Cavaliers V Magic GAME SIX Thread Vol: Do or die AGAIN

First off, congrats to the Magic... You guys played your #%* off, and it's going to be a battle for the championship... Can't wait for Ghenges to gooff on us Laker fans
laugh.gif

Cleveland had a great year.. 66 wins
eek.gif
... They just didn't match upwell with the Magic.. Orlando's frontline is
sick.gif

Lebron played outta this world, ain't nobody denying that.. Kinda disappointed in his actions tonight.. Yes he has a reason to be mad, but

Originally Posted by RavageBX

^You missed the entire point of my post. I didn't say he wasn't wrong. I said he's human. He should've manned up and shook hands, etc. But ya'll are riding him like this makes or breaks who he is as a basketball player. For the most-part Bron has carried himself with grace and humility far beyond his age. One time he slips up and people are ready to label him as a punk, sore loser, selfish, fake or crybaby. IMO its not that serious.
far beyond his age? forreal?
laugh.gif

I guess you must have forgotten the times he stands and glares at the crowd after a big shot, or the scowls he makes (it's not just kobe), or the pregamedance routines, sometimes they even bust out dance routines during the game.

But that was all okay because it was Lebron having a good time with his teammates. It's not unsportsman like, it's all in good "fun".

The same dudes defending this guy are the same ones who were crucifying Kobe for the same thing... Ain't nothing like an #%* whoopin' to bring you backdown to earth

If I were Lebron and couldn't make a jumper to save my life in the biggest game of my life, I would be pissed too.

Mike Brown should be fired soley for the fact that he kept doubling Howard off of Rashard Lewis or Turk, rather than a rookie who is not a great 3 pt shooteror a streaky (appeared to be on a cold one) Rafer.

congrats to the Magic, wow you guys deserved it. Who gonna believe the Magic would beat the Cavs in this series. Anything is possible.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

The bottom line is that LeBron is the best player in the league and is better than Kobe. Not better than Kobe eventually, he's better than Kobe today. He plays on a horrible team with a horrible coach. Kobe plays on a great team with a great coach. In a Lakers-Cavs series where you take out both Kobe and LeBron, you're looking at a Lakers sweep, 4-1 tops. The Heat and the Thunder are the only two teams in the league who rely on a single player more than the Cavs. The Cavs are garbage and would've lost to the Celtics as well. They're not going anywhere next year either. LeBron has a great shot at repeating as the MVP though. He should just worry about individual accomplishments next season, because he's not going anywhere with these bums. In 2010, he needs to sign on a team with Chris Bosh and finally get himself a legit #2 man after 7 seasons. Then he can seriously focus on winning championships.
what makes lebron better then kobe? stats? and please dont bring in that garbage PER in your arguement...

Someone embed this for me please

I hope every single fraudulent Cavs "fan" suffocates in despair today. LOL

nt slackin hows this only 81 pages.

orlando won but the cavs will be back next season, the cavs went from an upper 40 to early 50 win team to one of the elite teams in the league this pastseason.

they will be back next year.

Who gonna believe the Magic would beat the Cavs in this series.

The people who were not blinded by their hate for LeBron and overrated his supporting cast in order to explain the 66-win season, aka. the people who see thisteam for being what it is without LeBron: Pure garbage.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

The bottom line is that LeBron is the best player in the league and is better than Kobe. Not better than Kobe eventually, he's better than Kobe today. He plays on a horrible team with a horrible coach. Kobe plays on a great team with a great coach. In a Lakers-Cavs series where you take out both Kobe and LeBron, you're looking at a Lakers sweep, 4-1 tops. The Heat and the Thunder are the only two teams in the league who rely on a single player more than the Cavs. The Cavs are garbage and would've lost to the Celtics as well. They're not going anywhere next year either. LeBron has a great shot at repeating as the MVP though. He should just worry about individual accomplishments next season, because he's not going anywhere with these bums. In 2010, he needs to sign on a team with Chris Bosh and finally get himself a legit #2 man after 7 seasons. Then he can seriously focus on winning championships.
what makes lebron better then kobe? stats? and please dont bring in that garbage PER in your arguement...

