Can someone proofread and/or give suggestions to my resume? Thanks

Originally Posted by krazy88s

My objective only says "Full-time employment" Any suggestions??
Objective:
To obtain a position (with ____) in which I can utilize my experience, education and skills to gain new knowledge and contribute to problem solving andproactive ideas.

I've been told by professors do NOT put your GPA unless it's above 3.5.

Also, take off Six Flags as work experience. That's not going to help at all.

^^ Thanks. Again yall.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by DEpast

I've been told by professors do NOT put your GPA unless it's above 3.5.

Also, take off Six Flags as work experience. That's not going to help at all.

I wouldn't necessarily take it off, but I definently wouldn't have it stand out like you do.

I would structure it better for example

Name and directly under that put contact info/address

THEN on to the Headings

1. Objective
2. Education
3. Skills/Knowledge
4. Interests
5. Involvement (which is where you can list jobs)

The body of your resume has JOBS entirely too big and not really pertaining to your related field except for the Sports Study. I would restructure it entirelyto better use the page and provide more detail.

1. When you make an objective statement you need to make it directly address the specific position and company you are applying for.
So for instance:
To obtain a position as a (insert position you are applying for here) with (insert the company's name that you are applying at).
To obtain a position as a Mutual Fund Accountant with J&B Accounting Firm.

2. Try to make some of your experience statements more objective.
So for instance when you say you gathered, sorted and coded data let me know what type of data and how much. Tell me more about the experiment you performed. Idon't want a paragraph by any means but at least give me a more detailed statement so I have some kind of idea what you did there.

3. Since it's blacked out and I can't see if you did this already (I'm sure you did but just in case) it's always a good idea to make sure youhave your name, current address, phone number and e-mail address listed at the top.

All input has been taken into account.

This is my revised objective:

To obtain an entry level position with (_______) in which I will utilize and improve upon my experience, education, and skills to ultimately apply them as afamily & couples therapist.

^^ Looks and sounds better. I editted mine as well. After seeing this thread I had to upgrade. Anyone looking to post their resume for exposure should tryYahoo's hot jobs. I got 3 interviews the past 3 weeks. The jobs may not be worth a damn but you'll get the interview skills up.

looks like everyone has given you some good advice...i used to edit resume's as a side hustle. a few years ago i edited a NTer's resume and he ended upgetting an internship @ def jam....

i need to go back to editing resumes!

I don't even have an objective on mine. Mine begins with 'skills'. I just got hired onto my job yesterday and today was my first day. I heardthrough the grape vine that the boss said my resume wasn't very impressive but my interview blew everyone else's out of the water, which is why I gotthe job. I know my resume needs some adjustments.

I also agree with gearing your objective towards each particular job, but my 'general' resume has this

Objective
Toattain a position in the Finance or Accounting department of a growth oriented organization. To be an accomplishedcontributor with the ability to develop, implement, and perform strategies that will support the policies and objectives of the company

I'm a finance major btw, so don't know if that would help

Dirty, would you mind posting a 'general' resume that you have? of course block out all the important info, but just to get some ideas

Carried out experimentS (plural)
and Printer copying tasks sounds vague to me. Do you mean printer and copier tasks?

Back
Top Bottom