school so this girl i was F'n with at the time came and waited in line for me after she got out of skool and let me take a shower and go to skool. I was only gone for 3-4 hours so it wasn that bad for her. She brought me food and stuff in line so if you gotta a ride or die girl that will hold you down its really not that bad.

3rd and last item i camped for is the Spacejams. I got off work at 11 took a shower, went straight to valley fair mall waited in line for 8 hours and i got my sz 14. Then ordered a 13 from a euro site. And i went to 1 of my fall back mom and pop stores no one knows about to get my 3rd pair and my lil cuzin wanted a pair and her and her siblings don't really get j's or expensive shoes like that so i bought her a pair and skipped out on my 3rd pair. *feltgoodman*

I have nothing against camping, if you got the time and you want the shoes REALLY bad for yourself and NOT to sell to somebody you don't even know, do what you does. Only shoe i will camp for this year is the yeezy 2's @ HOH in Sac or Serramonte. Other than that I'm preordering at least 1-2 pair of J's i want this year for myself and trying NDC or other midnght release sites as a plan B. Then camp as a plan C. Either way I'm coming out with 2 pairs of every shoe i want at the least. Also if you camp like I do, order pizza. Bring about a half oz of some green. Dress with like 3 layers with gloves an bring an ipod and other gadgets to kill time its really no that bad. I've also networked and made some connections to cop an trade some shoes at campouts.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Dudes been camping since Saturday, it's by far the most pitiful thing I've witnessed and an all time low in this "shoe game"

-no way these dudes have regular jobs
-no way they care one but about grades
-and I know my wife would laugh in my face if I even talked about sleeping on the street like a damn bum for a whole week for kicks, if I actually did it I wouldn't blame her if she left me, what type of man does that

Sad thing is dudes think they make a killing reselling these, if they actually had a real job they'll most likely make more hourly than what theyve invested waiting to get these....these clowns suck at math.
I did the math and if they've been out camping since Mon that means by time sat comes they would be outside for 120 hrs, if they resell them lets just say $600 they will only be making $5/hr. Not to mention the weather conditions and chances of being robbed in their sleep plus the funk they incur.
Like what would they do if somebody ran by and dumped buckets of water on them? If they chase them they lose their spot in line, if they don't they just have to sit there wet and embarrased. Its a lose lose. These guys need to grow up, Very pathetic 

30t6p3b.gif

Talk in the streets is these would go for 1k+
roll.gif
dudes are wildinnnnnng is they drop over 1k on foams.Even if they make an 800$ profit and spent 4 days camping, that still doesn't even amount to 10/hrThese dudes are clowns and deserve to get bombed with eggs...
Grinch-Smile-GIF-the-grinch-27844611-500-363.gif

+ you figure most of these @@$%#!%# are out there just because they wanna flip em. If they all got jobs and just let people get the shoes they want without incurring a big +@# line, everyone's lives would be better off. Those hours spent waiting could be turned into way more profitable time at a PT job so they won't have to resell making ~$5 an hour doing that %#%+ while raising the prices for everyone solely interested in the shoes. Either way, my days of buying useless +@# Jordans are over. If I buy me a basketball shoe it better perform...only money I'm dropping towards these stores are gonna be on Kobes or hyper whatevers

Lol man, they're nicer to look at in a case or on top a shoe box than on someone's actual feet.

How much is retail on these anyways?

Retail is 220$ but I heard people talking about resell value being 2k

LAS GUEVAS!

People were getting mollywhopped the second they turned the corner at the release of the red foams a few weeks back in the bronx ...that has to be the worst L ever, waiting on line for days, getting your pair and then get robbed the second you step out the store
roll.gif

you know what would be funny if someone on nt uploaded a video of folks camped out and they had one of those old school huge super soakers, filled it with bleach and just did a streetsweeping driveby on the fools.. i would damn probably paypal someone to do it...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by MonStar1

If you have that much time then you have no responsibilities or reselling is your job

Or you could just use a day of leave? 
grin.gif

there's dudes out there for 3-7 days tho. 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by MonStar1

If you have that much time then you have no responsibilities or reselling is your job

Or you could just use a day of leave? 
grin.gif
Dudes been lined up since Monday. Thats 5 days, DC. 
Sex>Shoes.

People were getting mollywhopped the second they turned the corner at the release of the red foams a few weeks back in the bronx ...that has to be the worst L ever, waiting on line for days, getting your pair and then get robbed the second you step out the store
roll.gif

roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I didn't hear about this.

Great question OP.  I've been wondering the same thing for years.
 I've stood in line twice for a pair of shoes.  I did two hours last weekend for the White/Cement IVs, and an hour for the Grape Vs years ago...and I called that camping.
But you have grown men with sleeping bags, tents, hot plate and beanie-weanies...really camping for days...in the middle of the city!

I honestly can't see any woman, employer sticking around for this type of stuff.

What trips me out is the dudes who bring their girlfriends with them. Like, how do you keep a relationship? Most women don't even like REAL camping but they out there in bone chilling weather with their "man" copping some sneakers? Then again, every girl now-a-days are wearing sneakers and back to dressing like boys like in early 90s so I guess.

Never thought the day where TLC was sexy cause they dressed in men clothing would come back but as the saying goes...history repeats itself.

I predict the wearing of condoms as an accessory will be back as well.

Man I had the boys style on lock when I was younger. I would love to see that come. Ack in style. I wouldn't participate but id love it for nostalgia purposes.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Man I had the boys style on lock when I was younger. I would love to see that come. Ack in style. I wouldn't participate but id love it for nostalgia purposes.

i love to see dudes dressed like guys come back in style... not for nostalgia purposes, but its just im tired of seeing dudes thongs when they bend over or reach for something

Back
Top Bottom