Careers 9-5 Vol. Can you do it ?

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Originally Posted by Al Audi

ya know who else has TERRIBLE hours

the life of a car salesman

geezus i dunno how they work like that, i remember a girl told me way back she was sellin mini coopers and she was workin from 8-8 like everyday
yeah. those dudes are money hungry tho. my dad sells cars so he works from opening to closing...usually like 8-9 but if he sells like 2 or 3 cars he will leave early. i be feeling bad for him.
they make good money tho dont they? my friends dad does that and they got a pretty nice cribe

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

yeah im gonna need a stunt double or something so i can slip out for some zzzz and gym time. i hate the idea of it.
Yeah, but the bread is going to be LOVELY.

Not saying that's a fair tradeoff.

And I hope you have a stand up/down GF.
smashing and gym time will be limited.

these things keep the doctor away too.
Not really.

I generally work upwards of 60 hrs a week.

I still got time to play b-ball, football, go out, and do 'whatever
devil.gif
'

Fresh out of HS and headed to college, a 9-5 was the last thing i wanted.

Now I'm just happy it pays the bills and I have excellent benefits.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

im thinking i-banking 100-120 hrs/wk for 2 years during which i try not to kill myself

then mba

then better hours doing something else

wish me luck nt
I dunno how people do that , I get tired from working 8 hours a day.

Originally Posted by sloanboy

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

ya know who else has TERRIBLE hours

the life of a car salesman

geezus i dunno how they work like that, i remember a girl told me way back she was sellin mini coopers and she was workin from 8-8 like everyday
yeah. those dudes are money hungry tho. my dad sells cars so he works from opening to closing...usually like 8-9 but if he sells like 2 or 3 cars he will leave early. i be feeling bad for him.
they make good money tho dont they? my friends dad does that and they got a pretty nice cribe
lol not when you have to pay child support for four different kids (im not included in that btw) lol...but if he didnt have that he would becaking. he still does pretty well still

I have a 9-5 office gig and I work for myself on the side. It is what it is. I was never one of those "only do what you love" type of people. I livelife with an existentialist set of eyes. I just "do" %%!%. I don't worry about all of the other side %%!%. I'm happy when I get that directdeposit and that's all that matters.

i work in primarily in an office all day. full benefits. make decent money (80k+). 10 minute drive from my apartment (that i'm paying a mortgage on - notrenting). beats the hell out of busting my back in the hot sun all damn day. going online helps. ergonomics helps. napping in the chair helps. reading amagazine on the crapper helps. servicing my fishing reels at the desk helps. game emulators help. truthfully though, just trying to waste time makes things goby slower than if i actually do work.......but that still doesn't stop me from doing more time wasters than actual work. let me illustrate how i use mytime (looking busy is stuff like making fake graphs *see below* and typing emails to your friends or getting on aim/ time wasting is way more blatant like feeton the desk eating popcorn with your eyes closed or strumming on a guitar).

1zvaf00.jpg

14bt6rb.jpg

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

I want to be a doctor, I'll be working 60+ hours a week. It's something I want to do and can see myself doing so I think I will be able to manage
sick.gif

smashing and gym time will be limited.

these things keep the doctor away too.

laugh.gif

Yea I've already been thinking about this.....ah man idk I just hope I can figure something out, once I start Med School it's pretty much gonna be a wrap, gonna be studying all day

But 100-120hrs a week
eek.gif

best of luck

my sis is takin MCAT exam Aug 21st...

kevin2nd you just made your job sound so awesome. no sarcasm.

that 8-5 stuff was horrible some days, other days it was cool..then again i had NT and internet, i couldnt do it if i actually had to do work the whole time.

that 8-5 stuff was horrible some days, other days it was cool..then again i had NT and internet, i couldnt do it if i actually had to do work the whole time.

Originally Posted by kevin2nd

i work in primarily in an office all day. full benefits. make decent money (80k+). 10 minute drive from my apartment (that i'm paying a mortgage on - not renting). beats the hell out of busting my back in the hot sun all damn day. going online helps. ergonomics helps. napping in the chair helps. reading a magazine on the crapper helps. servicing my fishing reels at the desk helps. game emulators help. truthfully though, just trying to waste time makes things go by slower than if i actually do work.......but that still doesn't stop me from doing more time wasters than actual work. let me illustrate how i use my time (looking busy is stuff like making fake graphs *see below* and typing emails to your friends or getting on aim/ time wasting is way more blatant like feet on the desk eating popcorn with your eyes closed or strumming on a guitar).

1zvaf00.jpg

14bt6rb.jpg
eek.gif
Your work life sounds just like mines. I never wanted towork the 9-5 gig, but unfortunately I have bills to pay. I remember growing up, I always said I wouldn't be working 9-5 in a cubicle deal and look at whereI am now lol. I might just go back to school this fall and get another degree in the medical field.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

With the right coworkers, MAYBE. But as it stands I'd rather rap or trap... I'm just not built for a rigid schedule like that.
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

so ignorant yet funny
9-5 if how you survive, I ain't tryna survive, I'm tryna live it to the limit and love it alive

Let me ask you something, was it ignorant when Jay-Z sold a million CDs explaining my point of view to you?

9-5 gig can be done, but only if I have some kind of hobbies on the side (ex: playing on some kind of sports team on weekends, running a small business on theside, core groups of friends to chill with) going to work and just coming home 5 days a week would drive me crazy

Neither was Ice Berg Slim until Reasonable Doubt....what's your point? Really? Make one, go ahead. OP asked a question and I answered. Get off my %+%#. DoYOU.

Well if you look at it realistically, most jobs are 9-5. The different is the people with higher degree or experience earn higher paycheck. If you have yourown business you work even longer and have more stress.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Neither was Ice Berg Slim until Reasonable Doubt....what's your point? Really? Make one, go ahead. OP asked a question and I answered. Get off my %+%#. Do YOU.

laugh.gif
you talkin to me? i was just sayin though

YouMad.jpg

Back
Top Bottom