Can $3 MILLION (CASH) Last You The Rest of Your Life?

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Can't believe some of the answers in here. If you said NO, then you need to take a class in personal finance or just smarten up altogether. There's no way 3m won't last for the rest of your life if you're even halfway smart about it.

Reminds me of all the ******ed lotto winners that win hundreds of millions, and are broke within the decade. I mean really?

The thing is, it is easy to say you'll be smart with the money. If it does happen, I'd be surprised is people didn't blow a mil in 1 year alone, especially here on NT. People here talking about living of the interest being $90k a year, are they really not going to touch that $3m in a year? If you have $3m in the bank, are people really going to leave it alone and not buy an R8 or a GT-R? I mean seriously, I can easily say oh yah I'd be very happy with a Porsche Catman S and leave it at that but most likeyly, if I had that $3m I'd also buy a Range Rover Sport and an Aston Martin. It's easy to say you'll be smart with the money if you don't have it. 

Can't believe some of the answers in here. If you said NO, then you need to take a class in personal finance or just smarten up altogether. There's no way 3m won't last for the rest of your life if you're even halfway smart about it.

Reminds me of all the ******ed lotto winners that win hundreds of millions, and are broke within the decade. I mean really?

The thing is, it is easy to say you'll be smart with the money. If it does happen, I'd be surprised is people didn't blow a mil in 1 year alone, especially here on NT. People here talking about living of the interest being $90k a year, are they really not going to touch that $3m in a year? If you have $3m in the bank, are people really going to leave it alone and not buy an R8 or a GT-R? I mean seriously, I can easily say oh yah I'd be very happy with a Porsche Catman S and leave it at that but most likeyly, if I had that $3m I'd also buy a Range Rover Sport and an Aston Martin. It's easy to say you'll be smart with the money if you don't have it. 

3 million alone no it couldnt but once I invest it i will be good 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

Exactly. Hence the way I responded. We can all agree that unless you make moves, you can't live on $3 million without lifting a finger in your life. It's just impossible. I don't see why this is so difficult to understand. Also with luxury, people have the capacity to be excessive and will buy on impulse if granted enough of the income to do so. If we didn't live in America (maybe in a third world country). I can see how $3 million is possible to live off of, but you guys are really pushing it 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

Exactly. Hence the way I responded. We can all agree that unless you make moves, you can't live on $3 million without lifting a finger in your life. It's just impossible. I don't see why this is so difficult to understand. Also with luxury, people have the capacity to be excessive and will buy on impulse if granted enough of the income to do so. If we didn't live in America (maybe in a third world country). I can see how $3 million is possible to live off of, but you guys are really pushing it 
laugh.gif

i know with the little change i have i buy those "fancy" wrapped $4 chocolate brands instead of good ol $0.99 Hershey so im sure id splurge alot of it away.

if you are honest on your current spending rate vs cash earned, you'd probably blow this $3M in ten years.

not impossible though.

new house (foreclosure), 09 whip(s),  furniture new,  thats a $1M right there

i know with the little change i have i buy those "fancy" wrapped $4 chocolate brands instead of good ol $0.99 Hershey so im sure id splurge alot of it away.

if you are honest on your current spending rate vs cash earned, you'd probably blow this $3M in ten years.

not impossible though.

new house (foreclosure), 09 whip(s),  furniture new,  thats a $1M right there

Originally Posted by ALDY

Yessir.

I wouldn't be able to keep that 3Mill though..
It would keep on growing.

grin.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But yea, if I could only have 3 million I wouldnt be able to live of that. I could blow that in one day..........One 1 thing

2010-lamborghini-reventon-spyder.jpg

lamborghini-reventon-roadster-1.jpg

$2 Million price tag before taxes, options, maintenence, gas, etc.  
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
ohwell.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ALDY

Yessir.

I wouldn't be able to keep that 3Mill though..
It would keep on growing.

grin.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But yea, if I could only have 3 million I wouldnt be able to live of that. I could blow that in one day..........One 1 thing

2010-lamborghini-reventon-spyder.jpg

lamborghini-reventon-roadster-1.jpg

$2 Million price tag before taxes, options, maintenence, gas, etc.  
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
ohwell.gif
pimp.gif

Invest it in real estate, for example buy a few houses near colleges and rent them to college kids,

Buy a couple $250,000-300,000 4 bedroom houses, rent to 4 college kids @ $2000 a month (i am currently in college and am in this living situation along with a number of my friends)

House is paid off in 12.5 years, you are raking in 24k minimum per year per house minus insurance and taxes and maintenance, etc

So i'd have to say yes, I could make 3 million cash last the rest of my life.

Invest it in real estate, for example buy a few houses near colleges and rent them to college kids,

Buy a couple $250,000-300,000 4 bedroom houses, rent to 4 college kids @ $2000 a month (i am currently in college and am in this living situation along with a number of my friends)

House is paid off in 12.5 years, you are raking in 24k minimum per year per house minus insurance and taxes and maintenance, etc

3 or 4 years ago, no.

Now, after living thru the good and the bad, if and when I see that kind of bread, I'm never going back.

3 or 4 years ago, no.

Now, after living thru the good and the bad, if and when I see that kind of bread, I'm never going back.

Originally Posted by marcgrat

It isn't as easy as that. Granted if you even get approved to buy more than 2 houses, it isn't as simple as it was before. I doubt you'd pay cash for a home, you need a loan for some tax breaks. There are a lot of things to consider when buying multiple homes and renters aren't as easy to come by and if those houses around campuses are making money, how many are you going to find that are selling it? If you just buy any house, chances are you'd have to convert it to be suitable for college students. 

Back
Top Bottom