The pro-Kobe poster I was replying to had stats even more advanced and pretentious than the PER as an argument as to why Kobe is better, but you didn'treply to him. Actually, I happen to dislike PER, I just mentioned it because the guy I was replying to posted all kinds of ridiculous stats. What makes LeBronbetter than Kobe is that he is more well rounded and a constant triple-double threat. Kobe is a more versatile scorer, but he simply can't dominate allaspects of the game to the extent that LeBron does. Yes, he plays on a deeper team, and yes he doesn't get the ball quite as much as LeBron does togenerate higher stats. But between 2004 and 2007 he had several seasons where he could do what he wanted and all he did was score. All rounder > scorer.Especially when that all-rounder can average 35 points over 14 playoff games.

lebron is a beast, he is the best player in the world, he's surpassed kobe...

with that said... it is all good, because all those years that kobe was labeled "the best" nothing happened for the team.

but now lebron is going home and the lakeshow is going to be playing for the chip again.

team accolades > individual accolades.

I don't know about Lebron surpassed Kobe. i think that's a reach but i know that it will take awhile until Lebron win a championship. This guy wouldneed a legit center and an athletic 4 man to even have a shot at the title. MO William aka Mo gotti is trash when you put a big dude on him. Dude get exposedwhen you put a taller player who can shoot over him . He's basically boobie gibson v2 with better midrange that's it. Lebron will not make it to thefinal again next year either because Garnett will be back, and Orlando(with gained experience) will be even better with Jameer Nelson back. Sorry but i thinkOhio is cursed in the sport category

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

If it weren't for Odom and Gasol, the Lakers wouldn't have gotten to the Finals.

Don't forget Ariza. Both Gasol and Ariza these playoffs > any player LeBron had.

If LeBron had Kobe's supporting cast in the two losses in games 1 and 3, there is no way the Cavs would've lost = fact. I can't blame his teammates for this particular loss tonight, but if they had shown up in games 1 and 3, then tonight might not have been a day where the Cavs were out of the playoffs, but a day where they were resting for the NBA Finals.

laugh.gif
@ the logic that Kobe's better than LeBron because he made the finals. The very same Kobe fanboys who got sand in their Kob-gina when Paul Pierce said that he was the best player in the league when he won last year. But when they can use this logic to advance their Kobe fanboyism, then they're all for it.

For the conference finals

Kobe Bryant.........48.1% FG, 34.4% 3P, 93.1% FT
Lebron James....48.7% FG, 29.7% 3P, 74.5% FT

How about creating plays for your team....

Kobe Bryant........ 35 ast, 13 T/O, 2.7 A/T
Lebron James....48 ast, 25 T/O, 1.9 A/T

Kobe used 48 possessions to create 35 assists... a success rate of 73%
Lebron used 73 possessions to create 48 assists... a success rate of 66%

Also... Lebron shouldn't complain about his supporting cast as they weren't much worse than Kobe's:

Kobe' supporting cast.......... 50.0% 2P, 36.1% 3P, 76.8% FT
Lebron's supporting cast.... 49.9% 2P, 32.3% 3P, 74.7% FT

Dude, I don't know where you get the courage to mention stats. Do you really want to go there? I would've just mentioned LeBron's 35, 9 & 7 averages these playoffs, but since you like the fancy overanalyzing stats, how about this one: LeBron had a player efficiency rating of 38 these playoffs. The highest PER Michael Jordan ever had over a playoffs is 32. Kobe has a PER of 27.

I hate quoting things without saying anything, but you've said pretty much what I wanted to express with that.

Ariza was key in clutch moments, but Odom was HUGE in the last few games for the Lakers, and Gasol did it all series.

what games were you watching? our frontline got owned games 1-4
ariza was the only consistent player other than kobe all series long

you are acting like lebron got ZERO help

The Magic were the better team in this series. And ultimately, their balance trumped. And it's crazy because Jameer would've made them even scarier (alot scarier in fact). I thought it was a mistake not to trade Wally's expiring contract for another scorer at the trade deadline (but who knows whowould've come over). LeBron needs a real sidekick (another bonafide All-Star). Mike Brown needs to continue improving as a coach (please work on youroffensive mind).

I'm not suggesting a team overhaul but the Cavs must do their due diligence in improving the roster. Next year, the Celts should be back and if healthy,will be super dangerous again. The Magic will improve from this post-season's experience (ring or not) and the return of Jameer (Turk absolutely needs tostay though).

LeBron improved by leaps and bounds on the defensive end this year. He should work on his jump shot (mid-range shot to be specific) and his post game thissummer.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

The pro-Kobe poster I was replying to had stats even more advanced and pretentious than the PER as an argument as to why Kobe is better, but you didn't reply to him. Actually, I happen to dislike PER, I just mentioned it because the guy I was replying to posted all kinds of ridiculous stats. What makes LeBron better than Kobe is that he is more well rounded and a constant triple-double threat. Kobe is a more versatile scorer, but he simply can't dominate all aspects of the game to the extent that LeBron does. Yes, he plays on a deeper team, and yes he doesn't get the ball quite as much as LeBron does to generate higher stats. But between 2004 and 2007 he had several seasons where he could do what he wanted and all he did was score. All rounder > scorer. Especially when that all-rounder can average 35 points over 14 playoff games.

see the thing i dont like about what lebron does... is that he tries hard to "show" you he can get a triple double... seems like he wants to be knownas a triple double king or something... like when they played the knicks... his teammates would not try to get the rebound just so lebron can get his tripledouble.... kinda like how he seems to try and up one on kobe... im not a kobe fan... but i still think the dude is still the top player in the NBA... wade andlebron is a different argument

TNT showing the game again right now.

Anyone have gifs of when someone threw a shirt at Ernie? Dude's face expression was comedy.

good series by the magic. they earned it, at the same rate that i think cleveland lost it and may have taken the magic lightly in the first couple games.anyway, my take on whether or not lebron surpassed kobe, is that i think if i were to choose one player, for game 7 of an nba finals game, i'm taking kobe.for any one game, especially a heavily pressured game, kobe can carry and will a team to victory no matter who his supporting cast is imo. however, over thelong course of a season and playoffs, with a roster such as the cavaliers roster, i would rather have lebron than kobe. i think lebron is better at carrying ateam over the long run rather than just one game, if that made sense. basically, what i think i'm trying to say is, that when kobe had a poor supportingcast around him, they were getting #7 or 8 seeds, and being bounced in the 1st round, with kobe complaining and demanding trades. lebron has never had aperennial all star to play with him, yet has taken a horrible team to the 2007 finals on his back, and again to the east finals this year. i still think kobeis the best scorer and closer in the game, but lebron is a better all around player, and a better leader. i say a better leader because he can take a lesstalented team and make them a 66 win team, where as the lakers weren't putting up those win numbers until they stole gasol.

Originally Posted by mattg

good series by the magic. they earned it, at the same rate that i think cleveland lost it and may have taken the magic lightly in the first couple games. anyway, my take on whether or not lebron surpassed kobe, is that i think if i were to choose one player, for game 7 of an nba finals game, i'm taking kobe. for any one game, especially a heavily pressured game, kobe can carry and will a team to victory no matter who his supporting cast is imo. however, over the long course of a season and playoffs, with a roster such as the cavaliers roster, i would rather have lebron than kobe. i think lebron is better at carrying a team over the long run rather than just one game, if that made sense. basically, what i think i'm trying to say is, that when kobe had a poor supporting cast around him, they were getting #7 or 8 seeds, and being bounced in the 1st round, with kobe complaining and demanding trades. lebron has never had a perennial all star to play with him, yet has taken a horrible team to the 2007 finals on his back, and again to the east finals this year. i still think kobe is the best scorer and closer in the game, but lebron is a better all around player, and a better leader. i say a better leader because he can take a less talented team and make them a 66 win team, where as the lakers weren't putting up those win numbers until they stole gasol.

When Kobe had no "supporting cast" who was the competition in the West?

If you answer that correctly you will understand why I ask.

Lebron has done better in the East without a supporting cast because it is easier to do so in such conference.

When Kobe as an 8th seed or 7th seed who did they get "bounced" by?

This year when Lebron made it to the ECF who did they play before the Magic?

Last time they made it to the ECF who did they play before the Pistons?

My point exactly.

Black Mamba.

Originally Posted by 731balla

Originally Posted by mattg

good series by the magic. they earned it, at the same rate that i think cleveland lost it and may have taken the magic lightly in the first couple games. anyway, my take on whether or not lebron surpassed kobe, is that i think if i were to choose one player, for game 7 of an nba finals game, i'm taking kobe. for any one game, especially a heavily pressured game, kobe can carry and will a team to victory no matter who his supporting cast is imo. however, over the long course of a season and playoffs, with a roster such as the cavaliers roster, i would rather have lebron than kobe. i think lebron is better at carrying a team over the long run rather than just one game, if that made sense. basically, what i think i'm trying to say is, that when kobe had a poor supporting cast around him, they were getting #7 or 8 seeds, and being bounced in the 1st round, with kobe complaining and demanding trades. lebron has never had a perennial all star to play with him, yet has taken a horrible team to the 2007 finals on his back, and again to the east finals this year. i still think kobe is the best scorer and closer in the game, but lebron is a better all around player, and a better leader. i say a better leader because he can take a less talented team and make them a 66 win team, where as the lakers weren't putting up those win numbers until they stole gasol.

When Kobe had no "supporting cast" who was the competition in the West?

If you answer that correctly you will understand why I ask.

Lebron has done better in the East without a supporting cast because it is easier to do so in such conference.

When Kobe as an 8th seed or 7th seed who did they get "bounced" by?

This year when Lebron made it to the ECF who did they play before the Magic?

Last time they made it to the ECF who did they play before the Pistons?

My point exactly.

Black Mamba.

i see what you are saying. i guess my point was that if you give kobe this cavaliers team instead of lebron and i don't think he would have led them to 66wins and 6 games in the ecf. of course this is a matter of opinion, i can say lebron all day and you can say kobe, but we can just agree to disagree. lebron isbetter than kobe in several facets, kobe is better than bron is others. kobe is in the finals but has un-disputably better supporting cast. do you really thinkkobe would've taken boobie, an injured larry hughes, drew gooden, andy, pavlovic and an old z to the nba finals regardless of conference? if you answeryes, then this discussion is over and we can each have our own opinion. imo, i dont think he would.

Condolences Cavs fans...My heart goes out to ya'll...

However I'm not going to lie and say I'm not happy that the Cavs are not going to the Finals. I'm ecstatic in fact. I respect LeBron but do I likehim? No. Not in the least. He's entertaining to watch and an appreciated presence in the league. However I'm a Lakers/Kobe fan, there's nopartiality here. I look at LeBron the way Yankees fans look at Papelbon. A part of me wanted to see Lakers Vs Cavs, however at the same time I'm glad wedon't have to deal with LeBron.

Eventually I do want to see a Lakers Cavs Finals within the next couple of years. That is of course if LeBron is still a Cavalier within those couple of years.Right now I much rather we (the Lakers) go get our ring. Do I think it's a guaranteed ring?

Yes...

Lmao...

The Magic are NOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT seeing us. I'll stop posting FOREVER if the Magic beat us. Quote me, take a screenshot, print it out, I don't care. Wegot this on lock.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

I'm so happy this is over. Now maybe we can escape the love fest on ESPN. But somehow I doubt that.

They will just talk about what plays lebron would have made that kobe and dwight might not make in the finals
laugh.gif

Well, everyone's looking for us Cavs fans to come in here and say we should've won, we could've won, and yada yada yada. Anybody who watched theseries objectively knows that this series EASILY could've gone 7 games...but it didn't. At some point, you have to shut up and give credit whereit's due, objectively, and at this point all I can say is congratulations to the Magic because they fought hard and they deserve this series. Plain andsimple. Outplayed, outfought, outhustled, outsmarted on every level. I don't want to turn this into a Cavs sobbing blog, but the two main points I want tomake are that the Magic EARNED this series, no matter how you look at it (and hats off to them for it), and also that, even as LeBron's biggest fan, allthese comparisons to the greats need to stop: the greats WOULD NOT have given up big leads that resulted in losses, and the greats WOULD NOT have let theirteams lose a series to get to the Finals. Best record in the league and MVP don't mean a damn thing if you can't capitalize on it. Now the trend ispeople coming in here and saying, "The Cavs are garbage without LeBron"....that's BS. The real issue is LeBron and Mo Williams not trusting andutilizing their teammates. Had LeBron and Mo played team basketball throughout this series, who knows what would've happened. Does it matter at this point?No. Again, congratulations to the Magic and their fans, and best of luck in the Finals. I'll be pulling for the Lakers because I'm a Kobe fan and Inever believed in the adage that "you root for who beat you" (I'm a competitive person and always HATED who beat me
laugh.gif
). Let's enjoy theNBA Finals...and until next year Cavs fans, I had a great time with you all on here...

GO CAVS
GO LAKERS
CONGRATS ORLANDO
ENJOY THE FINALS EVERYONE

Back
Top Bottom