Cash money millionaires >>>>YMCMB

you can't trademark a damn slogan/term :lol:  , if that's the case Obama would have made a grip off his name during the 08 election.
Yes, you can. I just had my attorney trademarked one for me in prepping up on launching my firm. For example: McDonald's trademarked both its golden arch along with its name. Well they are registered now since the trademark stage is over.

http://www.uspto.gov/smallbusiness/trademarks/

Bling bling is not a common term so it can certainly be initially trademarked and registered eventually. If Paris Hilton can trademark a common saying such as "That's hot", I'm sure CM can trademark bling bling back in the day.

110129;encoding=jpg;size=300;fallback=defaultImage

400degreez.jpg

chopper-city.gif

:nthat: :nthat: :nthat:

I miss that era. It really made for GREAT driving music. Sadly now only people I mess with is Kanye and a inbetweens

I agree OP. :nthat:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cash Money Millionaires >>> YMCMB

I'm 18, If it matters...

Ahhhhh, the good ol CMR days when Wayne was anywhere from the 4th-6th most relevant rapper on the label. Late 97-00, possibly 2001 Cash Money is so much appreciated. Choppa City In The Ghetto, 400 Degreez, Young & Thuggin, How U Luv That 2, Checkmate, maaaaaaaan :pimp: :pimp: I know people mentioned WU, Roc, and probably Bad Boy before then, but if CMR is on the lower end, I'd much rather that them being on the lower end back then than what's considered the top group/label right now.

you can't trademark a damn slogan/term 
laugh.gif
 , if that's the case Obama would have made a grip off his name during the 08 election.
Yes, you can. I just had my attorney trademarked one for me in prepping up on launching my firm. For example: McDonald's trademarked both its golden arch along with its name. Well they are registered now since the trademark stage is over.

http://www.uspto.gov/smallbusiness/trademarks/

Bling bling is not a common term so it can certainly be initially trademarked and registered eventually. If Paris Hilton can trademark a common saying such as "That's hot", I'm sure CM can trademark bling bling back in the day.
but the term "bling bling" would have to be used in a form of advertisement and its not like they could make money from it. If i say "yo i got that bling bling" it doesn't put in money in their pockets the same way if i said "just do it" in regular conversation. The money comes from the advertisement and i don't think the a brand/logo that incorporated bling bling would have the same weight as federally trademark slogans like Nike, McDonalds etc.

i could be wrong but the idea of it is 
laugh.gif

Do some of you really think Cash Money was a bigger deal then No Limit in the 90's? Without No Limit there would be no CMR. 

Bleee Dat !!!

i miss the old cash money. i would rather listen to the old cash money cds then most of the stuff out now.

Like I'm from the same time range as you guys....but even I'm getting sick of our generation hyping it up over the generations that followed
Just saying.

I'm sorry but the golden era (1992-1998) was a very special time. It's a timeframe well deserving of the hype.

CMR dressed like bammas back then. Music was dope...dudes were still country.

I'm sorry but the golden era (1992-1998) was a very special time. It's a timeframe well deserving of the hype.

CMR dressed like bammas back then. Music was dope...dudes were still country.

Shut your mouth :lol:

tumblr_m1mkhmUOYa1qh78qyo1_1280.jpg

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I'm all for nostalgia, but you can't tell me how foolish even Cash Money looked to people our age, 10 years ago. 

True.

Grew up listening to CMR (among others).... Cash Money was cool...some good stuff no doubt, but a lot of it was garbage too looking back at it. I don't listen to the new stuff so I can't comment on that.

cm/nl ended the golden era and began the bling/bling materialistic era

They were always on that type stuff, I'd step out there and say they bout started it. Word to "Get yo shine on"

It was just on a smaller scale. I remember when they used to rap about Mazda 626s and such. :lol:

I'm all for nostalgia, but you can't tell me how foolish even Cash Money looked to people our age, 10 years ago. 
Get outta here with that hearsay ********.

BG single handedly implemented the tall tee era, and his verse in bling bling was legendary. Turk was coo, and Wayne had so much bravado it was unlike anything I've ever seen, it was lavish and grimey AT THE SAME DAMN TIME.

I miss no limit too man, Silk da shocker basically delivering non rhyming haikus on instrumentals with a dime singing the hook, had a young blood thinking it was as easy as 123 to make it in this rap game.

Let's not even start on Juve who, single handedly introduced the southern ghettos to the world with HA. To this day I haven't seen a more honest hip hop video, not to mention 500 degreez is an American classic. I would strike down any man who states otherwise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom