Cars Are Stupid!

Cars and motorcycles are just fun and freeing imo.
If we got rid of cars and it was only public trans then everyone would be on a schedule. I like being able to just hop in the car to get food or drinks whenever I want. Also not waiting outside in these MN winters if I don't have too.

This makes no sense.

Why would public transportation limit your freedoms?

You're on a schedule regardless.

You have to be at work at 8am.... you have to leave by a certain time.

Seems in those countries with cities with great walkability/bikeability/excellent regular mass transit and safety also have the illest open country roads with less driving restrictions, and thriving car cultures so you could always meet that itch. The solutions are out there but America is just so wrapped up in their ****ed up version of politics.

Put on hold. Cities in between la & sf fought for stops too. If granted, the stops will take as long as a plane. If moving forward there just might be multiple rails for it.

Wasn't there also a budget issue? Could of sworn I heard something about the cost kept rising.

This makes no sense.

Why would public transportation limit your freedoms?

You're on a schedule regardless.

You have to be at work at 8am.... you have to leave by a certain time.
Somedays I come into work at 7. If I want to leave early. Sometimes 8. If wanna sleep in I come in at 9 and get my stuff done in 8 hours or more if need be. My point is I can get up get to work or leave work without having to look at when the next bus or train shows up. Or waiting for a pick up.
Hears another example. Today I felt like grabbing a brew after work. I got in the car when I was done. Drove down to a brewery had a beer. Compared to taking the bus or train I would have already finished my beer by the time the bus or train showed up.
I feel like I shouldn't have to explain winter and how that plays a factor either.

Last edited:
I would be fine with never driving again.

driving in nyc is WOAT. everybody is mad aggressive for no reason.

Wasn't there also a budget issue? Could of sworn I heard something about the cost kept rising.
I dont doubt it, but I'm sure they'll find a way.

Another example.
What if I decide to go hunting or fishing?
There gonna be train stops in the woods? Can I get on the train with a whole deer. :lol:
Yes. You'll be amazed at what folks bring on the train.

At one point there were talks about only allowing certain riders who are able to afford certain time windows of the day to ride the train system, to eliminate the "less desirable" riders(that's been mentioned above) and make it "safer" during those times of the day.

I don’t agree with pricing out anyone, because there are many low income people who absolutely need affordable transportation in order to survive. I’ve heard people say more security to prevent dangerously intoxicated/mentally unstable people into the stations period, but then we know how additional police are just going to ignore them and target random minorities instead. Not sure what the solution is.

Somedays I come into work at 7. If I want to leave early. Sometimes 8. If wanna sleep in I come in at 9 and get my stuff done in 8 hours or more if need be. My point is I can get up get to work or leave work without having to look at when the next bus or train shows up. Or waiting for a pick up.
Hears another example. Today I felt like grabbing a brew after work. I got in the car when I was done. Drove down to a brewery had a beer. Compared to taking the bus or train I would have already finished my beer by the time the bus or train showed up.
I feel like I shouldn't have to explain winter and how that plays a factor either.

Amazing how you made this all about you.

You're completely missing the point.

If you ever travel to Tokyo, Hong Kong, Seoul you’d know public transportation in America is big trash.

Even Americas largest richest metropolis of New York.

Trains and stations are old and poorly maintained

Reactions: ace

You're missing the point. A car is freedom to travel around on your time instead of waiting for a schedule. America likes freedom. America likes their cars.

How is the single mother of 3 kids dropping her kids off at school in the morning. You think she's trying to take the bus or train?

Some people like their privacy and would rather drive in their own vehicle than be surrounded by people.

Some cities don't have a great transportation system and you need a car to get around.

Yea. You can start up the car and it will take you less time on the expressway without traffic. Public transportation comes at a scheduled time. You miss it, wait, and wait. The public transportation is designed for cities. Not the rural parts where a car would be better. Pay less for public transportation and pay more for private transportation.

I’m cool with phasing out cars if you’re talking about RELIABLE public transportation. But just expanding the current trash system we have in the US, no thanks. Don’t wanna spend 3 hours just to go to the grocery store and back.

The problem with the US is lack of options…Industry lobbying and politics made it so a car is the only decent method of transportation everywhere but a handful of cities

For a country that likes to scream about “freedom” and choice you would think ppl would make more fuss about all the alternative options of transportation constantly being blocked or held up by some ppl and companies that don’t have the best interest of the citizens…We shoulda been had high speed rail at least

Did you make a valid point to begin with?
Also......
Random, but I feel like we should be past driving cars.

The older I get, the more stupid **** I see on the road...... its dumb.

Is there a movement for less cars and more public transit out there?
You created this thread all about what YOU saw but how dare I "make this about me" which I didn't.

You're missing the point. A car is freedom to travel around on your time instead of waiting for a schedule. America likes freedom. America likes their cars.

How is the single mother of 3 kids dropping her kids off at school in the morning. You think she's trying to take the bus or train?

Some people like their privacy and would rather drive in their own vehicle than be surrounded by people.

Some cities don't have a great transportation system and you need a car to get around.

I get that.

The point is making public transit better so you can have those "freedoms".

I also own a car btw.

This. What ever happened to that high speed train that was supposed to connect NorCal and SoCal? Same thing for DC to NYC. America claims to be progressive but slow af at technological advancements.
Too much red tape and political obstacles.

Some people are stupid...we gonna get rid of them too?

Car/tire companies etc and politicians are the reason we don't have better infrastructure. The US use to lead the world in rail until the rail companies were bought up and shut down....by said car/tire companies.
Word. Think of the innovation the railroads and street cars would've made if left alone.

A lot of futuristic ideas from the past were shot down. There were electric vehicles in the 1800s.

Also find that we only think a helicopter is the only way to enter a building from the top when designers of older times had different plans.
2c0130943a690a10effeef27b11da9dd.jpg
Mast_Head_Graphic.jpg
screen-shot-2019-03-26-at-11-57-16-am-1553621243.png
mooring_mast_4.jpg

Seems like a lot of old futuristic ideas were suppressed

Back
Top Bottom