Can you handle a cold shower?

-Used to have to do that ishhh when the people in my crib used up all the hot water & when I went to visit my aunt in Jamaica..wasn't the highlight ofmy day..

Originally Posted by Hen Lin 32

Yes.

Ya'll need to man up.

Someone post the info and how healthy a cold shower is.

I'm too lazy
grin.gif
- I heard taking cold showers are good for you circulation.

Sure if it's hot enough outside. Hell I don't care if it's winter time and the hot water runs out, I'm still taking a shower regardless of howcold the water is. I know some people who would rather go to a hotel to ensure they get a hot shower if the hot water runs out in their house, but to meit's not that big of a deal.

I remember going on vacation in Mexico and the hot water would go out for days at a time in my town. I'm not going to go that long without a shower so Iguess I got used to taking cold showers during those times.

Yes.

Ya'll need to man up.

I'm too lazy
grin.gif
ay homie, i found a few things. Dude was right about it being better for your circulation

Cold showers have the following positive effects:

* Brings blood to the capillaries, therefore increasing circulation throughout the body.

* Cleans the circulatory system.

* Reduces blood pressure on internal organs.

* Provides flushing for the organs and provides a new supply of blood.

* Strengthens the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems.

* Contracts the muscles to eliminate toxins and poisonous wastes.

* Strengthens the mucous membranes, which help resist hay fever, allergies, colds, coughs.
Better looking skin
When you shower with warm water, it opens up your pores. Then you wash and this cleans up your pores. That's all good. When you end, it would be best toclose your pores and cold water does just that. It's good to close your pores after you are all cleaned up because it will prevent the pores from beingeasily clogged by dirt and oil, which causes skin imperfections such as acne for example.

Healthier hair

Cold water makes your hair look healthier and shinier. As a matter of fact, cool air makes your hair shinier too (that's why there is a cool air button onyour hair dryer). What the cold water does is that it closes the cuticle which makes the hair stronger and prevents dirt from easily accumulating within yourscalp. Basically, the same principle with how it closes the pores of your skin as mentioned above. Stronger hair, of course, prevents hair from being easilypulled out when you are combing, and it helps in slowing down overall hair loss.

Better Circulation
Warm water makes the blood rush to your skin, and cool water makes the blood rush to your organs. This switching between hot and cold triggers bettercirculation in your blood by forcing the blood to move. The ideal practice would be to switch numerous times between hot and cold water, but merely ending theshower with cold water does help with circulation. Why should you worry about having good circulation? Well, it prevents such problems as hypertension,hardening of the arteries, and the appearance of varicose veins. Good circulation improves the performance of your system and thus help looking and feelingbetter.

yup i had to do it when i was in Colombia. the first two days you don't want to, but you have too its to hot over there. i still do it once in a while whenim home

Originally Posted by de PHX Jose

Yes.

Ya'll need to man up.

I'm too lazy
grin.gif
ay homie, i found a few things. Dude was right about it being better for your circulation

* Brings blood to the capillaries, therefore increasing circulation throughout the body.

* Strengthens the mucous membranes, which help resist hay fever, allergies, colds, coughs.
Better looking skin
When you shower with warm water, it opens up your pores. Then you wash and this cleans up your pores. That's all good. When you end, it would be best to close your pores and cold water does just that. It's good to close your pores after you are all cleaned up because it will prevent the pores from being easily clogged by dirt and oil, which causes skin imperfections such as acne for example.

Healthier hair

Cold water makes your hair look healthier and shinier. As a matter of fact, cool air makes your hair shinier too (that's why there is a cool air button on your hair dryer). What the cold water does is that it closes the cuticle which makes the hair stronger and prevents dirt from easily accumulating within your scalp. Basically, the same principle with how it closes the pores of your skin as mentioned above. Stronger hair, of course, prevents hair from being easily pulled out when you are combing, and it helps in slowing down overall hair loss.

Better Circulation
Warm water makes the blood rush to your skin, and cool water makes the blood rush to your organs. This switching between hot and cold triggers better circulation in your blood by forcing the blood to move. The ideal practice would be to switch numerous times between hot and cold water, but merely ending the shower with cold water does help with circulation. Why should you worry about having good circulation? Well, it prevents such problems as hypertension, hardening of the arteries, and the appearance of varicose veins. Good circulation improves the performance of your system and thus help looking and feeling better.
Interesting, my acne is pretty bad.

*turns on shower, cold handle only.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DuckTailsxaintxI

Originally Posted by de PHX Jose

Yes.

Ya'll need to man up.

I'm too lazy
grin.gif

Better looking skin
When you shower with warm water, it opens up your pores. Then you wash and this cleans up your pores. That's all good. When you end, it would be best to close your pores and cold water does just that. It's good to close your pores after you are all cleaned up because it will prevent the pores from being easily clogged by dirt and oil, which causes skin imperfections such as acne for example.

Healthier hair

Cold water makes your hair look healthier and shinier. As a matter of fact, cool air makes your hair shinier too (that's why there is a cool air button on your hair dryer). What the cold water does is that it closes the cuticle which makes the hair stronger and prevents dirt from easily accumulating within your scalp. Basically, the same principle with how it closes the pores of your skin as mentioned above. Stronger hair, of course, prevents hair from being easily pulled out when you are combing, and it helps in slowing down overall hair loss.

Better Circulation
Warm water makes the blood rush to your skin, and cool water makes the blood rush to your organs. This switching between hot and cold triggers better circulation in your blood by forcing the blood to move. The ideal practice would be to switch numerous times between hot and cold water, but merely ending the shower with cold water does help with circulation. Why should you worry about having good circulation? Well, it prevents such problems as hypertension, hardening of the arteries, and the appearance of varicose veins. Good circulation improves the performance of your system and thus help looking and feeling better.
Interesting, my acne is pretty bad.

*turns on shower, cold handle only.
grin.gif

the best benefit is that, for some reason, shampoo washes off so easily with cold water than compared with hot water
laugh.gif

I love taking cold showers, just helps in the morning, then switch it to hot, then back to cold before I get out.

Telling you, its so calming ..

Back
Top Bottom